Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Why is this not being reported by the assumed majority consumers?

I'm assuming most of them think its just supposed to be like that and move on, but its clear as day that ball is not landing on the spot where pitch marker(or ball marker indicates)

Unless they have some basic common see to point out such a glaring fundamental issue which is game breaking for people like me who just can't play versus similar to offline, just because of this one rooted issue which you have rightly pointed out, been there since ashes cricket AFAIK

My real question is how come the BA testing or the Beta members never play the online mode and see this such a basic issue, when BA themselves have said on many occasions that their majority audience cater for online stuff for which they have now added the most useful crossplay functionality..

*sighs*
I wish, all I can do is wish..

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Front foot legside shots (on drive, glance), always feels weaker compare to all other shots in the game...
Personally I feel that is more personal preference than an issue. Some people say op others say not powerful enough. Remembering C19, everyone called for leg side shots to be nerfed in online and then when it was those same people were:

giphy (1).gif

With that said, I think leg side shots play really well in offline and online atm.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
I'd rather not have content withheld to be resold for any fee.

Everything as a subscription isn't a good thing.

You'd rather not want it but no one cares about you us (we were probably the ones referred to as "legacy" fans by the ESL leaked docs:p). That's just how the future of video games are going to be unfortunately.

Besides, it shouldn't necessarily be a withheld content, could be a commentary pack recorded after some months, and made it part of DLC. Would really keep the game feel fresh tbf, especially the longer formats. And honestly this is one innovative way to do it. Don't think there are many ways to circumvent stale commentary nuisance in sports video games.

Not the biggest item on my list either but certainly something to be looked at.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Personally I feel that is more personal preference than an issue. Some people say op others say not powerful enough. Remembering C19, everyone called for leg side shots to be nerfed in online and then when it was those same people were:

View attachment 269153

With that said, I think leg side shots play really well in offline and online atm.
I checked players ratings, majority players have higher ratings in off drive, cut shot compare to on drive and glance... May be because of that, leg side shot feel little weaker...

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
can anyone tell me why my L2 + R2 grounded shots are always 100% of the times go in the air…even six? I want to play grounded aggressive shots not hit one in the air for a catch for that there is L2. My timing is all right yet every single time I use grounded aggressive shot it goes in the…literally every single time.

What am I doing wrong?

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
How do people find T20’s on this game? Or limited overs in general. I’m mainly a Test Match kinda guy but just had a cracking 7 run win in Hundred. Wasn’t really much wrong with it and a good variety of wickets and shots being played!
From what I have played the AI seems to score similar runs in all matches and lose a similar amount of wickets.

The pacing of the AI's innings is always the same. A lot of things seem to be hard scripted such as AI losing wickets after the powerplay, the batsman will get out in a couple of deliveries if their catch is dropped, if you fail to take a wicket for a long time AI will run themselves out.

It would be great to see AI scoring more or fewer runs than usual. For example, the AI is set to score 170 on a given pitch, they can get out for 140-150 if the opposition bowled really well.

Plus while AI is chasing, you can easily see if they're gonna win or lose. In most cases, if the AI loses 2 wickets they're gonna chase the total and if they lose 4 or more wickets they'll come close to the target and lose the match.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
The dropped catch problem is in all formats. You can drop it on ball 1 of the over and get a chance each ball until you take it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
From what I have played the AI seems to score similar runs in all matches and lose a similar amount of wickets.

The pacing of the AI's innings is always the same. A lot of things seem to be hard scripted such as AI losing wickets after the powerplay, the batsman will get out in a couple of deliveries if their catch is dropped, if you fail to take a wicket for a long time AI will run themselves out.

It would be great to see AI scoring more or fewer runs than usual. For example, the AI is set to score 170 on a given pitch, they can get out for 140-150 if the opposition bowled really well.

Plus while AI is chasing, you can easily see if they're gonna win or lose. In most cases, if the AI loses 2 wickets they're gonna chase the total and if they lose 4 or more wickets they'll come close to the target and lose the match.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
I only have a very small sample.

I scored 168 in the Hundred and the AI were on the charge. I managed to hide the ball outside off with cutters and defended the today and won by 7 wickets. They were 6 down.

In the next match I only made 132 they flopped to 72-5 and then just milked me to the win.

I need to play more but what u say certainly I can believe. I did really enjoy the AI using their feet though.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Follow on system is completely borked on Xbox Series X yet again & the broken system is another direct carry over from C19 which frequently had issues regarding follow ons.

If an opposing team comes in well under the required 200 runs a follow on is still inexplicably enforced regardless.

Even if a side is over 200 runs behind, the choice to enforce a follow on or not still isn't being offered either & it's simply assumed a follow on should always be taken whether it's desired or not.

Yes, there's undoubtedly been some good improvements again but there's still a long list of bugs, many of which (and at times the most obvious) just seem to get ignored from update to update, to update.

I also don't quite understand the point to listing the gym mini game attributes being listed as rectified as they're not? It doesn't matter what I do or how many gym mini game sessions I undertake, the numbers still remain the same & never increase or decrease. (Did anyone actually bother to test it after listing it as fixed or was that just another hollow glory claim?)

Users who are viewing this thread