Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What if BA buy Cricket Coach game rights and implement it to there next cricket game? Imagine the depth it can bring in career mode and in stats section of the game...

Eh, you mean hire Oli? Depends on what he is looking for but I don’t think it is as simple as just implementing it especially when you have a code like this franchise that has shown to be rather difficult to deal with.

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
can we try licensed players to be without helmate while batting ?? Like fielding cap or without that .. looks good , any options to remove ?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Cricket 22 | New Update | Jason Roy 50 of 9 Balls Fastest Fifty Ever Cricket History ||
There's a clips thread you can post short videos in there.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
I am enjoying the new release, changes felt:

After playing 3 full test matches and BBL

Good: Better LBWs, Bowleds and Wickets variety for human bowler. Abit more frequent (albeit still once a match only) in field catches in test and t20.

Bad: in T20s A.I still scores runs rather easy and plays some ridiculous shots (Shuffling too far Off, Hitting yorker for Six or 4 to the leg, midwicket, or cover. The sense of "Control over Human Bowling and Getting A.I out" in T20 cricket is still alot reduced when you are bowling absolutely tighter lines but this One Over A.I will find gaps out of nothing.

However it's still ABIT BETTER... previously i used to lose by 9 Wickets with A.I chasing 180-200 totals in t20 comfortably in 17-18th over.

Currently i lost by 4 wickets with A.I chasing 158, (albeit chased down in 17th over)

This is an old issue as we all know, of a.i wickets/pacing feeling abit scripted than real.

I would update this post more however overall the gameplay experience is much better, infact alot better than C19 finally. C22 while does introduce niggles of its own in fielding but it has done good work to fix issues of 2019

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Is there any particular reason why fielding sucks? The mechanism for fielding does not simply working in the online PVP, there is no way to know which end the player is going to throw the ball and no option to make sure the ball is thrown at the stumps, when the ball reaches the player, they almost go in a different universe where time slows down the way they pick the ball while the opposition makes an easy run.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Any ideas how to fix player names and team names. It always shows so and so CENSORED. Even though there is no profanity in the name. How to fix this so others can see the custom names as well or else what is the point?

They can’t even see the custom team name, jerseys etc. It would be fun if everyone can see the name and custom jerseys etc.

pavanjorige

Club Captain
Still Cant fix the Marker Issue in Online Gameplay.. same issues carried forward from Cricket 19 to Cricket 22. Don't know why is it not fixed yet Big Ant Can Stop Making Cricket Games if they cant get it right

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is there any particular reason why fielding sucks? The mechanism for fielding does not simply working in the online PVP, there is no way to know which end the player is going to throw the ball and no option to make sure the ball is thrown at the stumps, when the ball reaches the player, they almost go in a different universe where time slows down the way they pick the ball while the opposition makes an easy run.
Have no clue and should really be fixed after about 30 patches. I think in the February 27 patch the fielding were almost perfect. Don't know why they can't fix it now.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Have no clue and should really be fixed after about 30 patches. I think in the February 27 patch the fielding were almost perfect. Don't know why they can't fix it now.

I wonder why they can't carry over things that work from the previous games instead of breaking things that worked really well. I understand that Big Ant budget may not be as good. I would prefer if they release a working game every 5 years instead of releasing broken game every 2 years. I love BA for making a cricket game and I happily pay for it on multiple platform because I want to support BA but some things are downright annoying.

Oh and setting in close fielders and brilliant animation of players stopping the ball is useless, they just stop the ball and sleep on it, by the time they throw the ball, opposition already takes one run easily. These kind of stops are only important if we can save that one run unless it is an overthrow or something. In close games, stopping fielding like this useless, you can take single 100% of the times. It's is frustrating

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Another question is even though cross play is on but I found out we cannot invite people and friends to join PVP if they are on a different platform? Kinda beats the purpose of crossplay for me. I am on PS and my friends are on PC.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
I wonder why they can't carry over things that work from the previous games instead of breaking things that worked really well. I understand that Big Ant budget may not be as good. I would prefer if they release a working game every 5 years instead of releasing broken game every 2 years. I love BA for making a cricket game and I happily pay for it on multiple platform because I want to support BA but some things are downright annoying.

Oh and setting in close fielders and brilliant animation of players stopping the ball is useless, they just stop the ball and sleep on it, by the time they throw the ball, opposition already takes one run easily. These kind of stops are only important if we can save that one run unless it is an overthrow or something. In close games, stopping fielding like this useless, you can take single 100% of the times. It's is frustrating
I downloaded Real Cricket 22 on IOS yesterday and were amazed by their fielding mechanics. Exactly what we need in BA Cricket 22

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
I downloaded Real Cricket 22 on IOS yesterday and were amazed by their fielding mechanics. Exactly what we need in BA Cricket 22

I would have played it if only it wasn't riddled with micro-transactions. I refuse to support this practice.

EnigmaticZee

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Can anyone tell me how to make sure custom player names and teams are not censored? I am on Playstation with no parental settings. What is the point of creating custom players and teams when others cannot see the custom name and custom team names? I play with my cousin, I don't see his name and he doesn't see mine. It comes as X. CENSORED. It is so stupid!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
How do people find T20’s on this game? Or limited overs in general. I’m mainly a Test Match kinda guy but just had a cracking 7 run win in Hundred. Wasn’t really much wrong with it and a good variety of wickets and shots being played!

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
How do people find T20’s on this game? Or limited overs in general. I’m mainly a Test Match kinda guy but just had a cracking 7 run win in Hundred. Wasn’t really much wrong with it and a good variety of wickets and shots being played!
I’m pretty much test all the way. Just been playing some T20s. Found them pretty good, variation of wickets re catches and one LBW in two matches. Seen the AI come down the pitch to spinners and a paddle shot from them too.

Users who are viewing this thread