Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have started playing again while toning down the ball speed to default and turning off the pitch marker and everything, really feeling different now
Batting is much better when you don't have a circle telling you where the ball will pitch. It's the easiest way to make the game more challenging.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Any ideas on how to make keeping more realistic? Multiple times, the keeper just doesn't stump the batsmen when I bowl - or doesn't run out the batsmen (takes ages to collect and break the stumps).

Even the AI fielders when batting allow too many easy singles and doubles - especially when the ball is hit to them directly.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
B
But still impossible to play short pitch deliveries, any tips on tha
Probably the hardest aspect. General I'd say look at the bowler mentality (I don't know if that's even possible during a match) and the field. Brute are more likely to bowl shorter and the AI will usually set fields appropriate for it (hopefully this will improve in time).

I find the best thing about removing batting assistance is that short bowling and Yorkers are more difficult to deal with.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
This game would have been so much better if there was no pitch marker and no standard/arcade controls.
Pretty sure you can turn pitch marker off.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Did they stop academy services for Cricket 19? Tried some downloads today and it said Academy service not available. Tried for more that 4 hours. Nothing wrong with my internet connection because Cricket 22 works just fine. Also checked the server status which were also fine.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This game would have been so much better if there was no pitch marker and no standard/arcade controls.
I don't mind them giving multiple options. These things can either be turned off or changed in the settings. I prefer standard controls and probably wouldn't have played this game if only pro controls existed.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Have they stopped patching the game?. Fielding is very weird at present. After playing all formats of the game, anyone can notice game breaking bugs

noys390

Club Cricketer
^^. I don't think there is any game breaking bug right now but some that we have to live with :
1. Annoying fielding bugs, don't think this this would be fixed any time soon.
2. AI batting against spinners is still awful specially in test.
3. AI bowling line in certain case not according to field and giving free opportunity to hit.

BlueChampX

School Cricketer
^^. I don't think there is any game breaking bug right now but some that we have to live with :
1. Annoying fielding bugs, don't think this this would be fixed any time soon.
2. AI batting against spinners is still awful specially in test.
3. AI bowling line in certain case not according to field and giving free opportunity to hit.
In Ten10, the game still considers power play to be 6 overs instead of 3 overs. I’ve tried creating new match type for Ten10 and manually set up power play to be 3 overs and while in play it still seems to revert to 6 overs. Given I mostly play only Ten10, this is sort of a game breaking bug for me.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
In Career Below are the point of concern @MattW

1 - Why The career starts on minimum 18 Age only?
2 - First class Matches are worst You are Playing first class matches over strike rate 150.
3 - No Field changing even same shot at same place
4 - Taking single is as easy with lazy fielders as you can drive tesla car.
5 - Overlapping the Tournament issue - Suppose you playing one tournament next match will be for other country tournament and you cannot ignore that

gamu

Club Captain
@MattW

1. DLS system doesn't work now.
2. Tournament structure is not there, we have to choose league and then finals. Need groups to be implemented
3. Lofted sweep shots needs to get more height sometimes, it has very low height range.
4. Fielders are not so proactive.
5. Bowlers , specially spinners bowls too much wides (AI)

cricboi

Club Captain
In Career Below are the point of concern @MattW

1 - Why The career starts on minimum 18 Age only?
2 - First class Matches are worst You are Playing first class matches over strike rate 150.
3 - No Field changing even same shot at same place
4 - Taking single is as easy with lazy fielders as you can drive tesla car.
5 - Overlapping the Tournament issue - Suppose you playing one tournament next match will be for other country tournament and you cannot ignore that
In a way 2-4 are the same issue. If the AI could set better fields and bowl to them then the strike rate wouldn't be so high. At a certain point if you play this game long enough you get pretty good and so most innings you'll put a lot of balls in play. The issue is that most of those ball go for boundaries or 2/3s because the fields are so open.

Users who are viewing this thread