Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Same here! I love batting and a huge fan of test cricket. Mostly play test series and career mode.

Had so much fun with career mode as a top order bat in ashes 17. In DBC 14, I had to premidiate/leg glance mostly, still loved it as it was so realistic in terms of graphics and gameplay at that time.
Don't care about online or other T20/short format modes.
What camera do you bat with?

Bluebagger

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How do you leave the ball with pro batting? RT does nothing and using it with footwork just goes in to a forward defense.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How do you leave the ball with pro batting? RT does nothing and using it with footwork just goes in to a forward defense.
I'd recommend re-mapping leave button to LS than RS. It gives flexibility to trigger the directional leave with one stick.

LiamHampshire

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Posted a question in the career mode thread but just realised how inactive it is so I thought it better to ask it here:

Are you able to edit career mode club teams in the same way that you could (IIRC) in Cricket 19? I don’t particularly enjoy starting with a club team so I would be planning to change them to some sort of ‘minor counties’ system if I can, because that feels more appropriate as a progression to move into domestic and then international cricket from.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Posted a question in the career mode thread but just realised how inactive it is so I thought it better to ask it here:

Are you able to edit career mode club teams in the same way that you could (IIRC) in Cricket 19? I don’t particularly enjoy starting with a club team so I would be planning to change them to some sort of ‘minor counties’ system if I can, because that feels more appropriate as a progression to move into domestic and then international cricket from.
You can select 6 teams at the beginning and completely overhaul them, like changing kits, grounds, names. I think you can't change the players in the team

LiamHampshire

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
You can select 6 teams at the beginning and completely overhaul them, like changing kits, grounds, names. I think you can't change the players in the team
Thanks, would it just be those 6 teams in the ‘club’ league that my player plays in? Or would I have the 6 edited teams (i.e. my created minor counties) playing in a league with club teams that I can’t edit?

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Thanks, would it just be those 6 teams in the ‘club’ league that my player plays in? Or would I have the 6 edited teams (i.e. my created minor counties) playing in a league with club teams that I can’t edit?
Your home team and other 5 that you've Edited on your team selection screen, will be locked for your entire career.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
Behind the stumps camara "Batting far" I think.
Ok well I'm in danger of going into some detail on this subject, possibly involving comparative footage from different iterations.

One easy starter - are you somebody who watches the bowling action closely when batting? Did you get a bit tired of the repetition of bowling actions in 14 and 17? Did you wish you could bat against bowling animations captured from actual international players?

In this respect things have improved markedly since DBC17. Some posters here regret that BA put so much work into animations and would rather they'd worked on other stuff instead, but I don't think anyone is likely to argue persuasively that the bowling animations of previous iterations were better. For me it's a key part of the batting experience and I'm always delighted to see the number of actions in the game increasing.

Another easy one - career mode is more fleshed out in C22 but the new stuff hasn't been massively popular with the career mode players, and it still feels quite bare bones in a lot of ways. You get a voice acted coach and a little intro bit with dialogue options when you start in club cricket but he hasn't said a lot in my own game since then - though possibly there's more content but I missed it through shitty batting- beyond occasionally popping into the dressing room to tell us we're letting ourselves down. As a career mode player from DBC14 I'm happy to see BA put a bit of time into this mode but I can't really recommend it as a big selling point over DBC14 or 17.

The Lone Ranger

School Cricketer
Ok well I'm in danger of going into some detail on this subject, possibly involving comparative footage from different iterations.

One easy starter - are you somebody who watches the bowling action closely when batting? Did you get a bit tired of the repetition of bowling actions in 14 and 17? Did you wish you could bat against bowling animations captured from actual international players?

In this respect things have improved markedly since DBC17. Some posters here regret that BA put so much work into animations and would rather they'd worked on other stuff instead, but I don't think anyone is likely to argue persuasively that the bowling animations of previous iterations were better. For me it's a key part of the batting experience and I'm always delighted to see the number of actions in the game increasing.

Another easy one - career mode is more fleshed out in C22 but the new stuff hasn't been massively popular with the career mode players, and it still feels quite bare bones in a lot of ways. You get a voice acted coach and a little intro bit with dialogue options when you start in club cricket but he hasn't said a lot in my own game since then - though possibly there's more content but I missed it through shitty batting- beyond occasionally popping into the dressing room to tell us we're letting ourselves down. As a career mode player from DBC14 I'm happy to see BA put a bit of time into this mode but I can't really recommend it as a big selling point over DBC14 or 17.
Thankyou man for the review. Sounds like there's no game breaking bugs and the career mode is good/decent from batting point of view that's what I am looking for. The more bowling animations are added bonus. I think I am gonna get it.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Thankyou man for the review. Sounds like there's no game breaking bugs and the career mode is good/decent from batting point of view that's what I am looking for. The more bowling animations are added bonus. I think I am gonna get it.
Good decision, let us know how you get on. Will be genuinely interested to hear how a new player finds the game in its current state.

T.J.Hooker II

Club Captain
There are quite a lot more options for batting than there were in 17 so it might take a bit of messing around to find your sweet spot. There's a bunch of different batting styles with some variation in shots - and different animations have different timing windows so it does make a difference. The old issue with bowling speed being linked to visual speed has been addressed so now there's a slider specifically for visual speed, and that changes the feel of batting quite a lot.

Spinners now bowl a bit quicker by default and have their own speed slider rather than being locked at a very slow speed as per 14/17 (and Ashes? Can't remember when that changed).

The other major change you might notice from 17 is that BA overhauled the bowling AI system for C19 and bowling is now a bit more guided / planned than previously. The old DBC14 system mostly decided what to bowl via emergent number crunching and never quite worked as intended. The old DBC17 issue with deliveries clustering around the set lengths has been addressed and the sets of 6 that you see in the hawkeye summary between overs are generally pretty good.

As I think I said up thread, I would definitely say that the AI seamers in particular bowl better / more realistically at me now than in previous iterations, though that's not to say there aren't some kinks. Occasionally I've had spinners going around the wicket and bowling absolute nonsense down the leg side for an over or so before coming to their senses.

The old DBC exploit of just spamming leg glances at everything can still get you through if all else fails.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are there any tutorials on how to create/upload logos? I have a ton of logos and stuff still on SSD from DBC 14 that I would like to bring in to the game

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I’ve jumped back on the game after a few months away and really enjoying doing an ashes series with England.

The only issues for me are fielding (especially stumping and throwing the ball back to the wrong man) if that could of been sorted out it would be a cracking game and I still find the first innings of a test really authentic bowling wise variation of wickets and feels really good however the second innings always seems scripted with 2/3 run outs and 2/3 wickets with the flick off leg side not sure if anyone else gets this ?

Users who are viewing this thread