Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
My game crashes now every time I try to load my test competition.

I've had enough. I'm not interested in a solution. Bigant can do one.
Bunch of charlatans.

Cricket_god

Club Captain
I’ve jumped back on the game after a few months away and really enjoying doing an ashes series with England.

The only issues for me are fielding (especially stumping and throwing the ball back to the wrong man) if that could of been sorted out it would be a cracking game and I still find the first innings of a test really authentic bowling wise variation of wickets and feels really good however the second innings always seems scripted with 2/3 run outs and 2/3 wickets with the flick off leg side not sure if anyone else gets this ?
I just hate the batpad catches .Its breaks immersion when wk teleports and takes catches at short leg .Bugant have to reduce animation speed of closein catchers.I also hate the ugly hoik shot to leg side ai plays to give wickets in test matches.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just hate the batpad catches .Its breaks immersion when wk teleports and takes catches at short leg .Bugant have to reduce animation speed of closein catchers.I also hate the ugly hoik shot to leg side ai plays to give wickets in test matches.
I guess Developers moved over and stopped patching. Any game will have sufficient number of bugs. Let us play whatever we can.

Cricket_god

Club Captain
I guess Developers moved over and stopped patching. Any game will have sufficient number of bugs. Let us play whatever we can.
I have moved to ashes cricket 17.Currently i am playing a test match at mcg on dry hard pitch and after lunch it got cloudy,atmosphere is so much better than cricket 22.

Australia are batting first ,In ashes cricket player mentalities do work and it creates nice ebb and flow of matches.Warner started with quickfire 25 of 30 balls before a peach inswinger from bumrah got him.

Smith was strangled down leg from a ball which bounced more than expected from siraj ,Marnus with conservative mentality anchored the innings till shami had a dream spell of 3 quick wickets after lunch helped by overhead conditions.

I just love that there is no ugly hoik by AI,slip fielders have such beautiful animations ,WK does not teleport

FlRefbfagAA-WWn.jpg

Marnus with his antics

FlRearkaUAItYas.jpg

Attachments

• FlRefbfagAA-WWn.jpg
    FlRefbfagAA-WWn.jpg
    781.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Cricket_god

Club Captain
Thankyou man for the review. Sounds like there's no game breaking bugs and the career mode is good/decent from batting point of view that's what I am looking for. The more bowling animations are added bonus. I think I am gonna get it.
Bro save ur money get cricket 19 or ashes cricket 17.In Cricket 22 AI Cant play spin ,First slip is iuseless,Wk teleports to shortleg to take catches of spinners.Ai batsamn will play ugly hoik to leg side and get out frequently.

Last edited:

Cricket_god

Club Captain
There are quite a lot more options for batting than there were in 17 so it might take a bit of messing around to find your sweet spot. There's a bunch of different batting styles with some variation in shots - and different animations have different timing windows so it does make a difference. The old issue with bowling speed being linked to visual speed has been addressed so now there's a slider specifically for visual speed, and that changes the feel of batting quite a lot.

Spinners now bowl a bit quicker by default and have their own speed slider rather than being locked at a very slow speed as per 14/17 (and Ashes? Can't remember when that changed).

The other major change you might notice from 17 is that BA overhauled the bowling AI system for C19 and bowling is now a bit more guided / planned than previously. The old DBC14 system mostly decided what to bowl via emergent number crunching and never quite worked as intended. The old DBC17 issue with deliveries clustering around the set lengths has been addressed and the sets of 6 that you see in the hawkeye summary between overs are generally pretty good.

As I think I said up thread, I would definitely say that the AI seamers in particular bowl better / more realistically at me now than in previous iterations, though that's not to say there aren't some kinks. Occasionally I've had spinners going around the wicket and bowling absolute nonsense down the leg side for an over or so before coming to their senses.

The old DBC exploit of just spamming leg glances at everything can still get you through if all else fails.
Spinners bowling quicker has made AI unable to play them leading to numerous batpad chances.The bowling system was better in cricket 19 where you could plan a batsman out rather than cricket 22 where its just random.If you work for bigant can u please fix the batpad bug atleast.This is on a green pitch and part time spinner.

20220715_124412.jpg

Last edited:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have moved to ashes cricket 17.Currently i am playing a test match at mcg on dry hard pitch and after lunch it got cloudy,atmosphere is so much better than cricket 22.

Australia are batting first ,In ashes cricket player mentalities do work and it creates nice ebb and flow of matches.Warner started with quickfire 25 of 30 balls before a peach inswinger from bumrah got him.

Smith was strangled down leg from a ball which bounced more than expected from siraj ,Marnus with conservative mentality anchored the innings till shami had a dream spell of 3 quick wickets after lunch helped by overhead conditions.

I just love that there is no ugly hoik by AI,slip fielders have such beautiful animations ,WK does not teleport

View attachment 274145

Marnus with his antics

View attachment 274147
Ashes Cricket has it's own forum. Ashes Cricket

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Spinners bowling quicker has made AI unable to play them leading to numerous batpad chances.The bowling system was better in cricket 19 where you could plan a batsman out rather than cricket 22 where its just random.If you work for bigant can u please fix the batpad bug atleast.This is on a green pitch and part time spinner.

View attachment 274148
Not knocking what you're trying to point here at all as it's valid for sure, but.....

"Part time spinner" Ravi Ashwin?! With his 27.4 bowling average in 88 tests? :sweat:

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Not knocking what you're trying to point here at all as it's valid for sure, but.....

"Part time spinner" Ravi Ashwin?! With his 27.4 bowling average in 88 tests? :sweat:

He clearly is a part-timer when compared with Rohit ‘IPL hat-trick’ Sharma.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

View attachment 274145

Marnus with his antics

View attachment 274147

First video...

Catching bug looked terrible.
4 byes over the keeper just standing there within 30 seconds.

Haha every game has its issues

Cricket_god

Club Captain

I meant Rohit Sharma.To point out skills don't matter in cricket 22
Post automatically merged:

First video...

Catching bug looked terrible.
4 byes over the keeper just standing there within 30 seconds.

Haha every game has its issues
Byes was not over keeper head it was wide down legside,moreover it was on a hard pitch with increased pitch bounce slider.Yes every game will have some bugs but cricket 22 is a bugfest.In cricket 22 wk would have dived over to second slip to take that catch.

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

Cricket_god

Club Captain
Yes, apologies. I thought that little joke would be fairly clear but appreciate not everything transfers over the wonders of the internet :plainsmile:

I've also had similar experiences, for what it's worth, as Joe Root became Shane Warner and pretty much destroyed this test match: https://www.planetcricket.org/forums/threads/enough-is-enough-a-cricket-22-story.118934/post-3533285
It's really immersion breaking ,athe close in fielders and wk superhuman reflexes have to toned down.I have raised so many tickets on issue of batpad.I am using your ashes cricket 17 sliders and it's so much better.

Users who are viewing this thread