Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

issue

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nice to see time lapse of clouds moving. Hope they do dynamic weather with light changes when cloudy and maintain it realistic.... Looking forward to see new cricket game

Ashy-90

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It is their Aussie summer now… great to see the women’s game hopefully being put on the same standing as the men’s game within the game.
So expecting some glimpse in This month hopefully..

CraigMc24

Club Captain
Nice to see time lapse of clouds moving. Hope they do dynamic weather with light changes when cloudy and maintain it realistic.... Looking forward to see new cricket game
Would love to see weather changes based on the local weather at the stadium etc. Also have it so if you play the Ashes the same time as the real Ashes is on, the weather IRL is the weather you have in game. So let’s say it’s raining at the SCG IRL then in game it’s raining also. I’m sure something could be done on the server side to update that and make it happen, It’s just wether or not it’s something big ant care enough about to implement.

However firstly I’d be more focused on ironing out bugs and improving the fielding mechanics and how the AI fields in game. Making sure the game itself plays how it should without any bugs or weird little issues. That’s what I’d be worried about getting right first.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Would love to see weather changes based on the local weather at the stadium etc. Also have it so if you play the Ashes the same time as the real Ashes is on, the weather IRL is the weather you have in game. So let’s say it’s raining at the SCG IRL then in game it’s raining also. I’m sure something could be done on the server side to update that and make it happen, It’s just wether or not it’s something big ant care enough about to implement.

However firstly I’d be more focused on ironing out bugs and improving the fielding mechanics and how the AI fields in game. Making sure the game itself plays how it should without any bugs or weird little issues. That’s what I’d be worried about getting right first.
If I can't watch the cricket because it's raining I don't want to switch on a game and have it rain too.

CraigMc24

Club Captain
If I can't watch the cricket because it's raining I don't want to switch on a game and have it rain too.
No I agree, however having something dynamic as that (weather) would be cool to see and maybe it’s a game setting you could choose to use before you start the game. Also if selected it might only be something that may effect the for a few overs here and there. Also you would be able skip the overs that are raining anyway and resume the game when its dry weather. I reckon it would make the game more interesting and you won’t have as many days/overs to win the game.

Its just an idea, like they could do it based on the weather forecast for the 5 days of the test match. So if day 3 is supposed to have rain according to the weather bureau, then when you play the game, day 3 might have rain and rain delays (which can be skipped) etc. That’s all I’m saying.

Lassana_Dias

School Cricketer
We should not get our hopes up for new game for

A) Bigant has 0 competition and a base of fans who would buy anything for almost any price

B) last game was almost perfect and a massive improvement on any game before that.

C) being a private company profits must be made. When the company can easily change some skins , add few minor features and limit the development cost, why not . Good example - Fifa

chiefdave

School Cricketer
We should not get our hopes up for new game for

A) Bigant has 0 competition and a base of fans who would buy anything for almost any price

B) last game was almost perfect and a massive improvement on any game before that.

C) being a private company profits must be made. When the company can easily change some skins , add few minor features and limit the development cost, why not . Good example - Fifa
Agree with this. Look at FIFA, with over 325 million copies sold you get a minor tweak every year. Not much chance that Cricket 22 is going to be a radically different game built from the ground up.

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agree with this. Look at FIFA, with over 325 million copies sold you get a minor tweak every year. Not much chance that Cricket 22 is going to be a radically different game built from the ground up.
Any idea how many copies of cricket are sold ???

D

Dutch

I dont think BA are the types of developer to CTRL C/CTRL V their games: I believe they have an honest drive to make the best possible games they can within the scope of their resources. And yes they need to make the game so it sells to a broad audience that isnt always just looking for the depth and subtlety that some of us might want, but they have a decent track record in my eyes, not perfect, but decent. Dont judge a book by its cover, and certainly not a book you havent even seen yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread