Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

D

Deleted member 185125

After playing a bit after getting home its clear the gameplay feel from launch day is well and truly gone. It feels like a carbon copy of Cricket 19 now. Gameplay is flat and boring. Pretty disappointed, I'm adding this game to the collection of disappointing games. And any future BA game, I'm just not going to look at unless it gets stellar reviews. Pretty flat atm in regards to the state of this game.

Should have been released next year alongside the wc 20/20 (which is being played here in Australia.) Anyway, that's just my two cents worth opinion.
They definitely should've taken their time, but that's the downfall of this license business. They definitely can't be using the same Fielding animation/structure which they had since 2014. Pretty poor. I think it's our mistake as a consumer, we don't learn from the past. Every other BA game has the same cycle, it almost feels Deja Vu.

D

Deleted member 185125

I think its proven that their "patches" tend leave or make more things broken over time rather than fix things. I might come back in six months but at this stage I'd rather play star citizen than this, which says a lot.

I just think the coding behind the game is so convoluted that rebalancing anything forces the entire game's code to collapse in onto itself and create a singularity. I might sound harsh, but I just think Cricket 22 is a run of the mill, go through the motions, make sure we release on our usual cycle, game.
More than being excited about what's fixed in a new patch, I'm always worried about what they might've broken, which was working fine before that.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They definitely should've taken their time, but that's the downfall of this license business. They definitely can't be using the same Fielding animation/structure which they had since 2014. Pretty poor. I think it's our mistake as a consumer, we don't learn from the past. Every other BA game has the same cycle, it almost feels Deja Vu.
I think this time around some good will with them will be lost. I compare C22 to nba2k (believe it or not) in that it has made little to no improvements over the last version. But I think I'm in the minority overall for this game. I don't even have any interest doing players etc for the academy.

I just can't put my finger on it but the magic from the release day version (minus some annoying bugs) is gone. It played differently, to C19 where as now, I may as well boot up C19. And BA don't even realise it which is even sadder.

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Yeah, bugs me a lot.... When they can have different batting and bowling animations and things that are new, they could have just revamped the fielding aspect as well? Ashes 17 and C19 had amazing batting and bowling mechanics but was very bad when it comes to fielding. It's now noted that it's not entirely built from the scratch but just few. If they cannot fix the animation, they atleast should fix the fielding bugs.

And there is no point in giving any verdict now. Let's hope they at least fix this for their next game... somewhere in 2024/25. Making it accessible for all should not be taken for granted and piss off vivid cric gamers.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
GamePlay should be priority for a sports gamer, but some of us asking for keyboard controls, India, Pakistan licences instead of gameplay improvement , it's pretty bad though

D

Deleted member 185125

I think this time around some good will with them will be lost. I compare C22 to nba2k (believe it or not) in that it has made little to no improvements over the last version. But I think I'm in the minority overall for this game. I don't even have any interest doing players etc for the academy.
Definitely disappointing. Imagine, every other release had academy released in advance. And this time, everything academy related is a mess.

D

Deleted member 185125

GamePlay should be priority for a sports gamer, but some of us asking for keyboard controls, India, Pakistan licences instead of gameplay improvement , it's pretty bad though
I don't think it's about people asking, if that's the case, we should've seen an Android game this time. It's all about the Company's vision. Especially being a Gaming Company, it about being Innovative and bringing in new things to the table. But mainly since BA doesn't have any Competition in the Market, can afford doing what they r doing. And all of us have to take what is been given to us.

B

Bigby Wolf

The DBC17 feeling is quite obvious and glad I am not alone on this.

After the highs of DBC14 and Cricket 19 we were all set to witness the new BA games on the next generation.

Both the games were first to launched on a new next gen consoles - PS4/XB1 then and now PS5/Xbox (whatever the lastest version is).

Both the games had obvious glaring issues when launched and needed a lots of fixing with patches.

Both the games released seems like rushed and unfinished product of the final version.

s0074845

Club Captain
Definitely disappointing. Imagine, every other release had academy released in advance. And this time, everything academy related is a mess.
Academy should have been released months in advance if they had a change in game development so that people could have pinpointed issues with faces and other texture issues.
I am quite surprised as to why they did not want to make c22 game modes same as c19 which had the right foundation and built it from bugs people had mentioned . That way they could have used the same codes and work on ironing out fielding and other issues people had pointed.

each patch fixes one issue and creates another 5.

It will be good if experts here are able to test new patch and advise if it’s suitable for release

wasbir2000

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
AI is bowling excessive no balls. bowling 6 to 7 no balls per over. any else also see this?
i play in steam

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Some of the support tickets I just logged might be exact carbon copy of the tickets which I have logged for previous iterations. I just wanna enjoy the game after paying for it, not to be a tester.
Uhm good one. I never wanted to say this, but... I think they will have to pull the game out from the platforms for a couple of weeks or even a month to fix all glaring bugs, issues, academy stuff, gameplay, graphics etc etc and then push it again when it's POLISHED and FINISHED. There is no point in downloading GBs and MBs of patches if they had it sorted things out before the game is officially released :) it's disappointing and being a cricket fan to a core, I feel sad that the developer who is making a cricket game is not living up to thier standards. Sports games are hard to make but not to be made with this amount of lack in gameplay and other elements.

One common thing is, I don't see the clock or time when I play the game :) thats how much a game of this sort is missing!

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Anyone surprised that even IGN didn't role a review video out yet, when they did so on launch day for C19! Doesn't it seems that C22 is not a finished product yet! Too early but this game made me feel BA just did something like EA does for fifa till now. Target casual players, give cosmic changes priority and target an yearly iterations with promises that can't be kept.

Side note: I'm still pretty hopeful on BA, just because their dedication and support after release. Only thing may be not directing them to be next EA.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Uhm good one. I never wanted to say this, but... I think they will have to pull the game out from the platforms for a couple of weeks or even a month to fix all glaring bugs, issues, academy stuff, gameplay, graphics etc etc and then push it again when it's POLISHED and FINISHED. There is no point in downloading GBs and MBs of patches if they had it sorted things out before the game is officially released :) it's disappointing and being a cricket fan to a core, I feel sad that the developer who is making a cricket game is not living up to thier standards. Sports games are hard to make but not to be made with this amount of lack in gameplay and other elements.

One common thing is, I don't see the clock or time when I play the game :) thats how much a game of this sort is missing!
You could say this game wasn't ready for...
Primetime.

Users who are viewing this thread