Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just a bit.

The fact theyve done so much work on fielding and its still this laughable at times shows how far away things really are.

I try not be negative. Because I can have fun.. and I have faith other things will be improved and sorted.

I just get irritated with how things are addressed and dealt with.

“The wait for Day 1 patch” may as well be a meme.

But we were told of a fielding over haul. Nothing about fielding has got better. It got substantially worse. They STILL all slide over the rope and do some weird teleport.

At one point none of them could catch. They still don’t run properly and they hit the stumps with laser targeted throws.

It baffles me how it can be quoted as “overhaul” it’s insulting to anyone with a brain that’s played the previous games.

I am and will always be pro BA and will spend hours testing and trying to get the best game settings for community as I enjoy it.

But you got to call out the bullshit when it’s so obvious.

Not to mention they still catch with a one handed lunge and still don’t dive forwards.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Excellent data @Nithin Antony - were all seeing the ball turn on green decks way more than it should - spin bowling revs at 22 in the sheet, perhaps this needs slashing right down, maybe 10 @Rumple43 ?
I think grassy sliders need slashing across the board. The ball just does too much regardless.

Will look into it when I'm back at my computer in January. Remind me then haha

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Every ticket raised will be in processing I guess but Ross said they read it as they come. I have reported this issue as well but not a deal breaker for me. Each individual here will have different issues that annoys them the most. For me it is the lineup thing and for you it is the offside shot thing.

I’m enjoying the game despite obvious flaws and love Competition Designer.

Thanks for raising a ticket re: the line-up situation. I definitely consider not being able to edit your own line-up in a competition important!

Staresblank

Club Captain
This game is nuts - some of the features are quite sophisticated but implemented very poorly. Take for instance the 365 day weather cycle, impressive stuff. However, do I really need the ability to play a match in January in the UK? Not really.

But this overcomplicated system means mistakes happen. Like when I try and play a competition in the UK, guess what date it starts in? January! I can't even change the starting date. Meaning the game starts at 11am under floodlights. This is absurd. All we need is an option to choose spring, summer and autumn times, like there is with weather. Sometimes complexity isn't a good thing.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
So continuing to tinker and test..

1-1 and Melbourne awaited.. Groundsman reckons there was a bit in it early on but again still another good deck with all the hot weather about.

England were all over Australia early on and never let them get away the whole session never going above 3 and over with attacking fields.

CCF7913D-1019-4A45-A01B-A64677ECCE88.jpeg
Harris caught getting a leading edge working it to leg..

66EB5F73-B6AE-4AA9-BCEC-471159412534.jpeg
Before a frustrated Warner got an inside edge going for a big drive…

Marnus and Smith then dug in to get to lunch..

B0A067B2-AFB9-4F81-93E0-81F7A44EAE2C.jpeg

@Rumple43 Edges dropped short to gully and point. It’s a good deck but a few more edges.

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
This game is nuts - some of the features are quite sophisticated but implemented very poorly. Take for instance the 365 day weather cycle, impressive stuff. However, do I really need the ability to play a match in January in the UK? Not really.

But this overcomplicated system means mistakes happen. Like when I try and play a competition in the UK, guess what date it starts in? January! I can't even change the starting date. Meaning the game starts at 11am under floodlights. This is absurd. All we need is an option to choose spring, summer and autumn times, like there is with weather. Sometimes complexity isn't a good thing.

In fairness starting in January might solve England’s batting problem! Forget the summer all we need is some wet snowy ones and we’ll be perfect for the Aussies - in seriousness can’t agree more simplicity is key

Lohit88

Club Cricketer
I saw a tweet from Ross that PS5 patch rolling out with tour design, etc.
I didn't get it yet. I checked. It's not yet out for North America?

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Playing a 4 match test series AUS vs IND on Veteran difficulty. AI run rate changed in sliders from 15 to 10 and then to 0.

India still going at 5.36 rpo after 14 overs 75/0 Agarwal 37(41)* Shaw 38(43)*

Constant fielding changes but nothing is stopping them for playing like they‘re in a ODI.

Anyone able to shine some light on my situation? Im trying to enjoy the game but this is really ruining my experience. AI sliders have been like this since I downloaded the game. Playing on Ps5 version 1.000.012

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Just lost a T10 as my custom made England against Denmark… but fought back to win a thriller in a match that confirmed this game can be bloody enjoyable!

Ignored Gower this time and batted first. Salt out reverse sweeping first ball and were 26-6 and 47-7 but Benny Howell (31*) and debutante Luke Wood (22) got us to 79-8 (Less than Denmark posted in first match).

Kept it tight but Jamie Overton’s first four deliveries each went for four. Captain Moeen and Parkinson (2-9) turned the screws then it got really awesome…

Brought Wood on to bowl the final over (Had somewhere between 15-19 to play with). Soon bowled a wide then got hit for back to back boundaries. Abandoned my full wide tactic, delivered a slower bouncer and thought the Danish batsman had found the boundary again… only for that man Howell to pluck it out of the air. Won by three runs!

I mean, I love my Tests but this was bloody sensational! I know there’s a lot of frustration but there’s fun to be had in this game.

Users who are viewing this thread