Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
There is little one can do with a PS4?

Custom league CRASH!!!!
load a game save for the BBL CRASH!!!
Career save load CRASH!!!!
Academy download a team CRASH!!!

Anyone who doesn't have these problems care to share?
one solution ;) u know what im gonna say..... buy a ps5 ;) lol
Post automatically merged:

Custom league CRASH!!!!

are u playing off external or internal? give us some more details

Short Leg Cricket

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand

Custom league CRASH!!!!

Im on the PS4 and haven’t found any problem so far, sorry to hear, hope they can fix themselves out

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Played a test match between NZ and Bangladesh with @WealyH and @Rumple43 sliders. Don't have the scorecards available but me (NZ) bowled first on a grassy hard pitch. Some nice swing and ball moving off the deck. Bangladesh started off well with the bat with average run rate of 3.5 until first wicket fell off an inside edge onto the stumps. From there on the batsmen struggled and the run rate dropped to 2.6 rpo. Some great hit and miss shots as they tried to push the run rate again.

Wickets consisted of 1 lbw, 1 lofted drive to mid on, 5 edged to keeper and slips, 2 inside edge onto stumps and my very first deadeye runout which were very realistic. I haven't had one single overthrow or weird animations by fielders. Bangladesh could only manage 207 runs in first innings.

My batting started off well with opening partnership of 117 runs. Day 2 first session lost Will Young by risky run attempt, direct hit from mid-off fielder. Lost a bit of focus and played some silly shots which resulted in another 4 wickets in 2 overs. 3 Edges to keeper and 1 pull shot caught at square leg. In came the spinner and took another 3 wickets in 5 balls, all edged to keeper. I tried to focus very hard with Ross Taylor still in and he managed to score 42 runs before losing his leg stump by a lightning fast leg cutter. Last wicket skied the ball with attempted pull shot for 6 but went straight to fine leg. Ended with my first inning score on 189.

I really didn't have any noticeable bugs of any kind so far except for the off side batting bug. Smooth gameplay and so many realistic looking wickets.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Played a test match between NZ and Bangladesh with @WealyH and @Rumple43 sliders. Don't have the scorecards available but me (NZ) bowled first on a grassy hard pitch. Some nice swing and ball moving off the deck. Bangladesh started off well with the bat with average run rate of 3.5 until first wicket fell off an inside edge onto the stumps. From there on the batsmen struggled and the run rate dropped to 2.6 rpo. Some great hit and miss shots as they tried to push the run rate again.

Wickets consisted of 1 lbw, 1 lofted drive to mid on, 5 edged to keeper and slips, 2 inside edge onto stumps and my very first deadeye runout which were very realistic. I haven't had one single overthrow or weird animations by fielders. Bangladesh could only manage 207 runs in first innings.

My batting started off well with opening partnership of 117 runs. Day 2 first session lost Will Young by risky run attempt, direct hit from mid-off fielder. Lost a bit of focus and played some silly shots which resulted in another 4 wickets in 2 overs. 3 Edges to keeper and 1 pull shot caught at square leg. In came the spinner and took another 3 wickets in 5 balls, all edged to keeper. I tried to focus very hard with Ross Taylor still in and he managed to score 42 runs before losing his leg stump by a lightning fast leg cutter. Last wicket skied the ball with attempted pull shot for 6 but went straight to fine leg. Ended with my first inning score on 189.

I really didn't have any noticeable bugs of any kind so far except for the off side batting bug. Smooth gameplay and so many realistic looking wickets.
Great stuff, sounds like a pretty varied game!

Good recap, looking forward to the 2nd innings now :-)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I havent paid much attention to limited overs stuff while I have been testing and with all the tweaks i have been doing the issues I have in tests are minimal...

I tried a T20 bowling to my reskilled India. They actually batted well got 170 and there were a great variety in wickets, plays and misses etc

BUT my god... im normally not negative but jesus christ limited overs stuff really highlights some of the issue sin this game

The fielding even on automatic is ABYSMAL players just watching the ball roll past them, ignoring it, even the animations look worse for some reason.

Why do some kits look like pyjamas, I cant get over how bad the visuals look sometimes.

I dont use the word broken often, but fielding for something that was used as a selling point, is beyond tragic!

Pleasing to hear!

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
I havent paid much attention to limited overs stuff while I have been testing and with all the tweaks i have been doing the issues I have in tests are minimal...

I tried a T20 bowling to my reskilled India. They actually batted well got 170 and there were a great variety in wickets, plays and misses etc

BUT my god... im normally not negative but jesus christ limited overs stuff really highlights some of the issue sin this game

The fielding even on automatic is ABYSMAL players just watching the ball roll past them, ignoring it, even the animations look worse for some reason.

Why do some kits look like pyjamas, I cant get over how bad the visuals look sometimes.

I dont use the word broken often, but fielding for something that was used as a selling point, is beyond tragic!

Pleasing to hear!
I bumped up every players fielding stats to 16,except for throwing accuracy,which I put at 9,and surprisingly it wasn't so much of a s!!t show.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England

are u playing off external or internal? give us some more details
All files are from the hard drive I rarely do anything online from a cloud (is this what you mean?).

Im on the PS4 and haven’t found any problem so far, sorry to hear, hope they can fix themselves out
I'm just not sure why I can only be the 'one' my knowledge isn't great on consoles.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah they need a lot of work in limited overs. The AI can almost chase any score in T20's. My last T20 I purposely batted on easiest difficulty and scored 240 odd runs and the AI chased it down in 18.3 overs. All because of idiotic fielding and shots they can pick up from 8th stump and hit for six at fine leg. Hopefully we see some decent improvement in the next patch. For now it is test cricket only.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Early impressions are not good unfortunately:

1) Feedback is all over the shop. There was a ball about a foot outside off, half volley, I put my foot right at the ball and was the perfect shot. Foot selection = poor.... Who decided that? Virinder Sehwag?
2) Similar note: if you are early for a shot, it plays the animation slow and late... like your bat is swinging at the ball when the ball is almost in the keeper's hands. Why???
3) Pro controls and indeed you cannot find any gaps at cover. Everything goes straight to the fielder
4) As always, fielders hit the stumps from ridiculous angles
5) Lots of AI bowling down leg
6) Shot selection not as smooth as previous games. Feels more like an EA Sports cricket game from back in the day, where you press down input buttons and hope for the best.

andrew56

Club Captain
Has anyone had rain during there game in the lastest patch and has anyone had pitch impact their game like viable bounce.

I'm getting Soo many leading edges, is anyone else

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Haha it was there in 19 when we were suggesting how the AI should react in different situations. It’s definitely one that feels pretty authentic when it kicks in. It sometimes happens a little too early. But it’s effective!
in 19 I had I sometimes had it work backwards, that they'd attack the batsman and defend the tailender... but yeah i've seen it work properly a coulpe of times now in c22 and it's a nice touch.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

Pleasing to hear!
Try playing an ODI
Most of the time the AI will only have 3 players outside the ring
I really like ODIs but this thing really annoys me.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Have never seen such a wicket in cricket 19. This games amazes me every day. Tricked AI with flight, the second ball.

I get that quite often tbh. Doesn't seem to happen with any other fielder apart from point/cover point.

Users who are viewing this thread