Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

C4CRICKET

School Cricketer
My pc career mode crashes after my big bash game , can't get passed it even If I sim it , stuck on me getting man of the match then I have too restart the game

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
So what 70% is missing from the career mod?

I have never been to jail.

I deleted the game and reinstalled it and it seems fine with not too many crashes, there should be none but I have only had one in the last two weeks.

I think the above posts answers the other. The future is PS5?
Maybe I'll try deleting and re-installing it then. Either that or give up with great sadness and a sense of loss.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I think this mini patch pushed through today has addressed the fielding issues from yesterday? I’ve had any funny run outs or walking over the ball.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Has anyone figured out how to get the computer to play more shots to the off side? I lowered the run rate slider, which makes playing a test much more realistic, but as a result the computer basically leaves any ball not directly at the off stump. As a result, I need to bowl much straighter (say at middle stump) which means almost all shots are hit to the leg side. Now I know I can just add more leg side fielders and get wickets that way, but it looks/feels a bit silly to start every innings with such a leg dominated field and results in balls rarely get knicked to the slips.
Yes this is a major issue. DB 14 managed to get this right in the first iteration.

In fact if BA released DB 14 with the awesome tweak edges it would be a better game than C22 In DB 14 AI batters even padded away to spinners - we haven't seen that since. Fielding was convincing and you actually felt you were watching a cricket match

I have tried to be patient with BA and have bought every game on release. However how you can spend eight years and thousands of dollars and then come up with this unfinished and buggy garbage is beyond me...

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Maybe I'll try deleting and re-installing it then. Either that or give up with great sadness and a sense of loss.
Yes, do try but not the save files or the downloaded files delete the game from the menu, you'll keep things you downloaded and save files (if they work).

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Yes, do try but not the save files or the downloaded files delete the game from the menu, you'll keep things you downloaded and save files (if they work).
Any playfaces will be deleted and you'll get eyebrowless models.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Thanks Legt, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Post automatically merged:

Any playfaces will be deleted and you'll get eyebrowless models.
That doesn't sound good, but would be worth it if the game actually plays without crashing. There is still cricket fun to be had . . . . . . .

ashar rizwan

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do MLB the show video games have same amount of sales as cricket games,any idea ??

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone figured out how to get the computer to play more shots to the off side? I lowered the run rate slider, which makes playing a test much more realistic, but as a result the computer basically leaves any ball not directly at the off stump. As a result, I need to bowl much straighter (say at middle stump) which means almost all shots are hit to the leg side. Now I know I can just add more leg side fielders and get wickets that way, but it looks/feels a bit silly to start every innings with such a leg dominated field and results in balls rarely get knicked to the slips.
Bowl an entire over outside off stump. I guarantee you that the AI will score runs through the offside. Probably on either the 5th or 6th ball.

rkishore1986

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The academy appears slower presumably because the files are bigger and so take longer to download and install.Maybe a percentage bar would be helpful.
Excellent suggestion. Would be really nice if they can add it

OutSwinger

Club Captain
In a BBL match, is there an option to manually select when to start the second powerplay? Can someone help me with where I can find it?

cricboi

Club Captain
Bowl an entire over outside off stump. I guarantee you that the AI will score runs through the offside. Probably on either the 5th or 6th ball.
So I tried this a few times just now and it's funny. The first 4 times the batter kept on stepping very wide out to hit these insane pull shots. I'm talking 2-3 feet outside and they still were able to smash it leg. Then the next few times they finally hit it through the offiside. In each case it was always for a boundary. I guess this is the scripting everyone is (rightfully) frustrated with,

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

Users who are viewing this thread