Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
My point is you don't need rain to have the spectacle of a close match. And is Steve Smith lobbing down pies to James Anderson incredible sport or a bit Sunday league? And, I completely agree with Matt's point; that for every match that might have a close finish because of rain there's a dozen it ruins or has no significant impact upon.

Do you want bad light as well? I guess BA could forcibly changes the graphical settings so you literally can't see.

If you have an on/off option it still needs to be implemented properly because the people who have it 'on' are going to complain if it isn't regardless of where it sits on the priority list.
I just played a T20 world championship match in C19 with rain interruption midway in the match. After I had bowled and restricted SA for a Subpar target in 19 overs which looked like a walk in the park, the reduced overs DL target chase in 12 overs still made it more interesting.

Not really complaining unless entire games are washed out, which is pointless.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I just played a T20 world championship match in C19 with rain interruption midway in the match. After I had got SA for a Subpar target in 20 overs but the reduced overs DL target chase in 12 overs still made it more interesting.

Not really complaining unless entire games are washed out, which is pointles.
Yes but rain delays are rare in Cricket 22. The reason I posted asking for proper rain delays and bad light is not only related to cosmetic change in the game. Rain delay on test match will effect the outfield and pitch thus effecting gameplay for both AI and Human alike. Coupled with dynamic weather and wind will effect Seam and Swing as well.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Are you using custom sliders? Also did you tinker around with the player abilities that?

If I can start getting edges off my defensive prods, it would make me love the game even more! I swear I spent a good chunk of time getting atleast 2 reds in timing and foot placement while playing defensive shots and yet didn’t get any edges
I am also getting them. I have my edges-ok input at 41 for tests. I have had two defence shots in my last match edged, one to the keeper and other to the slips. But these are prior to the last patch though

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I am also getting them. I have my edges-ok input at 41 for tests. I have had two defence shots in my last match edged, one to the keeper and other to the slips. But these are prior to the last patch though
This is the trick ^^^^^^^

If you have reds for input but the edge sliders are too low, they won't trigger I would imagine.

If you turn the ok and poor edge sliders up, you should find that more red and yellow inputs lead to edges.

I had one a few days ago, settled batter, passed 50, ok input on the defensive prod, caught at 1st slip off the edge. Guess I should have timed it better!

Hester

County Cricketer
Are you using custom sliders? Also did you tinker around with the player abilities that?

If I can start getting edges off my defensive prods, it would make me love the game even more! I swear I spent a good chunk of time getting atleast 2 reds in timing and foot placement while playing defensive shots and yet didn’t get any edges
I've changed some sliders but nothing related to edges. Not touched the player abilities either but I'm using downloaded teams, so the skills might have been tweaked.

EAZO

School Cricketer
Is anyone else having issues bowling with Broad and Anderson? It's like it doesn't recognise when you press X so you can only bowl weak or good deliveries and can't stop in the green ideal zone. Only happens with these 2 bowlers (PS5 by the way)

caprikaps

Club Captain
With the latest patch I’ve observed that the AI ground shots have lost power and doesn’t travel much, hence they are left with one slog every over to compensate. This is for the ODI’s

For tests it’s even bad - They don’t slog on lower run rates and given the ground shots aren’t travelling much, they are stuck with a score of 70/5 in 41 overs.

anyone else?

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
With the latest patch I’ve observed that the AI ground shots have lost power and doesn’t travel much, hence they are left with one slog every over to compensate. This is for the ODI’s

For tests it’s even bad - They don’t slog on lower run rates and given the ground shots aren’t travelling much, they are stuck with a score of 70/5 in 41 overs.

anyone else?
Maybe try upping shot force slider?

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Might be worth a try but the shot force hasn’t change from before; it is still at 35 and AI ground shots were fine with this in the past.
I think bigant have been messing around with the sliders though,because I had run rate slider at 17 and it was fine,now they only score at about 1.7 an over,so i've had to up it.Matt said they were trying to slow down run rate,so I suppose they would turn down shot force.

caprikaps

Club Captain
I think bigant have been messing around with the sliders though,because I had run rate slider at 17 and it was fine,now they only score at about 1.7 an over,so i've had to up it.Matt said they were trying to slow down run rate,so I suppose they would turn down shot force.
Right it’s actually messed up, I’m surprised to see that no one has pointed this out but AI shot force has changed. Since the ball don’t go anywhere, their last resort is to smash the ball every over.

Not sure if increasing the run rate would improve the ground shots. It’s currently looking messed up and taking the immersion away.

@MattW - is the BA team aware of this and fine tuning it further?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
@MattW Any plans on making defensive shots a bit more risky too than it is at the moment? I played full overs of defensive shots, purposely timing it very very late and at times very very early, but still never got out playing the defensive shot.
I understand that the defence should be less risky than other shots (which is already dealt with by giving it a bigger timing window) but ill-timed defensive shots should still, imo, result in edges like we have in real cricket. Specially when a new batsman comes in. At the moment I can close my eyes and play a defensive shot and it still connects without any risk irrespective of how I timed it or how many non-greens I got in timing, shot selection and footwork.

It's certainly a valid point.

I've played so many FC/tests or list A/ODI that I can also perfectly time a forward defence with my eyes closed & I've never once been caught out in C19 or C22 playing a forward defense. (I've seen people do it (rarely) on Youtube etc., but never myself.)

Additionally, all one needs to do is simply hit Y & Y alone (Xbox) to perform a perfect forward defence that never seems to carry any risk. Footwork or direction doesn't seem to be as essential with a forward defence as a precision, attacking or an aggressive shot, which is also (I believe) what makes it so incredibly low risk & rarely leads to trouble.

At least a back foot defence does bring with it some elavated risk if poorly timed as an edge is far more likely & I have certainly got myself out before playing a poorly timed back foot defence, although, ultimately they're unnecessary most if the time. (If the ball is high enough to warrant a back foot defence anyway, it's invariably going to go over the stumps so I always leave them on length regardless of the line to remove the risk of edging a back foot defence.) If the line is well outside the stumps obviously most will just leave too rather than risk prodding defensively when it just isn't required. If the ball is going on to hit the stumps, a forward defence will safely work 99.99% of the time, & again all that's required is just to tap Y alone which I do 90% of the time, especially if I'm premeditating a forward defence. The ONLY time I use footwork for a forward defense is if I'm reacting to initially play an actual shot & change my mind, I'm already holding the analogue sticks as required so just change to a forward defence. I occasionally don't time them quite as well with such a sudden change of mind, but again it's never got me out once.

It may not be a popular option but I'd like to see defensive shots becoming a much higher risk if people don't use any footwork or defend to deflect in the correct direction, & especially if poorly timed rather than them being a safe cop out. Vs what I've been doing all this time in every BA cricket iteration by just mashing Y & always getting away with it with a perfect forward defence that trickles the ball straight back to the bowler in a text book fashion :).

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
Yes - just no longer mentioned on the hud. With the exception of if you're using the arcade controls with the pitch marker.
I've played about with R1 and L1 on Cricket19 controls, and used the big arrows to view the length different and i cant see any obvious difference.

L1 meant to be longer and R1 shorter?

--
Also apologies if i've missed a post, but just wondering if Run Rate is dynamic in the game or if the AI are prescribed to go at X per over. It seems that its nearly impossible to pin the AI down to a few maidens in a row. In T20 especially the only way to reduce run rate is by sliders rather than good bowling.

I appreciate this is probably a more complex and holisitc issue but would be good to get thoughts/comments on it.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Yes but rain delays are rare in Cricket 22. The reason I posted asking for proper rain delays and bad light is not only related to cosmetic change in the game. Rain delay on test match will effect the outfield and pitch thus effecting gameplay for both AI and Human alike. Coupled with dynamic weather and wind will effect Seam and Swing as well.
Exactly, this is after all a 'simulation' of the sport?
Post automatically merged:

But which format of the game?

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Do you want bad light as well? I guess BA could forcibly changes the graphical settings so you literally can't see.
Deteriorating light would be a great option - perhaps with the circle around the ball appearing later to make batting judgement more difficult. There could also be an option where the bowling team is forced to switch to spinners to stay on in the closing moments of a game (again see the closing drama of the fourth Test).

Personally I thought seeing the best batsman in the world having to bowl at a batsman who was the best bowler was great. It's the sort of thing that makes cricket unique.

Users who are viewing this thread