Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Haven't touched the game in a long while now, what's the crack how is the game now?
Well, judging by the amount of people whose biggest gripe is that the game isn’t being interrupted by rain, the rest of it must be in pretty good shape.
Personally I’m waiting with bated breath for bad light and out of shape balls.

In all seriousness if the odd* glitch and Bug annoys you, at the moment, you’re probably going to have a bad time. If you’re a glass half full type, there’s plenty of good times to be had, yes a bit of slider science, but I’m having fun in certain modes. Even career I’ve not had huge problems.
Its clearly making progress, it’ll come good.

*console and generation seem to really matter in terms of who is getting the worst of it

Last edited:

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
I'm really disliking this horrible back foot slog drive from the AI,seems to have crept in with the last patch.
Not noticed it during a test match,but just played a t20 and there was loads of them.Reminds me of that horrible get out of jail shot they played off spinners in 19.
How are you finding T20? And what are you difficulty settings. I'm really struggling and the AI continue to go at 10+ an over

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
With a mix of sliders and reskilled players I am finding it very good except still moments of the fielding. Like today had the AI go aerial where I had a man on the boundary - he ran in and then suddenly stopped so the ball dropped a metre in front of him. Frustrating. But otherwise I’m deep into my 3rd test match in a row with different teams and conditions and they’ve all been pretty good.

You're doing it again :lol

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I'm really disliking this horrible back foot slog drive from the AI,seems to have crept in with the last patch.
Not noticed it during a test match,but just played a t20 and there was loads of them.Reminds me of that horrible get out of jail shot they played off spinners in 19.

That shot has been in at least 6 patches, if not 7 or even possibly 8. They do play it in FC/tests too, albeit just not as frequently.

Same shot as before essentially, a back foot slog, just now sent to a different quadrant of the field instead. Previously it was the god awful lofted back foot cut which could magically be cut all over the entire offside but mainly ended up square/behind square, & while that shot is still played it has at least been reduced just for another repetitively dominant shot to take its place. The AI has an entire repertoire of shots it can use on both sides of the wicket to very good effect & it continually gets stuck (or scripted) using the same 2 goto shots over & over. It's been more of a problem since the Hundred DLC too as the AI would often at least play a reasonable selection of shots in C19 before the DLC was issued.

Now, it's either the back foot slog drive roughly over the covers on the offside or there's an even more frustrating shot where the AI can step so far outside their off stump they actually end up on the opposite side of the wide markers, & they can then pull/hook any ball bowled roughly within 6 stumps outside the actual off stump to bully everything leg side. It's simply impossible to set a field to as you do everything right to set up an offside play for that to start happening.

That ridiculous pull/hook has always been in C19 & C22 but allowing the AI to step so insanely far outside their off stump in C22 to pull/hook balls that wide on the offside is just an exercise in absolute futility to bowl too.

I can certainly recall when the C19 leg side shots were significantly nerfed specifically due to leg side bullies being such a serious problem that BA had no other option than to respond. An adjustment was also made that vastly reduced how far any batsman could actually move/step to both the off or leg side pre-delivery too. What I can't for the life of me understand that as BA have seen this exact issue before in previous iterations & specifically had to nerf it all out because of the endless problems it caused, is why they've put it straight back into another new iteration for the same old problems to simply begin all over again? Right back to square one & the lesson seems to need learning & x amount of time to sink in all over again.

Matty Smith

School Cricketer
How are you finding T20? And what are you difficulty settings. I'm really struggling and the AI continue to go at 10+ an over
im currently using rimples spreadsheet sliders (Home&Away difficulty) and for shorter formats (T20 + ODI'S) i use @Gamer Pradosh sliders. Sidenote these were set on the games last patch so might need to be patient and wait for updated values.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thanks @MattW for giving true updates or technical reason if there is any delay while implementing or improvements in any feature.

After reading all your comments or updates, no doubt this game has potential to be one of best game from many aspects and it feels first time that we had not wasted money.

Thanks to you once again for keep updating us and wishing you / BAS best of luck for remaining patches or updates.

sashu_91

County Cricketer
Thanks @MattW for giving true updates or technical reason if there is any delay while implementing or improvements in any feature.

After reading all your comments or updates, no doubt this game has potential to be one of best game from many aspects and it feels first time that we had not wasted money.

Thanks to you once again for keep updating us and wishing you / BAS best of luck for remaining patches or updates.
What did he say that made you thankful to BA, I would rather have this game not released tbh

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What did he say that made you thankful to BA, I would rather have this game not released tbh
Plz go through his comments mentioned in last 7-10 pages, he has explained lots of things

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Thanks.

Are you finding that the AI score variable totals?
Dont bother looking for a good match.. I have stopped bowling in matches since the lofted tweak messed up AI batting. Since then its just been simulate first innings and chase the target for me.. There will be tweaks with the AI in the future patches until then if you are a really patient guy who doesnt mind batting that doesnt make any sense then you can try bowling and expect them hitting the shot at will wherever they want to..
Though the messed up thing is many times just watching the scorecard you might be like "Oh wow thats realistic scorecard from AI" and guess what the way they do it would be shite..

Dont forget the random lofted shot they have to play in tests once they reach 20s..

Since we are seeing tweaks made to batting side of things, there should be some tweaks to AI too hopefully..

Mondy

Club Captain
I don’t care about rain. I just wish I could play a square drive. Or cut the spinners. Or nudge the ball around the corner. Issues that have existed since Cricket 19. (I am using the Joe Root batting style which may be one of the bugged ones).

I also find it amazing that with concussion a big deal in the real game, the batter shows zero affects from being hit. Just like in 19. At the minimum, being hit should affect the batter's abilities.

caprikaps

Club Captain
Dont bother looking for a good match.. I have stopped bowling in matches since the lofted tweak messed up AI batting. Since then its just been simulate first innings and chase the target for me.. There will be tweaks with the AI in the future patches until then if you are a really patient guy who doesnt mind batting that doesnt make any sense then you can try bowling and expect them hitting the shot at will wherever they want to..
Though the messed up thing is many times just watching the scorecard you might be like "Oh wow thats realistic scorecard from AI" and guess what the way they do it would be shite..

Dont forget the random lofted shot they have to play in tests once they reach 20s..

Since we are seeing tweaks made to batting side of things, there should be some tweaks to AI too hopefully..
That’s the point, AI has got bad to worse with the last few patches. Number 11 hitting sixes on Yorkers is like a walk in the park for them and that’s one every over before they go back to hibernation for next 5 balls. They don’t believe in rotating the strike and who cares if you could hit sixes anywhere anytime any ball blah..

Also,the AI dismissals are so scripted that if they are dropped once, they keep edging back until they are dismissed. I kept dropping him on purpose before he eventually got bowled (on purpose of course). I guess the scripting was way better in C19 and was never this obvious.

Im sorry but I can go on and on.

Attaching a recent AI wagon wheel for an ODI where they backed themselves in hitting only fours and sixes but one per over to make it look realistic score at the end.

Attachments

• 89C9EB07-6F0D-4E1E-BD8E-33CCB06A7FF9.jpeg
    89C9EB07-6F0D-4E1E-BD8E-33CCB06A7FF9.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 16

Users who are viewing this thread