Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Did we have Indian T20 draft in the career mode before the patch?

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Those On steam or other platforms what have you noticed so far on the new patch i know we have the patch notes they say improved fielding in ne instance well is that fixed because they said that before and they still slide over the rope or run the opposite way to the ball,

Chevo

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
completely off topic and a bit of a rant... but how good does the WACA in Microsoft Flight Simulator look :lol
Nice attention to detail with the Prindiville Stand and Inverarity Stand name plates which are very accurate (which cricket 22 doesn't have).
Also the light towers are way more realistic [even has the electrical distribution boards modelled inside the head frames] compared to those popsicle sticks for light towers in game - and this is from a flight simulator!
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.02.02 - 22.18.56.57.png
Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2022.02.02 - 21.56.37.24.png

and cricket 22's licenced WACA for reference

Cricket 22 Screenshot 2022.02.02 - 22.29.18.03.png

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tried bowling at AI with new patch for about 20 overs (Test), some observations
  • Batsman actually places his foot to move in the crease instead of a slide is a Massive welcome addition which makes batting look fluid, as well as making way for LBWs, edges and bat pads when misjudging the ball​
  • New Leave animation looks damn cool​
  • AI batting seems to have improved, now trying to play balls on off/fourth stump through off side instead of deflecting everything to square​
  • Sometimes AI batsmen even play balls on middle & leg stump with an inside out shot with proper footwork its actually crazy​

And now the need work stuff,
  • Sometimes edge sound is played even though it hits and travels well off the bat
  • I had an over where there were outside edges from AI 4 out of 5 balls and all of them went to hands of either WK or slips, but the circle was so quick I couldn't even respond(default hard). I could only catch the fourth one, it felt like as if that batter was destined to get out but the twist was I couldn't catch those opportunities it literally felt as if I was playing as England with India.

So far they've lost 4 wickets with about 50 on the board, I've now increased striker timing from 40 to 50 yet to play with it.

The entire experience was loads better and seems to be heading in a good direction, the AI innings progression looks good too they were taking things slow giving me maidens when no choice, constantly trying to score but also happy to take singles to keep things moving rather than a scripted edge or lofted shot out of nowhere.

Last edited:

angad

Chairman of Consent
Have not played it myself, but the ai batting looks so much smoother in some of the vids I’ve seen on YouTube with the latest patch. Looks good from that perspective

Users who are viewing this thread