Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
The annoying part is when Matt has clarified some "general stability" fixes, they're really good additions or fixes (sometimes a fix to a substantial problem) that are worth mentioning.

Double edged sword, if each patch note was a massive list it would draw attention to just how much was broken/missing.

Instead Ross highlights the key fixes to the big problems and rounds up everything else under good old general stability. Short and snappy.

caprikaps

Club Captain
Double edged sword, if each patch note was a massive list it would draw attention to just how much was broken/missing.

Instead Ross highlights the key fixes to the big problems and rounds up everything else under good old general stability. Short and snappy.
Key fix to big problems, is it? - the last patch called out that AI fielding was fixed. Still wondering what was fixed there besides the keeper who has completely stopped responding & is the least interested player on the field.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I have general opinions about this remark.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Key fix to big problems, is it? - the last patch called out that AI fielding was fixed. Still wondering what was fixed there besides the keeper who has completely stopped responding & is the least interested player on the field.
I agree with you on the wicket keeper issue, but apart from that the AI fielding does look like it has improved... If we compare the AI fielding now to how it was 2-3 patches ago, I'm sure it seems better... Let's see what we get in today's patch...

Just hope they bring some more gameplay fixes and don't break anything that's already fixed...

For me, running between the wickets and fielding (apart from the keeper) looks alright now...

Hester

County Cricketer
I agree with you on the wicket keeper issue, but apart from that the AI fielding does look like it has improved... If we compare the AI fielding now to how it was 2-3 patches ago, I'm sure it seems better... Let's see what we get in today's patch...

Just hope they bring some more gameplay fixes and don't break anything that's already fixed...

For me, running between the wickets and fielding (apart from the keeper) looks alright now...
Surprised you think AI fielding is ok right now. I have fielders frozen in place, refusing to stop the ball. Others who run to the ball then just let it run by them. Some still pick up the ball near the boundary and step over the rope before throwing it.

Mr Snrub

International Coach

The fielding is alright now? Except for fielders getting caught on the rope running around the boundary, bowler and keeper taking an age to hit the bails, fielders sliding over the rope giving away fours. Fielders jogging after the ball at times and never sprinting. Catches not relating to players skill or centre-ness and ALL sticking inside the circle. The AI being able to air-tapback 6's, but we can't.

That's all stuff aside from the keeper and just off the top of my head. Fielding is not alright, it's just way better than the starting point which was absurd.

caprikaps

Club Captain
Surprised you think AI fielding is ok right now. I have fielders frozen in place, refusing to stop the ball. Others who run to the ball then just let it run by them. Some still pick up the ball near the boundary and step over the rope before throwing it.
This and instead of catching the ball, they watch them go over mostly (both AI & my fielders). Just imagine how does it feels when I bowl to AI for 60 odd overs with no wickets & when there is a chance to catch the ball my fielders literally freeze.

Abcd9994

Club Captain
The fielding is alright now? Except for fielders getting caught on the rope running around the boundary, bowler and keeper taking an age to hit the bails, fielders sliding over the rope giving away fours. Fielders jogging after the ball at times and never sprinting. Catches not relating to players skill or centre-ness and ALL sticking inside the circle. The AI being able to air-tapback 6's, but we can't.

That's all stuff aside from the keeper and just off the top of my head. Fielding is not alright, it's just way better than the starting point which was absurd.
Yeah not "alright" maybe, my bad sorry, but it seems better than how it was 2 patches ago, that's what I noticed. Honestly I'm playing very little since the last month or so, just waiting for it to improve to a certain level.

s0074845

Club Captain
I assume 90% of the outstanding issues needs to be fixed by end of this month before they release cartridges for Nintendo (end of march) is in it considering you cannot patch them later ?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Today's update out yet?
Don’t think so. Might be working on the academy issue Ross tweeted this morning. Hopefully it doesn’t bring new bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread