Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

abbas486

School Cricketer
Taken the plunge and got the ps5 version.
I've setup the game and downloaded the latest update.
I ignored the option to download community created teams when I first launched the game. Is there a way to get to this option again?
I'm finding downloading teams individually to be a very slow time consuming process.
Thanks.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I play mainly career mode and that as a leg spinner allrounder...and the wicket keeper, in that context, is useless unless you make them stand back rather than up to the stumps. If they are at the stumps they stop nothing and the ball will travel through them so they don't even block well. If you make them stand back, they can actually catch the ball. Since stumping has been removed from the game, in this iteration, there is no point in the wicket keeper being close to the stumps anyway for spin bowling. Still it feels like a step backwards from previous iterations. I think about 82% of dismissals are now bat-pad to short square leg or caught off a bounce into the boot.
I have had some good matches in career mode...and am grateful that BA are looking to enhance this...but overall it is a mess. The enhancements in this version are not properly implemented which degrades the whole experience. Some of it is just crazy stuff that shouldn't have made it to a release build (press conferences, training, fatigue management, coaches following you from club to club and saying random stuff, umpires being the same at every level and in every region, sponsorship, player of the match cheques, etc.). They could be part of a career mode...but there is no coherent design or proper implementation. It feels like the output from an 8 hour hackathon rather than anything better...or there is absolutely no QA in the testing process. The fact that career mode also inherits the errors in the main game (the overthrow issues, fielding, edge-o (or whatever it is that they call snicko), playing with sliders etc.), adds to the frustration. I do feel that we are close to a decent game...but it seems like basic issues remain unadressed from earlier iterations, which undermines all of BA's good intent.
Well put, the career mode is the one I play until they introduce the option to play as a single player in any other game mode.
I've generally had good matches in C22 and have punched the air in celebration a fair few times and would recomend the game to buy (pending fixing obvious faults, academy etc) but the little bugs and missing content must grate on the most patience of folk (overthrows, wicket keeper, stumpings, fielding issues, etc) I've noted down everything I believe is either missing or not working and will be positive and believe BA will address in one way or the other over the next few weeks or (months). Eitherway we all love cricket and play the game we believe it should work and not all of us will agree.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Taken the plunge and got the ps5 version.
I've setup the game and downloaded the latest update.
I ignored the option to download community created teams when I first launched the game. Is there a way to get to this option again?
I'm finding downloading teams individually to be a very slow time consuming process.
Thanks.
I think you’re stuck either way, academy is very slow.
I’ve had a single bat take 3-4 mins to download on occasion. Will take a matter of seconds usually.
If you’re planning on replacing most domestic teams you could be looking at hours no matter what you do unfortunately.

Hester

County Cricketer
Yes it would be great if Ross and the team would sit down and objectively evaluate where they went wrong. He is very defensive in public, but he's obviously also very smart and must know customers are walking away.

I'm glad you enjoyed DB 17 - I'd seriously recommend it to anyone here who values challenging, real life gameplay in cricket sims and is frustrated with C22.
I didn't play dbc 17 but played Ashes cricket which I think was 2017. Just been watching some dbc 17 on YouTube and I'm pretty disappointed that it actually looks better graphically than c22. If you're also saying it feels more like cricket and doesn't have any glaring glitches or bugs, then I'm going to buy it. It has better user created content too, although obviously the teams and uniforms wouldn't be up to date.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
I didn't play dbc 17 but played Ashes cricket which I think was 2017. Just been watching some dbc 17 on YouTube and I'm pretty disappointed that it actually looks better graphically than c22. If you're also saying it feels more like cricket and doesn't have any glaring glitches or bugs, then I'm going to buy it. It has better user created content too, although obviously the teams and uniforms wouldn't be up to date.
Yes, they seemed to change quite a lot after DB17 and not for the better. The whole thing felt more arcadey and scripted. No-one seems to be doing new teams but there are some recent cricket world cup teams on the Academy. And guess what? The Academy actually works!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW Some of these licenced faces need a complete redo imo:
Thanks for these - with each patch I think there's a handful of likenesses getting updated as more of them are worked through and polished. Though obviously the main roadblock there is that access to players for full photogrammetry is very difficult right now.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for these - with each patch I think there's a handful of likenesses getting updated as more of them are worked through and polished. Though obviously the main roadblock there is that access to players for full photogrammetry is very difficult right now.
I figured as much, all good, just wasn't sure if it was on the radar. Any chance of generic faces in licenced teams (more so Aus state teams and 100 teams) getting an ability to be linked/unlinked? Or was that part of a updated licencing deal that all players can't be edited? If you're allowed to say of course.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DBC17 was an emotion for me at that time. It's beautiful game with batting animations , catching mini game and etc. I am still playing it on my PS5 daily. Pitches, grounds, Academy everything is just perfect.
I didn't play dbc 17 but played Ashes cricket which I think was 2017. Just been watching some dbc 17 on YouTube and I'm pretty disappointed that it actually looks better graphically than c22. If you're also saying it feels more like cricket and doesn't have any glaring glitches or bugs, then I'm going to buy it. It has better user created content too, although obviously the teams and uniforms wouldn't be up to date

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I played 10-12 matches (t20 & odi) with below AI settings

Settings:
Pro with BQ100, WC50, SR50, NetRR 25/30/35 (depending on match type), Batting Hardest with factor 15, Bowling Hard (default)
Physics setting are as per Rumple43 with Spin bounce 60, pitch/ball bounce 35, Spin Flight/drift 60

Observation:
- AI unrealistic slog shot is no more
- AI scored with 8 or 8.5 rpo in t20, in one game vs Trent bridge they scored 190+ bcoz of lethal opening stand (few AI scores in t20 were 157/5, 175/6, 171/4, 169/6, 197/5.
In 35 over odi 212/4, 224/3, 177/4, 235/3)
- AI got out with variation like lbw, C&b, ct by keeper, bowled.
- Couple of deep catches were un-realistic like fielder caught the ball & already out of boundary and out was given (Need Improvement)
- Deep fielder could stop ball at boundary and he dived and 4 was given (Need Improvement)
- Over-powered slog shots are no more
- Keeper missed few catches and stand still (Need Improvement)
- While quitting/exit game, it still crashing along with couple of time sign-in error (Need improvement)
- Better to keep commentary off
- Boundary fire celebration keep happening from no where (Need Improvement)

s0074845

Club Captain
@MattW as someone mentioned the closeness of keeper and first slip seems is very odd. Sometimes a catch goes to first slip with keeper just looking and then other time keeper dives in front of first slip and takes the catch. Is it something that can be looked in to down the track please

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mohammad Hafeez needs some love
20220201085416_1.pngreal hafeez.png

Users who are viewing this thread