Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Has anyone had a player get injured? I have a bowler who had bowled 13.1 overs then a black square came up against his name where you look at the scorecard then the bowling stats and he’s out and he can’t bowl anymore and the twelfth man is on. Doesn’t say what’s wrong with him though.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Matt : Fielding animations after the latest patch needs a bit of tweaking. AI fielders catch the ball with the back facing the ball as if they have eyes on the back of the their head.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
My keeper put 2 down in a session, and one went down at slip off a spinner for me tonight.

For all 3, the catch mini game was up for less than half a second, if that, and at a funny angle through a player's body as well

I try to have fairly hard fielding settings so the mini game isn't so easy it's automatic, but this still feels too fast to me. Like, I barely have time to see it flash up, let alone line things up.

ER=13136]@MattW[/USER]!
Yep after that miserable over of misses I reduced down to medium from hard, even that made so little difference.

The problem for me is not dropping, infact I'd love it when I'm challenged to react quickly for a slip catch and I drop it since I wasn't ready.

But right now we all need superhuman reaction speeds to react for that half a second transition.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Is backfoot lofted cover punch is overpowered or is it just me? My own custom sliders here on steam.... But all other shots power balance is almost okay...

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Has anyone had a player get injured? I have a bowler who had bowled 13.1 overs then a black square came up against his name where you look at the scorecard then the bowling stats and he’s out and he can’t bowl anymore and the twelfth man is on. Doesn’t say what’s wrong with him though.

Maybe they've finally got part of the injury/ fatigue/rehab system working(??).

Would be interesting to see if you get to see a doctor now you're injured that might indicate if there has been more progress with the various features that have remained dormant to date due to incompletion :).

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Maybe they've finally got part of the injury/ fatigue/rehab system working(??).

Would be interesting to see if you get to see a doctor now you're injured that might indicate if there has been more progress with the various features that have remained dormant to date due to incompletion :).
I’m only playing a Tour but interested to see if he comes back in the Test or out for the remainder of the Tour.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
One thing I forgot to mention, I love the ability to use default eyebrows on playfaces as custom eyebrows are mind-numbingly tricky this time around.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Had a fair play of C22 last night. Few quick takeaways:
- Really liked the lighting updates, a few shadow issues in the morning (really dark and a bit too much of a green tint on players), but apart from that really good.
- Lighting in the academy, not a fan. Just keep it clear and simple. (Side note, can BA reduce the movement of models, gets annoying when the player looks all over the place every five seconds when trying to model.)
- Batting animations seem smoothed out (career mode, I use batting style 5, seems smoother.)
- Batting in career mode seems a lot easier these days. I set it to hardest and with custom AI but still seems too easy to score.
- Bowling is still a chore against over aggressive AI in FC/Test Matches. Even with custom AI sliders, run rate at 18 (when simming they're fine, but always attack my bowling - career mode.)
- Fielding - haven't seen any of this reported diving about yet, so can't make a opinion on it.
- Generic players in licenced teams still don't have the ability to be linked/un-linked. And yes @MattW, I'll keep harping on about this until its brought back or until someone can actually give an answer.
- Academy seems more stable, still some nagging issues (I can't be bothered doing tickets anymore).
- MCG still has blue seats.
- I still like The Smashing Pumpkins.
Some fielding issues remain, like the ones mentioned where catches are taken with the back to the ball, or fielders don't reach properly to the ball as it rolls past them.

As for the dive to stop the ball thing that's been added, I had one last night that looked cool and authentic, my fielder just couldn't reach the ball but went all out to get it with the dive.

I had another where Stuart Broad was at mid off, the ball was rolling towards him, easy stop to a weak drive by the AI.

As he's stood still waiting for the ball to get to him, he actively dived out of the way of the ball and the AI took a single lol

I really like it as a feature, and glad it's been added, but it's still a work in progress. Made me chuckle, at least :)

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
@MattW any update to career mode AI players development and regression system and any chance of including world view tab in which we can see what's going around the world , which team playing which team , what are the stats of top batsmen and bowlers , who won the last World cup who was the top wicket taker in BBL this year. All these things get simulated but there is no way to view them

angad

Chairman of Consent
Some fielding issues remain, like the ones mentioned where catches are taken with the back to the ball, or fielders don't reach properly to the ball as it rolls past them.

As for the dive to stop the ball thing that's been added, I had one last night that looked cool and authentic, my fielder just couldn't reach the ball but went all out to get it with the dive.

I had another where Stuart Broad was at mid off, the ball was rolling towards him, easy stop to a weak drive by the AI.

As he's stood still waiting for the ball to get to him, he actively dived out of the way of the ball and the AI took a single lol

I really like it as a feature, and glad it's been added, but it's still a work in progress. Made me chuckle, at least :)
Totally agree on the missed dives! When it comes off (which it does for me most of the time) it looks really cool! It’s a great addition for sure. Kudos to the guy in BigAnt studios who came up with the idea. Glad to see that the team at BigAntstudios is not just bogged down by the issues that need to be resolved and are at the same time working to bring in new fresh aspects to the game.

This new patch is actually my favourite as it brought in a lot of visible changes that make the game better

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Are there any tips videos on the after touch bowling or how to use after touch as I think the barn door can't take anymore punishment.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@MattW ...That last ball boundary while bowling is breking all the realism of the game..no matter what i bowl..they play for boundary..A reason alone enough to keep me away from bowling,,..pls look in to it ...

Hester

County Cricketer
I've really enjoyed the game as of late and had some truly fantastic tests. Hate to keep on asking the same question but has anyone had success in making batting for lefties harder? No matter what I do (increase bowl quality, create leg side fields, re-skill, etc.) it is still far too easy to milk leg side runs. It's literally the only thing holding back the longer form batting for me so hoping someone has a solution. (Actually, I do have a temporary solution, which is not playing lefties; however, there are some very cool lefthanders I'd love to play with one day)

Other than that, my next challenge is re-downloading teams so I can play T20 tournaments without undoing so much re-skilling. Has anyone tried this?
Interested in your experience playing tests. I've had the AI bat first in 5 or 6 tests - in every game they went to around 60/5 before batting for 120 overs and making around 300. Every single time. Would be interested in how the AI in your games has been batting!

Users who are viewing this thread