Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
To all those who've mentioned the AI fielders diving sometimes being off....watch this video at the 4 min mark. It's obvious BA played this game and added it in. I for one want the missed dives to stay! :D

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
@MattW ...That last ball boundary while bowling is breking all the realism of the game..no matter what i bowl..they play for boundary..A reason alone enough to keep me away from bowling,,..pls look in to it ...

I've started going bouncer or slower ball bouncer last ball with two back in short form games

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
To all those who've mentioned the AI fielders diving sometimes being off....watch this video at the 4 min mark. It's obvious BA played this game and added it in. I for one want the missed dives to stay! :D

It's quite embarrassing for BA that aside from graphical improvement there's no huge advancement there. This game is littered with errors and bugs that weren't even in the old Brian Lara games over 20 years ago.

I genuinely feel sorry for @MattW as he is the face of BA and has to come on here and face the music when deep down he is probably quite embarrassed by this product and its subsequent so-called 'fixes' and as a cricket fan is surely as frustrated as the rest of us.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've started going bouncer or slower ball bouncer last ball with two back in short form games
In a test for 5 consecutive overs I bowled 5 dot balls and experimented in each over of delivering something completely unplayable for the last ball e.g. bouncer that's too high, something too wide or both, or even the delivery that for the previous 5 balls was deemed too difficult to score off.

Every. Single. Time. The batsmen found a way. Even hooking something that if they left probably would've given them 4 byes over the keepers head.

One ball I even put every single fielder on the offside and bowled very wide. They just went over the top.

It really is game breaking. I understand that the whole AI thing is probably the most difficult to program in for BA but it's far too scripted. Same as wickets, the game decides if a wicket will be taken rather than your bowling quality.

Again I understand its difficult to put in as we would simply bowl good length/back of a length on off stump swinging away 9/10 times knowing that in real life that's a surefire way of taking wickets nicking off but there needs to be some balance there as it just feels too random at the moment. The AI know what will and won't hit the stumps and leave accordingly which defeats the whole object of bowling classic line and length.

If we were to break down the game at its basic level in quarters you have, bowling right handed, bowling left handed, batting right handed and batting left handed.

I would argue that only batting right handed is working to an acceptable level at the moment. So therefore in my eyes 75% of the actual game of cricket being played out is broken.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's quite embarrassing for BA that aside from graphical improvement there's no huge advancement there. This game is littered with errors and bugs that weren't even in the old Brian Lara games over 20 years ago.

I genuinely feel sorry for @MattW as he is the face of BA and has to come on here and face the music when deep down he is probably quite embarrassed by this product and its subsequent so-called 'fixes' and as a cricket fan is surely as frustrated as the rest of us.
Well I should say that the game got better from what it was but still they have gone a few steps back in terms of fielding and other stuff. If they keep on going back on certain things like this, it might take forever to get a decent game out of Cricket 22. What is more frustrating for us ps4 users is the choppy frame rate. We all paid the same amount of money for the game and the ps4 users gets the worst version of it. Atleast they were generous in distributing the other bugs equally. It just shows their reluctance to test their product and make it a satisfying one for the customers. We are being made to eat what they serve us. We didn't get to see an IGN review because of these game breaking issues. I don't think people will have the same amount of trust in BA again after what they have given us. Also their CEO is acting like they have made the game of the century. Unbelievable that the way a company is treating its customers.

azkhan

Associate Captain
@MattW

Thank you for adding the host nation option in the ODI & T20 Championships. I know @Ramz will be happy. Please, can you see if it's possible for us to choose the groups for the T20 tournament? Currently, if you don’t change the teams, it will be the same groups all the time. The game doesn’t randomly decide who is in what group.

My other question is one I have asked a few times. Is it possible to add a group stage option to create your own tournaments? Could we get the T20 championship template and allow us to fully customise the tournament? Also, is it possible for us to get the home nation option for our own created tournaments? Thanks for your help

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Has anyone had a player get injured? I have a bowler who had bowled 13.1 overs then a black square came up against his name where you look at the scorecard then the bowling stats and he’s out and he can’t bowl anymore and the twelfth man is on. Doesn’t say what’s wrong with him though.
Yes, batter retired hurt after over-use of aggressive ground strokes.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well, this post is embarrassing so I guess you might know what you’re talking about in that regard. Game dev, not so much.
Time to get these blokes back in the commentary box.

download.jpg

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
In a test for 5 consecutive overs I bowled 5 dot balls and experimented in each over of delivering something completely unplayable for the last ball e.g. bouncer that's too high, something too wide or both, or even the delivery that for the previous 5 balls was deemed too difficult to score off.

Every. Single. Time. The batsmen found a way. Even hooking something that if they left probably would've given them 4 byes over the keepers head.

One ball I even put every single fielder on the offside and bowled very wide. They just went over the top.

It really is game breaking. I understand that the whole AI thing is probably the most difficult to program in for BA but it's far too scripted. Same as wickets, the game decides if a wicket will be taken rather than your bowling quality.

Again I understand its difficult to put in as we would simply bowl good length/back of a length on off stump swinging away 9/10 times knowing that in real life that's a surefire way of taking wickets nicking off but there needs to be some balance there as it just feels too random at the moment. The AI know what will and won't hit the stumps and leave accordingly which defeats the whole object of bowling classic line and length.

If we were to break down the game at its basic level in quarters you have, bowling right handed, bowling left handed, batting right handed and batting left handed.

I would argue that only batting right handed is working to an acceptable level at the moment. So therefore in my eyes 75% of the actual game of cricket being played out is broken.

Hi

I understand your frustration re: the last ball smash. It was there when I started (On PS4). It tended to be the fifth ball then potentially the sixth if they missed out on the fifth.

I know that it can be a bit of a faff having to select the different difficulties in different parts of the game but have you considered creating a custom difficulty? I have different difficulties for each format (I know that some have created them for different parts of the world) and have my Test run rate set at 20 (This seems a little higher than some who’ve discussed it on here) but the last ball smash is long gone. Obviously it’s then a bit more subjective with white ball and you need to experiment a bit but my Test run rate is 20 and it’s helping contribute to a good (I’m not saying perfect) game.

I know that Big Ant have adjusted other things within the difficulty, ie: shot timing difficulty resulting in the numbers changing on each of our versions, so I don’t understand why they can’t/haven’t just amended the run rates in a patch… though I guess some who are enjoying/happy with the game then might have reason to complain and need to create their own difficulty. But my opinion, BA could’ve had Test run rate set at 20, ODI around double that and T20 a tad higher and we could’ve avoided all this last ball smash stuff!

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

I agree that out of box the 6th ball smash and general AI scripting is pretty bad, I've posted before about my frustrations with it.

This is why I adjust the sliders and play enjoyable games, until BA can sort out the out of box product.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I've adjusted sliders and still get the 5th/6th ball runs. It's not always necessarily a boundary but they will definitely score off it.

I'm interested as to which sliders anybody has used to stop this happening though. If anyone could share I'd greatly appreciate it as it certainly takes a lot of fun out of bowling.

Users who are viewing this thread