Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I've started a t20 world cup now I can finally access the community kits and team line ups. Hosted by England and I'm also playing as England. Only played 1 match vs Bangladesh at Old Trafford. I was quite pleased with the variety of dismissals both with spin and seam.

I had...

wicket chance - 70
AI timing - 35
AI bowling quality - 70

I made 235 with Malan top scoring with 75 off 45. Rashid came in and smashed 40 odd off about 12 balls at the end. I picked a very batting heavy side though with Morgan at 7 and Moeen at 8.

Bangladesh made 175/8 in reply. Nice variety of dismissals too, Moeen took 2 in 2 balls. Both bowled. He also took a wicket where the batsman smashed one straight down covers throat which was satisfying to see. A few LBWs too and caught in the deep. The best wicket I felt though was Stokes bowling around 5th stump, got a tickle through to Buttler. It just looked superb and for a moment could've quite easily been mistaken for a real game on the TV.

Few gripes as is the norm I suppose. There were times that no matter where I would bowl I was getting smashed around. Some of the AI shots were ridiculous and highly unrealistic.

When batting it was far too easy to milk the spinners for sweeps/reverse sweeps. The AI never put anyone at third man or fine leg so it was easy to keep doing it.

Overall an enjoyable experience though. I feel like we're getting somewhere.
I really enjoy playing now it’s my first time in the BA cricket series so I haven’t really noticed the bugs everyone else does but the batting slo mo has become a bit annoying after latest patch and I just wish the WK would liven up a bit. Apart from that love the game

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I like the missed dives but sometimes they do look weird - hopefully, they get tweaked and not removed. Also still the odd overthrow madness. @Rumple43 I am using your NZ slider settings and reskilled teams in a test match and so far it's great. Bowled NZ out for 370 - they went along at under 3 per over, lots of maidens. I am 107-2 after 30 odd overs. Currently on Day 3. The balance in edges is much better now.
That is awesome to hear. I'll not lie, NZ always seems to be somewhere I play the least, so the sliders don't always get the testing love they deserve. 370 from the AI is spot on, that's gonna set up a really good test match, and it sounds like you're building a platform for a solid reply as well. Love it!

Is there anything more annoying in this game than enticing the AI into a false shot and catching the ball on the boundary only for the fielder to involuntarily step/slide over the rope?
Well, since you asked the question......

The last one of the three is an absolute belter, it had me chuckling :lol

Just for reference, in case anyone has seen something similar, I made this video to submit as part of a ticket so BA can be aware of the issue. I've seen some fielding since the last patch that wasn't great, but this was the only thing I've seen where I had to actually quit out and reload since the guy never picked the ball up.

I am still having a load of fun with this game, so I don't want to highlight a glitch with no context, just figured I'd be good for the Friday fun :)

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
That is awesome to hear. I'll not lie, NZ always seems to be somewhere I play the least, so the sliders don't always get the testing love they deserve. 370 from the AI is spot on, that's gonna set up a really good test match, and it sounds like you're building a platform for a solid reply as well. Love it!

Well, since you asked the question......

The last one of the three is an absolute belter, it had me chuckling :lol

Just for reference, in case anyone has seen something similar, I made this video to submit as part of a ticket so BA can be aware of the issue. I've seen some fielding since the last patch that wasn't great, but this was the only thing I've seen where I had to actually quit out and reload since the guy never picked the ball up.

I am still having a load of fun with this game, so I don't want to highlight a glitch with no context, just figured I'd be good for the Friday fun :)

Alright you win, or could it be a demonstration that concussion injuries are actually part of the game? :lol

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Everything seems good since last 2 patches.... But latest patch i experienced some slow animation in early or late shot like a replay in motion.... It was behaving good for early shots.. But now it's unplayable kind of..... Ball was on stumps and i triggered early.... And Bal thudded on pad and my batsmen was still throwing his bat..... It doesn't used to happen like that .... Does anyone else face this issue

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Everything seems good since last 2 patches.... But latest patch i experienced some slow animation in early or late shot like a replay in motion.... It was behaving good for early shots.. But now it's unplayable kind of..... Ball was on stumps and i triggered early.... And Bal thudded on pad and my batsmen was still throwing his bat..... It doesn't used to happen like that .... Does anyone else face this issue
yes everyone does its been noted..

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
To be honest Shami has a couple of half centuries in test cricket so he’s more than capable of smashing it around.

Though I don’t have cricket 22 many of the gameplay problems mentioned here in this forum seem familiar and appear to originate from cricket 19 (or maybe earlier).

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Yea.. Its really ruining the batting gameplay

weeramanthrie

County Cricketer
I have been selected for internationals. But I haven’t had a single press conference. Is there a reason?

cricboi

Club Captain
Is there a way to get your outfielders to play a bit more shallow like we can with infielders ? I ask because I just finished an ODI where the AI hit about 30 lofted shots in about 8 overs and each of them landed just 1-2 feet in front of a fielder. I had a nice cushion so it didn't cost me the game but it felt quite silly to have it happen over and over again without any way to address it.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Yea.. Its really ruining the batting gameplay
Yep.... Due to this, First time since it's release instead of all bugs i was playing, but now stopped. I can't play with this batting bug. It's totally game breaking for me. I felt it should have been fixed immediately with a hot fix because it's intolerable But they didn't prioritise it as important. All other new features and improvements are a big welcome but if you can't play basic gameplay properly all are wasted.

But.. Anyways..... Will wait for it to fix till then going to play days gone for this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread