Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yep.... Due to this, First time since it's release instead of all bugs i was playing, but now stopped. I can't play with this batting bug. It's totally game breaking for me. I felt it should have been fixed immediately with a hot fix because it's intolerable But they didn't prioritise it as important. All other new features and improvements are a big welcome but if you can't play basic gameplay properly all are wasted.

But.. Anyways..... Will wait for it to fix till then going to play days gone for this weekend.
I agree, I was right in the middle of a test match and I’m batting having to try and stay in the match for it to then be broken so now I have to wait nearly a week to get back to it. Not happy!

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a suggestion.
At least, if possible, they should give option to roll back to previous patch if something is not good in current patch, so that we don't have to live with unwanted things for a week and we can enjoy and play the game still...

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
I played two weeks after , Looks batting on hard on short format and fielding is improved a lot

andrew56

Club Captain
I just played the lastest patch found batting easy, bowling is good but the pitches isn't doing much now.
Fielding is ok but still needs improving
Hopefully roster size gets increase to 40-42
Fielding forward dives boundary rope, boundary rope catches throw the ball up in the air and return to the field and catch it.
Outfield diving catches instead of waiting for the ball
Diving on stomach and tap the ball back instead of legs first.
Space slip fielders apart more.
Slog sweep should have power and height

What does anyone else think

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
I just played the lastest patch found batting easy, bowling is good but the pitches isn't doing much now.
Fielding is ok but still needs improving
Hopefully roster size gets increase to 40-42
Fielding forward dives boundary rope, boundary rope catches throw the ball up in the air and return to the field and catch it.
Outfield diving catches instead of waiting for the ball
Diving on stomach and tap the ball back instead of legs first.
Space slip fielders apart more.
Slog sweep should have power and height

What does anyone else think
What you playing it on? Because the batting on PS5 is atrocious, batsman swing is so late. To be honest I haven’t even tried the fielding because no worth playing till they fix the batting.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
What you playing it on? Because the batting on PS5 is atrocious, batsman swing is so late. To be honest I haven’t even tried the fielding because no worth playing till they fix the batting.
Fielding is absolute crap. I think more than 60% of us are waiting for the new patch before playing again. Yesterday I had one catch where the deadeye LB/RB triggered instead of the catching circle. Yet again it shows that they don't test the patches.

ahmad ejaz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Make a post and link to it. I try and read everything in this and the bug thread and pass on/check things where possible.

There's a few times I've seen post release of a patch pro/con list posts - those are often very helpful as I try and get an understanding of everything the community isn't happy with. Something like that, with links back to videos showing off the things being referenced would be great.

It is a bit cleaner in a post to make a youtube link as a link rather than an embed, as posts full of videos disrupt the thread a bit. Do that by typing some words and then highlighting them, and clicking the button in the toolbar to link the text, and paste in the youtube video.

The next update should have a resolution to an issue in some specific cases relating to the Indian T20 League. I believe some issues related to being drafted in The Hundred were resolved in a recent update, but you may need to reach the next season in career to have another draft occur. I'm not aware of BBL specific ones, but note that there are limits on overseas players in the Hundred and BBL.
Hey,
Sir just look at these picture its clearly run out as you can See in the pictures but it's given not out .
That happens many times its clearly an edge but given not out even after taking review iits still given not out. Some times fielder just touching boundary after taking catch but that's given as out. Please notice that sir
Thanks......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-063114.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-063114.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220213-063044.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-063044.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 11
  • video.m4a
    4.8 MB · Views: 9

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW after this patch batting shots are behaving very wierd, i played couple of games and observed with ideal timing, bat swings so late causing bowled or edge or lbw etc. Before latest patch this abnormality or feature was not there.

Can you please check whats this is about, because with this feature it’s difficult to continue playing c22?

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Fielding is absolute crap. I think more than 60% of us are waiting for the new patch before playing again. Yesterday I had one catch where the deadeye LB/RB triggered instead of the catching circle. Yet again it shows that they don't test the patches.
I think 99% ppl are waiting .

1% ppl are BA guys or little timmy.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I think he mentioned that they’d already fixed the batting animation so will hopefully be back okay on Wednesday. Doesn’t currently seem to be an issue on PS4.

Fielders diving over the ball gets frustrating but AI fielders don’t do absurd dives anymore, can pierce gaps better so hopefully they get the balance right soon.

I can understand frustrations with those occasions when fielding circle either appears for only a millisecond or fielder drops sitter without any input but it’s not happening too often. Again, hopefully they soon have things in good shape across all platforms.

Had a few stumpings which is nice. Know that’s been a concern.

There’s some crazy physics with ramp shot sixes off spinners and AI one legged hoiks into the sky but the game continues to improve. It’s not perfect but I’m enjoying it and have long moved on from Cricket 19.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
@MattW The fielding setup here is very odd. Both batsmen are settled and just two fielders outside the 30 yard circle. This happens only while playing against a spinner. What is more weird is the AI will go very defensive in their field settings if a wicket falls and a new batsman comes to the crease but they continue with the aggressive field against settled batsman. This happened in a 50 over game
cricket22.jpg

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I don't know exactly what went wrong but they have a solid game in Cricket 19 and all they had to do was to upgrade the lighting and textures ,increase bowling actions , couple of batting style and lots more batting stances , major improvement to career modes and add perhaps franchise modes , (no it's nothing to do with bogus cut scenes) and add some more players attributes and adjustment to AI field settings and viola we have cricket 22 but right now we are back to basics and still patching the basic batting issues and other gameplay bugs like stupid fielders ,

Where things went wrong???

Cricket 19 gameplay was near perfect apart from bad field settings from AI and if they have only added more players attributes (which they have) , the only thing to work was field settings without touching any other gameplay related elements , why fixing when it ain't broken?

But one thing is for sure after cricket 22 we will definitely have a mind blowing cricket 24 if they don't tinker much after cricket 22 patching completes

The Slow mo bug has drive me away from the game and now King of fighters 15 releasing in couple of days it will be hard for me to go back to cricket 22 atleast for 6 weeks , hopefully things will be much better by then.

Rahul Rants

School Cricketer
I get even weird field settings while palying against even Legendary AI.

Sometimes they have 4 slip fielders for a spinner bowling in the death overs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread