Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
I doubt steam are delaying it more likely there was an issue with the approval.I am half expecting to be told in a couple of days that steam won't be able to do a pre sale .Happy to be proved wrong of course

Harigoks

County Cricketer
These people dont deserve a man or his team doing anything for us or them. That being said, seems like they did try to get with BCCI and we know the rest of the story. But I guess even without them, BA has given us the opportunity to play the game in our way we like with academy and other amazing tools. 10/10 for the effort :))

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Come on, it's our money on the line. Ross is a businessman above all. Don't play apologia for him on a cricket fansite please

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yes! we are fortunate, that they bother about pc releases. Yes! Kudos to him and his team for developing brilliant cricket titles for us.

However, with that special prices for cricket 19 in India, I'm sure more people bought it than DBC series and previous ashes titles. I, for one, among many I'm sure, am a constant supporter of BA titles. Bought every single cricket and tennis titles they produced. It's just that regional pricing is always a bonus in terms of revenue generation (Yes! Ross is miles ahead in this domain, I'm not a master).

Countering piracy by increasing price tag, is not a very strong argument. Pirates are there and they even pirate games which are even less priced than a candy. On the flip side, I see the regional pricing (like cricket 19) can enable more people to buy and support the developers than turning to piracy as they can't afford that much.

To those remarks, like can't afford then don't play, I have nothing to say in defense.

Kudos to BS. Looking forward to steam release.

Sonic_2021

Club Captain
Yes! we are fortunate, that they bother about pc releases. Yes! Kudos to him and his team for developing brilliant cricket titles for us.

However, with that special prices for cricket 19 in India, I'm sure more people bought it than DBC series and previous ashes titles. I, for one, among many I'm sure, am a constant supporter of BA titles. Bought every single cricket and tennis titles they produced. It's just that regional pricing is always a bonus in terms of revenue generation (Yes! Ross is miles ahead in this domain, I'm not a master).

Countering piracy by increasing price tag, is not a very strong argument. Pirates are there and they even pirate games which are even less priced than a candy. On the flip side, I see the regional pricing (like cricket 19) can enable more people to buy and support the developers than turning to piracy as they can't afford that much.

To those remarks, like can't afford then don't play, I have nothing to say in defense.

Kudos to BS. Looking forward to steam release.
Obviously more people bought the game with that special price, including me. But I feel like even with that very low price, it didn't stop the amount of piracy HE expected. There could be a small minor community consisting of pirates for each game. There always are. But it seems there are a lot of people, a major community, still pirating Cricket 19 despite that low price. It indeed reduced piracy of their titles, but not much, which is a bit saddening.

And remember, though more people bought the game, the money BAS get is still low because of the game's low price. So it doesn't make much of a difference for them in terms of revenue to make it full priced or not if people won't cooperate. But In my opinion, as a customer, giving a special price like that would be one of the best option because at least, more people got to buy, play, experience and enjoy their game legitimately, which would probably be the ultimate satisfaction for any game developer. But the community is still, sadly, not very cooperative yet. Hopefully things get better as time progresses.

Last edited:

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I am disappointed by the pestering of Cricket 22 fans on the Big Ant and Ross Symons Twitter handles. Bullying the team regarding trailer and other confirmed news. Big Ant announced the game with a very short release date compared to any other games that come out these days where they announce the game without any release date. Expected better from the fans of Gentlemen's game.
Have you seen some of the players playing online game? I doubt you would have said this if you have seen some of the players and their abuse towards the game.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Yeah some people just dont get it that it's not up to Ross but its steam that is delaying it.
I will be getting it on PS5, I really want to see how the new career mode will look like.
Well you will get all sorts of people on the internet saying stupid stuff even if your game ends up being the most successful one in History , it's need an emotional maturity to handle that crowd by ignoring them and focus on important things in your life.
But sadly this man child tries to bully those insane crowd and ends up increasing his own blood pressure with this behavior , I personally don't care what Ross say on Twitter , just interested in the features and upcoming news relating to game

Users who are viewing this thread