Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Since patch 1.28 on PS4 ( still no idea what was in it ) batting seems to have gone back to onside dominated gameplay , I cannot hit through covers without edging behind , particularly against spinners , I wonder if anyone else has similar issues to this ?
I think it seems to be balanced enough for me. I have seen edges only for 'ok' timed shots and that too not often. I have edges-ok input at 34 for limited overs and 41 for tests.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Just watched his video. Never seen that before in a cricket game.
when fielder throw ball direct to stumps, most of the time bowler and keeper collect it, before it hit the stump (because of this, couple of time they saved my player from getting runout)... But I am also seeing first time keeper collecting it, before batsman hitting the ball...

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
BA must look into ball collection bug as it can easily give double or 3 runs. When bowler or keeper collects ball 3-4 feets away from stump, runner can easily complete run by diving so i think this issue must be addressed or fine tuned.

Dont say that this is also a feature ....

Mr Snrub

International Coach
BA must look into ball collection bug as it can easily give double or 3 runs. When bowler or keeper collects ball 3-4 feets away from stump, runner can easily complete run by diving so i think this issue must be addressed or fine tuned.

Dont say that this is also a feature ....
Also, at the wicketkeeper's end it's quite easy to break the bails with the keeper if the throw is close using X, but I've tried both X and CIRCLE at the bowlers end and the bowler just stands there.

Can anyone else get the bowler to take the bails off?

defysodslaw

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
Hello everyone. Now that Cricket 22 has been out for months and has had multiple patches, I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone here could answer the following questions. I’m yet to buy the game, but will decide based on the answers to these questions.

1. In tests, can you get the AI batsmen caught at point, cover, and mid-off?
2. I saw a few outfield catches happening in tests in some of the Cricket 22 YouTube videos. Oddly enough, it all happened at/around the deep square leg position. Does the AI give catches in other parts of the outfield too (in tests)? What about catches at deep fine leg/deep third-man/cow corner?
3. Is the power of the leg side shot behind-the-wicket nerfed like that of Cricket 19?
4. With the AI needing 4 or 6 in the last ball of a limited-overs game, do they desperately come down the wicket/try to make room and hit a lofted shot? Having won many matches in Cricket 19 where the AI did not show any intent of hitting it out of the park in the last ball, I’m simply looking for the basic urgency from them.
5. Can the lofted shots with ‘good’ timing clear the AI fielders at mid-off/mid-on/cover?
6. Can you sweep a spinner for a 6?
7. Is timing the advance shot still difficult, like what it was like in Cricket 19?
8. Other than sweep/reverse sweep, are the unorthodox shots easy to execute?
9. Is it still easy to block and sneak singles, or has BA improved it?

Thank you. Happy gaming!

Sultan Ms Nama

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Guys i stream league tournaments all matches are AI V AI on youtube channel and 8 matches so far AI always chasing that target just posting if that's bug or something. Last update amazing though AI comes down the wicket too and plays great shots

Attachments

• cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 12.54.50.04.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 12.54.50.04.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 14
  • cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 14.31.19.47.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 14.31.19.47.png
    388.9 KB · Views: 14
  • cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 16.14.05.48.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 16.14.05.48.png
    496.3 KB · Views: 13
  • cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 17.49.56.87.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.19 - 17.49.56.87.png
    575.3 KB · Views: 11
  • cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.21 - 12.06.33.57.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.21 - 12.06.33.57.png
    378.9 KB · Views: 10
  • cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.21 - 14.29.44.04.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.21 - 14.29.44.04.png
    668.9 KB · Views: 10
  • cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.21 - 16.10.51.58.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.21 - 16.10.51.58.png
    340.4 KB · Views: 8
  • cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.22 - 14.42.26.93.png
    cricket22.exe Screenshot 2022.02.22 - 14.42.26.93.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 13

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Also, at the wicketkeeper's end it's quite easy to break the bails with the keeper if the throw is close using X, but I've tried both X and CIRCLE at the bowlers end and the bowler just stands there.

Can anyone else get the bowler to take the bails off?
I use R1 for bowler

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello everyone. Now that Cricket 22 has been out for months and has had multiple patches, I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone here could answer the following questions. I’m yet to buy the game, but will decide based on the answers to these questions.

1. In tests, can you get the AI batsmen caught at point, cover, and mid-off?
2. I saw a few outfield catches happening in tests in some of the Cricket 22 YouTube videos. Oddly enough, it all happened at/around the deep square leg position. Does the AI give catches in other parts of the outfield too (in tests)? What about catches at deep fine leg/deep third-man/cow corner?
3. Is the power of the leg side shot behind-the-wicket nerfed like that of Cricket 19?
4. With the AI needing 4 or 6 in the last ball of a limited-overs game, do they desperately come down the wicket/try to make room and hit a lofted shot? Having won many matches in Cricket 19 where the AI did not show any intent of hitting it out of the park in the last ball, I’m simply looking for the basic urgency from them.
5. Can the lofted shots with ‘good’ timing clear the AI fielders at mid-off/mid-on/cover?
6. Can you sweep a spinner for a 6?
7. Is timing the advance shot still difficult, like what it was like in Cricket 19?
8. Other than sweep/reverse sweep, are the unorthodox shots easy to execute?
9. Is it still easy to block and sneak singles, or has BA improved it?

Thank you. Happy gaming!
We can't come to conclusion yet because in one patch we get beautiful caught at short cover and next patch will be different. Things have been changing patch after patch.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Guys i stream league tournaments all matches are AI V AI on youtube channel and 8 matches so far AI always chasing that target just posting if that's bug or something. Last update amazing though AI comes down the wicket too and plays great shots

Regarding AI chasing every target that i observed as well. Winning % is almost 100% i.e. from last 10 games where AI was chasing in t20, AI won all matches whether opponent is myself or AI itself.

This also needs to be balanced.

Wahldo

Club Captain
Bowling has become the bane of my existence. Currently my career player has bowled 35 overs with figures of 1-120. The joy of taking a wicket far outweighs getting a 100 as it is nearly impossible to be a good bowler on higher difficulties. Conversely, scoring runs isn't that hard.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Oh man, I've AI'd the AI. It felt incredible, I am absolutely beaming right now.

21-5 and in a complete mess after winning the toss and batting first.

Closed on 292 all out haha

If it happened to me, I'd be furious. But in the past, it no doubt HAS happened to me, and so fair's fair Mr AI! :lol

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Bowling has become the bane of my existence. Currently my career player has bowled 35 overs with figures of 1-120. The joy of taking a wicket far outweighs getting a 100 as it is nearly impossible to be a good bowler on higher difficulties. Conversely, scoring runs isn't that hard.
It's because the AI is messed up.

It's been weeks and we have seen minimal work done on the AI. That is what making the game unplayable not minor fielding bugs.
Why isn't fixing the AI high up the priority list?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Anyone noticed that, AI always choose 'bat first' after winning the toss... Any format, any type pitch or condition, they always choose bat first...

Users who are viewing this thread