Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Have anyone noticed that the last few overs of limited overs matches. The batsmen are really strong. Even number 11 is good enough to score 11-13 runs an over.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
AI needs a lot of work. From toss uptill declaration and game play.
AI batting is not balanced at all and this makes bowling a terrible experience.
AI bowling isn't balanced as well.
Before using rumples sliders it was still enjoyable. But now the AI isn't even responding to that.
Don't know what's wrong. Till 2 patches back test matches were actually enjoyable.
Request to Matt. Please mate do something for the gameplay. That is the single most important aspect. Doesn't make sense having a cricket game without having the basics right.
I really appreciate big ant for all they have done and I commend their efforts
But I'm not asking for a unreal things or I'm not asking for something out of this world. Neither am I comparing with Fifa or anything.
I'm just asking for a good balanced experience atleast game play wise. Rest can be added.
And I'm basing it on the previous iterations of the game. They were pretty good. Just want to build on that. Some improvements. That's it.

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh man, I've AI'd the AI. It felt incredible, I am absolutely beaming right now.

21-5 and in a complete mess after winning the toss and batting first.

Closed on 292 all out haha

If it happened to me, I'd be furious. But in the past, it no doubt HAS happened to me, and so fair's fair Mr AI! :lol
FBI, Show proof of your 9th wkt Partnership :lol

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Also, at the wicketkeeper's end it's quite easy to break the bails with the keeper if the throw is close using X, but I've tried both X and CIRCLE at the bowlers end and the bowler just stands there.

Can anyone else get the bowler to take the bails off?

On Xbox I hit/mash right shoulder/bumper as the return throw is incoming & then hit A once in the bowler's hands to remove the bails, but it doesn't always successfully trigger anyway. (Whatever your equivalent is, (R1??)).

It still doesn't matter though as I've NEVER had a single chance as a bowler to run out a batsman since release. (The current scripting simply prohibits human run outs & the AI batsman are always well home before a return throw will actually reach the bowler, let alone catch the return throw & whip the bails off in time. There's been several previous complaints that nobody has ever managed to run out an AI batsman too & nothing has changed so good luck ;).)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
FBI, Show proof of your 9th wkt Partnership :lol
158 off 289 for the 7th.

9 10 jack didn't make much noise at all. 10 runs combined, including a duck at 11.
Post automatically merged:

Anyone noticed that, AI always choose 'bat first' after winning the toss... Any format, any type pitch or condition, they always choose bat first...
Same as @smurfygray86, I find the AI pretty much always does the expected thing based on pitch and conditions.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
AI needs a lot of work. From toss uptill declaration and game play.
AI batting is not balanced at all and this makes bowling a terrible experience.
AI bowling isn't balanced as well.
Before using rumples sliders it was still enjoyable. But now the AI isn't even responding to that.
Don't know what's wrong. Till 2 patches back test matches were actually enjoyable.
Request to Matt. Please mate do something for the gameplay. That is the single most important aspect. Doesn't make sense having a cricket game without having the basics right.
I really appreciate big ant for all they have done and I commend their efforts
But I'm not asking for a unreal things or I'm not asking for something out of this world. Neither am I comparing with Fifa or anything.
I'm just asking for a good balanced experience atleast game play wise. Rest can be added.
And I'm basing it on the previous iterations of the game. They were pretty good. Just want to build on that. Some improvements. That's it.

Stand by….

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
The crashing frequency for Xbox is currently unacceptable with this patch version.

It's now crashing 2 or 3 times per match, during a gym session, or during start or end of game cut scenes.

I have no other titles that behave in this manner & C22 remains the only title to crash so badly the Xbox actually shuts down & I'm certainly not alone. Unbelievable.!!

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Just realised the new ramp shots (standing & kneeling ramps) have also completely gone. Can't play them anymore.

Anyone else seeing same issue?

EDIT:,......Aaand the dual player issue is back too. The same guy is sweeping the boundary as is currently bowling to me as well. Saw this at release & it was quickly fixed but that's obviously back as well.

Last edited:

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Very fine cut off any spin bowler is broken again, or not working correctly at least unfortunately, (Front foot.)

(It'll now only play successfully to an exceptionally wide ball & a fine cut isn't really a shot most would instinctively employ to a delivery that's on or outside of the wide ball markers. Once or twice out of every ten attempts the AI also seems to take over (I have the auto shot replacement feature disabled at all times) & it automatically plays an orthodox cut instead of the fine cut I was attempting.)

Otherwise, very similar to when it was originally broken on release, either it slaps straight into a world class WK's gloves or one gets 3 green indications (typically good/ideal/ideal) but the shot just misses entirely.

It seems there's been a reintroduction of a few bugs we were seeing on release day as others have commented on some I remember seeing at release too.

(The batting has definitely improved, it just seems to be another of those one step back patches & a couple of other shots have now been affected instead.)

Fingers crossed these ones are easier to iron back out again than other certain shots that shall remain unnamed ;).

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
EDIT:,......Aaand the dual player issue is back too. The same guy is sweeping the boundary as is currently bowling to me as well. Saw this at release & it was quickly fixed but that's obviously back as well.
More context please here - is this career or something?

Assuming that, the only case I'm aware of where getting the 'same player' in career is caused when you in the academy have players that are not linked that share names with players who are linked. They could be on one of the teams, or in some cases the game will use unlinked players (based on their nationality) before using 'generated' players, basically - if there's two players in the database that are separate, then they are separate players who can be picked.

As some players in the real world share a name - like there's two Hannah Jones who play in The Hundred - so we can't just prevent all players with the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread