Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
My two cents worth on the gameplay post yesterday's patch: bit of a lemon imo.

AI have to get that one boundary every over again. Whether it be an inside edge or an aggressive shot and then magically leave the same ball line/length for the rest of the over. Game lost its randomness which last week's patch had (this is playing a four day game in career mode). I knew this would happen ffs. This game's engine is a see saw, fix one thing (going up) and another thing gets broken (going down). Wish I could revert back a version.
It’s baffling if this is the case going to turn automatic updates off I just don’t get how it can be near perfect then silly stuff comes back which ruins the gameplay you on default run rate aswell ?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It’s baffling if this is the case going to turn automatic updates off I just don’t get how it can be near perfect then silly stuff comes back which ruins the gameplay you on default run rate aswell ?
I play on custom sliders but I tried on default and get the same result in terms of what I posted. So annoying, was just getting back into the game and wham.

If there was ever a case to take a break and build the game from the ground up again it would be C22.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I play on custom sliders but I tried on default and get the same result in terms of what I posted. So annoying, was just getting back into the game and wham.

If there was ever a case to take a break and build the game from the ground up again it would be C22.
Just turned updates off and cancelled yesterday’s just caught it in time was looking forward to this weeks aswell Will await more feedback or another update

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I looking for something like this...

You know how to play this shot in C22?
That wasn’t actually that short, more short of a length

If you watch a few of the first videos in @DuneTiger thread you will see the AI driving it off the back foot into the crowd and it looks horrible, can only imagine that Dune was tearing their hair out.

Playing aerial shots off the back foot anyway aside from square/behind square are unique skills for only some very gifted players, so the last thing I’d want is to see everyone being able to smash sixes in the V with a cross batted shot or even worse a straight bat, because as @wasteyouryouth said, it’s not realistic.

Yes, you could argue that by increasing a player’s back foot skill or special shot skill should allow them to do this, but I’d be worried it would just affect other shots, like the genuine pull or hook through square would never be seen because all they play is this new shot

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner

If you watch a few of the first videos in @DuneTiger thread you will see the AI driving it off the back foot into the crowd and it looks horrible, can only imagine that Dune was tearing their hair out.

Playing aerial shots off the back foot anyway aside from square/behind square are unique skills for only some very gifted players, so the last thing I’d want is to see everyone being able to smash sixes in the V with a cross batted shot or even worse a straight bat, because as @wasteyouryouth said, it’s not realistic.

Yes, you could argue that by increasing a player’s back foot skill or special shot skill should allow them to do this, but I’d be worried it would just affect other shots, like the genuine pull or hook through square would never be seen because all they play is this new shot

This, at 90 seconds, would be more effective to hit down the ground to a short ball.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My two cents worth on the gameplay post yesterday's patch: bit of a lemon imo.

AI have to get that one boundary every over again. Whether it be an inside edge or an aggressive shot and then magically leave the same ball line/length for the rest of the over. Game lost its randomness which last week's patch had (this is playing a four day game in career mode). I knew this would happen ffs. This game's engine is a see saw, fix one thing (going up) and another thing gets broken (going down). Wish I could revert back a version.
Played a few overs of a 5 day game and it looked alright. But I don’t think the AI is leaving balls outside the off stump. The last ball boundary happened maybe 2 times out of 10 overs. I didn’t bowl a maiden though.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers

There is reverse sweep, scoop, helicopter shots in the game, than why not these shots? I am ok if they include that under advance shot, but most of modern cricketer now playing these kind shots...

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Would be great if we get dozens of new batting stances for six batting style , surely must be easier than a brand new batting style

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
There is reverse sweep, scoop, helicopter shots in the game, than why not these shots? I am ok if they include that under advance shot, but most of modern cricketer now playing these kind shots...
In an ideal world yes, we would like every possible shot, all I mean is, I would hate for them to bring in a new shot and then every player is doing it, when in reality, only a handful can.

It would be like seeing Joe Root playing MS Dhoni’s helicopter shot, it would just ruin that realistic feeling.

Until they can master not only the shot mechanics, but also how they are implemented, I think keeping these ‘unique’ shots out of it, at least for now, is the best way to go. After all, they haven’t even nailed the execution of the slog sweep off the spinner, which is used far more in the modern game.

@wasteyouryouth spot on and what’s more, they went for 4 as well. Backing away from the ball to give yourself room and then effectively swatting it away, it’s almost impossible to clear the rope, let alone have it end up in the crowd. Granted some players have the strength to do it, but I wouldn’t want to be seeing it in every innings

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m playing 4 day county game after latest patch and haven’t noticed much difference to gameplay really, I can’t search for anything on academy without it crashing but otherwise not sure what’s different, PS4 btw …

Users who are viewing this thread