Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

VijayGreat

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
This makes me happy - the light towers now look fully lit up rather than only a quarter of the tower. Always bugged me in the other games :pView attachment 256350View attachment 256351
you care about light towers not about mechanics? I see same old spin bowling actions and weird batting animations upper cut for a spinner!!! thank god they did not add dil scoop for spinners..there are lots of expectations about the game..I see this as a cricket 19 with few upgrades with a ps5 version..

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
As long as they have taken that ugly uppercut shot to spinners, I'll be happy.
Still there mate
Post automatically merged:

Looks like we might have a different TV overlay for red/white ball formats. Unless they are still fine tuning. Also the running between the wickets looks to have an arcade feel with the camera box in the bottom right hand corner.
Another small thing noticed was umpires have sponsors on their kits.
View attachment 256327
View attachment 256328
great pick ups mate

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Looking fantastic! Pick and throw feature in particular. I just wish we can somehow link official teams with the teams in Career mode. In cricket 19, we can't link cpl teams and hundred teams with career mode teams.

Also, are we having correct indian ranji teams like in DBC series? Can anyone please confirm?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Did you ever notice James Taylor’s ‘mumblings’ when the new ball was taken? It was as if he was speaking to someone else off mic, then he’s back to commentary with his ‘the captain has taken the new ball’
Something about it being 12:46 and time for the new ball or along those lines aye

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I would buy a $20 DLC if they add 10 more bowling actions for spinners and pacers also with at least 1 new batting style with all the shots.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Must admit a new spinner animation would of been nice! They may well be .. but doesn’t look like it!

I really hope they have some new ones. I was really hoping the licensed bowlers would all have their individual actions in the game + maybe some more top bowlers like Bumbrah etc. Surely bowling actions are not trademarked

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I seriously wanted a tailender whole shot range batting animation and would want them to trigger when the batters skills are low and the INPUT QUALITY IS ok or poor overall.
We can this way judge the batsmen weaknesses just by watching him play ugly shots , say if his rating on the front foot and off side are low and if we give him an outswinger on good length , more often then not an ugly coverdrive will trigger indicating that this is his weakness area.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Batting close cam has changed a bit did anyone noticed it.
As is the case in Cricket 19 as well - the cameras in the nets are different, and some are disabled, owing to the fact it's inside a building. Some cameras aren't possible, others would clip with walls, the roof, etc. so are modified in the nets, and only in the nets.

This is certainly one of those times where the disclaimer that nets are not indicative of final gameplay certainly applies.
However, if it’s a T20 match, I’m more worried about England’s run rate :p
I think I'm not stepping too far out of what I can say to point out that yes, it's a ODI match in progress in that image, as you can tell by the uniforms and the ODI HUD.

angad

Chairman of Consent
I seriously wanted a tailender whole shot range batting animation and would want them to trigger when the batters skills are low and the INPUT QUALITY IS ok or poor overall.
We can this way judge the batsmen weaknesses just by watching him play ugly shots , say if his rating on the front foot and off side are low and if we give him an outswinger on good length , more often then not an ugly coverdrive will trigger indicating that this is his weakness area.
I remember one of the games had this (I think it was from the Brian Lara series that came out a few years back) where the tail Enders actually had different animations and reach for the ball and actually batted like tail enders.

But in present day cricket, there are hardly any true tail enders as most now are capable of holding the bat and showing some technique

Users who are viewing this thread