Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hey guys, just wanted to ask if you guys are able to hit a six over the covers? For me I am not able to hit a six even with Ideal timing. Lofted shot over covers usually goes straight to the fielder for a catch or in the gap for a boundary. Can you please try it and share your feedback? Thanks in advance

On PS4 it doesn't work. Lofted shots on the off side (L2 trigger) almost behave as if you're playing an aggressive shot (L2+R2) and barely get any elevation.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Honestly need a reply to this - Why is there no offside lofted shot? Doesn’t matter how good or bad you time it, L2 shots go flat along the ground in this game. There’s literally not enough power to hit a six over covers or the off region at all….
I also had that problem, but for that I use R3 first for run down the pitch and hit beautiful sixes... I am using style 5 left handed for career player and with that shot, it looks exactly same like Sourav Ganguly sixes... I loved that...

Kulfy-259-media.gif

Last edited:

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Honestly need a reply to this - Why is there no offside lofted shot? Doesn’t matter how good or bad you time it, L2 shots go flat along the ground in this game. There’s literally not enough power to hit a six over covers or the off region at all….
Hey guys, just wanted to ask if you guys are able to hit a six over the covers? For me I am not able to hit a six even with Ideal timing. Lofted shot over covers usually goes straight to the fielder for a catch or in the gap for a boundary. Can you please try it and share your feedback? Thanks in advance
I have noticed this issue as well, on Steam.
Definitely some issue with lofted shots through the off side

Harigoks

County Cricketer
I hit 3 sixers last night with lofted shots. One of them was the stepping down and smash it to off shot. Other 2 were proper offside lofts. I was able to do this only when the bowler bowls good length and with full length it gets to fielder or more of a ground shots.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I hit 3 sixers last night with lofted shots. One of them was the stepping down and smash it to off shot. Other 2 were proper offside lofts. I was able to do this only when the bowler bowls good length and with full length it gets to fielder or more of a ground shots.
Yes that's right, I also noticed if we don't timed it right or ball hit certain part of the bat, ball height varies depends on that...

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
You an hit it if the batsman has the power hitter perk tagged. I restarted career 7-10 times with multiple perks. Only yesterday I started hitting sixes on offside without stepping out. The difference was the power hitter pperk.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I have noticed this issue as well, on Steam.
Definitely some issue with lofted shots through the off side
I've seen this too. It also seems to apply to some shots straight down the ground also. I'm not sure if it's a timing thing or if Harigoks is correct that it's length based. In any case aggressive shots on the off or straight-ish are at times playing more like slightly more lofted aggressive ground shots (L2 + R2).

Harigoks

County Cricketer
Yes that's right, I also noticed if we don't timed it right or ball hit certain part of the bat, ball height varies depends on that...
Correct. I played a chip shot off drive or something for a six as I couldn't drive it off side for boundry. But again, it depends on the player skills I guess.

riteshagl

County Cricketer
I have mentioned this in one of my previous posts. The angle of the bat sorto decides how aerial the ball goes. And you are right about ball length. The shorter the ball length, the higher the ball can go

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
With latest patch on PS4, now I can play offside shot convincingly... Before that, I have to move the stick extremely right for foot and shot selection for offside cut shot play, but now I can play drive or cut with same footwork direction...

Madhona Khan Singh

School Cricketer
So quality, working software product worth the $100 they are asking for it or dispensable drinks coaster - towards which end of the spectrum are we at with this thing?

For reference - F1 2021 is currently less than $60 in the PSN store.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have got run out in Test , There was AI players shout and appeal on mute With the latest patch.

Users who are viewing this thread