Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Is it just me or all that's seeing the pitch marker is back to the way it was few days back? Bit annoyed again
Yeah I was meant to post earlier I think setting it to 100 still doesn't feel like it's showing up early...

Rain94

School Cricketer
Ok so for the pupose of testing, feedback and helping others im going to keep sticking this here....

Another tough 20 overs of cricket from both teams, with bundaries at an absolute premium for the Aussies...
View attachment 259230

View attachment 259229

Marnus and Smith were begining to form a petty corncerning partnership without ever really getting on top of the bowlers. Lunch came and the decision was to go a bit fuller and attack the stumps with the Gabba sliders meaning that most deliveries were going over making bowleds and lbw's quite hard to get (like in the recent test)

Up step Jimmy with the new plan..

Nothing about this has been poor so far at all..

One little big after an appeal with the AI standing outside their crease but apart from that very very solid. No scoopy pulls either!

@blockerdave @Langeveldt @Harigoks
@Rumple43

I'm having the same pleasant experience as you using @Rumple43 sliders on the PS5. Although I've set the AI Run Rate to 18 rather than the suggested 20. I'm currently playing atm and after 5 wickets fallen, the AI has a run rate of about 2.90. They are currently 5/171 and I'm trying to dismiss Green 25/144! Using his physics settings for Hard/Dry pitch, do you find that the umpire rarely calls bouncers despite being above shoulder height? I can keep bowling short over and over. I'm playing with Custom Bowling settings between Medium and Hard (averaged the values between Med/Hard).

Edit: I've bowled both Harris (first ball) and Labuschagne. Warner, Smith and Head all caught.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I'm having the same pleasant experience as you using @Rumple43 sliders on the PS5. Although I've set the AI Run Rate to 18 rather than the suggested 20. I'm currently playing atm and after 5 wickets fallen, the AI has a run rate of about 2.90. They are currently 5/171 and I'm trying to dismiss Green 25/144! Using his physics settings for Hard/Dry pitch, do you find that the umpire rarely calls bouncers despite being above shoulder height? I can keep bowling short over and over. I'm playing with Custom Bowling settings between Medium and Hard (averaged the values between Med/Hard).

Haven’t noticed! But will look.. out of interest how have you taken your 5 wickets?

Rain94

School Cricketer
Yes, two of them were caught using the mini-game catch system. One of the edges came by so fast that I barely had time to react with 1st slip which was caught with a dive animation after I succeeded. Another was caught at Mid-wicket but no mini game popped up. As for my Labuschagne dismissal, I lured the AI with Fast (R2 Trigger) Outswings and Inswings and then the sixth ball, I bowled a Slower variation Yorker with L2 Trigger. He swung and I got him clean!! I've been catching the AI with the Slower variation plus L2 Yorker since Day 1. After several faster deliveries, they are sometimes caught off guard just like in real life.

Edit: Slower variation Yorker as in the Slower Delivery option. I also point down on the Aftertouch controls. Don't know if it does anything, but it just become a habit for me and it works.

Last edited:

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Hey guys can somebody please confirm this for me:

I increased the "Pace Bowling Visual Speed" and "Spin Bowling Visual Speed" physics slider values. I wanted the bowlers to be quicker (both pace and spin) while I am batting.

I am able to make the pace bowling feel quicker but not the spinners. Request somebody to please help out- just want to make sure that I am not making any mistake and this is indeed a bug before creating a ticket.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ok so for the pupose of testing, feedback and helping others im going to keep sticking this here....

Another tough 20 overs of cricket from both teams, with bundaries at an absolute premium for the Aussies...
View attachment 259230

View attachment 259229

Marnus and Smith were begining to form a petty corncerning partnership without ever really getting on top of the bowlers. Lunch came and the decision was to go a bit fuller and attack the stumps with the Gabba sliders meaning that most deliveries were going over making bowleds and lbw's quite hard to get (like in the recent test)

Up step Jimmy with the new plan..

Nothing about this has been poor so far at all..

One little big after an appeal with the AI standing outside their crease but apart from that very very solid. No scoopy pulls either!

@blockerdave @Langeveldt @Harigoks
@Rumple43

It would be great if you can let the Big Ant team know that the wagon wheel is broken. It only shows 19 or 20 scoring shots no matter how many scoring shots you've played and after a while, it becomes random - a scoring shot showing up in wagon wheel and then gone the next delivery. It impacts the testing/experimentation (especially when you're trying to figure out which line & length deliveries are hit in which particular direction), and takes a lot away from gaming experience when you can't even see the shots you've played in a wagon wheel. This is a new bug not present in Cricket 2019.

Last edited:

Abcd9994

Club Captain
It would be great if you can let the Big Ant team know that the wagon wheel is broken. It only shows 19 or 20 scoring shots no matter how many scoring shots you've played and after a while, it becomes random - a scoring shot showing up in wagon wheel and then gone the next delivery. It impacts the testing/experimentation (especially when you're trying to figure out which line & length deliveries are hit in which particular direction), and gaming experience a lot when you can't even see the shots you've played in a wagon wheel. This is a new bug not present in Cricket 2019.
Yeah wagon wheel is broken. I didn't look into it that much but clearly remember on one occasion shots to third man didn't show up, another time my cover drives through mid off didn't show up!

Rain94

School Cricketer
This game can be so immersive and frustrating (good) when every thing is clicking, gameplay wise. Currently Alex Carey is having the match of his life carrying the Aussies on his back 70-115. I'm so frustrated that I can't figure out how to dismiss him that I will have to take an actual break from the game to put the controller down and take a breather to reset (especially for my eyes, it can be a strain when I get so immersed!) during the end of this session in 4 overs.

I think I might have to trap him with fielder placement rather than trying to bowl him for edges. The AI batting and how they are accumulating their runs feel pretty realistic to me, currently run rate is at 3.09 now after hovering at 2.75 for the majority of the test inning at the Gabba. My main issue with the game atm on PS5 ver 1.08 (afraid to update to the now released 1.09) is the very slow lackadaisical approach of my AI fielders when chasing down a ball. They are soooooo slow and when they do arrive at the ball, sometimes they don't throw despite me pushing buttons. I've had several 2's which turned into 3's and even 3's that turned into 4 or 5 runs!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
This rain delay bug is seriously dumb haha. I had a match (ODI) that started at night time, after 1st ball rain delay then it became day time and my turn to bat again after a ball rain delay :D

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

Edit: I've bowled both Harris (first ball) and Labuschagne. Warner, Smith and Head all caught.
Just for clarity, the thread is mine, but the base set is largely Wealey's work.

Credit where credit is due, they're producing some great results right now!

D

Deleted member 185125

Whoever has tried out the new sliders, could you please give more details on what exactly it does along with your experience? TIA

Users who are viewing this thread