Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Can someone explain the difficulty settings to me there seems to be so many options and I'm not sure what effects what. In the pre match screen you see "Match Difficulty" ranging from "Easiest" to "Hardest" but I'm not sure how this lines up with the other setting that ranges from "Rookie" to "Veteran" like if I have one set to Easiest but the other to Veteran what's going on? Feels like a too many cooks situation with so many different settings...sometimes simple is better.

FOR ODI PLAYERS

For all the ODI players who are getting carted around for 300+ on Hardest/Legend. I'm currently bowling with match setting on Easiest and AI base on Rookie and I have NZ 78/4 after 20 overs. A much more realistic scoreline and maybe with some tinkering to the difficulties (not going as low as Easiest/Rookie) we can have a more realistic ODI experience and with some tinkering to sliders too. I will play 2-3 more innings bowling to see how the AI are and if we just get a repeat of the same match like in higher difficulties...hopefully not!
@SloppyMani
The difficulty you see before a match is the sliders and in 19 you used to be able to choose your custom sliders here as well, so for example I would choose ‘Test’ or ‘T20’ (not sure if you can now on 22 but I’m on Xbox and just see easiest, easy, medium, hard, hardest)

The rookie to legend difficulty is how good the AI is so in theory, you could set up a match like this;

Match difficulty - Hardest (how easy/hard it is for you to play and input your ‘skills’ i.e. the timing is more difficult, the ball quality is less forgiving etc

AI difficulty - Rookie (how good the AI is, bowl a bad ball and they will punish you on higher levels, but probably not on rookie, get it on the stumps and you’ll probably bowl them out most times on rookie, less likely on veteran etc)

So with these, it would be like, it’s hard to bowl a good consistent over, but if you do, you’re more likely to get a wicket. Compared to maybe if you had it on Easiest and Legend, which would be the opposite, it’s easy to bowl the ball where you want, but the AI can deal with it easier

This is certainly how it worked on 19 and I imagine how it should work on 22.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@Slug1793 Cheers although I'm still confused about match difficulty like you said it's to do with difficulty for humans but I could set my match difficulty to hardest and then have my batting and bowling sliders on easy so what would be the point of the match difficulty?

anandponnath

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hola guys! Is the pitch marker fixed with new patch? Anything better?
Nope. Pitch marker isn't fixed. Don't see a whole lotta difference on other aspects either, though I haven't played much after tbh.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
@Slug1793 Cheers although I'm still confused about match difficulty like you said it's to do with difficulty for humans but I could set my match difficulty to hardest and then have my batting and bowling sliders on easy so what would be the point of the match difficulty?
I’ve edited my original post, have a look at the second to last paragraph, that may help explain a little better

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys

Please can I ask for some insight re: spin bowling bounce?

I’ve played a few muck about matches and full deliveries have bounced over the stumps. Admittedly I think that the pitches have been either Hard or Grassy not Soft so I’ll try Soft. In Player Creator, my spinners have either two/three of the horizontal bars for bounce shaded, so 2/5 or 3/5 if you know what I mean.

Do you think that these bars need to be 0 or 1 shaded? Will it compromise caught behinds? Will bowleds occur on soft pitches? Am I mistaken to think that the batsmen should be bowled?

I’ve never really played with sliders. I didn’t want to be engineering/fixing the result but this makes me consider it. Am I understanding correctly, is there a slider for Bounce? But presumably that could negatively effect pace deliveries too which I think are fine.

If anybody’s got any thoughts then please let me know.

Many thanks

caprikaps

Club Captain
@SloppyMani
The difficulty you see before a match is the sliders and in 19 you used to be able to choose your custom sliders here as well, so for example I would choose ‘Test’ or ‘T20’ (not sure if you can now on 22 but I’m on Xbox and just see easiest, easy, medium, hard, hardest)

The rookie to legend difficulty is how good the AI is so in theory, you could set up a match like this;

Match difficulty - Hardest (how easy/hard it is for you to play and input your ‘skills’ i.e. the timing is more difficult, the ball quality is less forgiving etc

AI difficulty - Rookie (how good the AI is, bowl a bad ball and they will punish you on higher levels, but probably not on rookie, get it on the stumps and you’ll probably bowl them out most times on rookie, less likely on veteran etc)

So with these, it would be like, it’s hard to bowl a good consistent over, but if you do, you’re more likely to get a wicket. Compared to maybe if you had it on Easiest and Legend, which would be the opposite, it’s easy to bowl the ball where you want, but the AI can deal with it easier

This is certainly how it worked on 19 and I imagine how it should work on 22.
This is confusing.

If the match difficulty is what decides our competency, then what’s the point of having batting, bowling, fielding sliders under custom settings?

I guess they are the same thing, when you select hardest match difficulty before the match, it changes all the custom sliders to hardest which you could change during in game. That’s all I could think off and makes sense to me unless it is yet another bug.

Users who are viewing this thread