Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
The ball has disappeared on my game for several overs at a time...

Also I was in the nets on career mode and there was no sound when the ball hit the bat.

There have been several overthrows but from the opposite boundary.

Not ideal but quick reload and ur get the ball back!

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
How does the wicket keeper catching mechanism get activated?

I had two edges to the keeper. One of them I had to get the L stick in the circle to catch and second one nothing was shown but the camera changed to behind the wicketkeeper giving me hint that there was an edge.

Personally I would like nothing shown or indicated (through camera change or catching mini game) for wicketkeeper catch as I enjoy guessing and listening for an edge sound. Is there anyway to achieve that?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thanks again for the detailed response, even though I think I’ve clocked that you’ve had your frustrations with the game!

No worries mate :). Enjoy :).

Indeed lol, the frustration has been from the obvious causes & the subsequent lack of any fix at all. I've kind of been in limbo along with all other Xbox customers which has lead to experimenting with different things I wouldn't usually have bothered with only to discover some pretty horrific bugs hidden even deeper under the surface of the Xbox release too. Some of them are shocking & when we're talking about multiple bugs where you ultimately have little to no control & they're game breaking, someone should be accountable & not expecting to be mollycoddled. That just adds to the concern that countless others will also have to put up with those problems indefinitely as well :(.

There's undoubtedly potential here & I feel things could be pretty damn good as & when these issues get sorted out but some lessons just don't seem to want to be learned. Sadly, the bad continues to overshadow any good at this time but through the terrible bugs I can see that there could be a lot of fun hidden in there somewhere :).

This situation was ultimately avoidable or BA could have had the backbone to step up & let us know the news about the known issues with the game 3 or 4 weeks prior to release & I would have been far more patient & understanding personally. (I would have been given that choice to make my own decision & instead it was forcibly removed without my knowledge or consent.) In handling it the way they did by waiting until release day to admit there were serious issues & releasing the BA vs IGN Five5 match video 3 days earlier where everything was made to appear like a fully polished & functional product for release day - people have unsurprisingly felt entrapped by that!! (They also deliberately avoided looking into the career mode or the menus etc. in that video & why? They knew it was nowhere near finished but chose to hide that from us too.)

Any pre-order customer who had played the net's challenge for more than 2 hours was immediately ruled out of a refund when we finally saw the absolute state the game was in on release day because of those actions & decisions. Then the subsequent Xbox patch farce too & while there is hope, that's obviously still ongoing as well. (Damage done, I'll never pre-order BA again now!! That trust is gone for good, it was all a bit of a dick move to say the least.)

Will just have to hope a patch finally drops for Xbox this week but we're now so far behind with the potential for the same thing to happen again anyway that it could now be months before Xbox gets a truly polished product.

I hope to get a lot of enjoyment out of what could be a great title.... BUT, hell if they haven't done things the extreme bloody hard way & then they get irritated with customers who are equally entitled to be irritated themselves!! Sigh LOL ;).

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Halfway in, 30 overs down. 107/4.

Was looking comfortable but lost 2 for none in 2 overs. (Actually 3-17 in about 6 overs.)

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The AI batting is quite smart and hard to decieve

1. when i bowl a 4th off stamp line with offside dominant field AI simply suffles and hit every ball to the leg side.

2. when i bowl a bouncer at the batsmen body it plays a cut above the keeper.

3. yorker is also not much effective in getting a wicket.

please share your ideas to stop the AI from scoring.
one thing I have noticed with AI is that if one of your bowler is getting thrashed pretty much the same way again and again by the AI then just change the bowler.
Dont know why but AI starts to play differently when a new bowler comes in
I guess thats a good thing too.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
After touch has bit of a learning curve to it I'm afraid, I myself am only getting familiar with it slowly but its an interesting addition nonetheless.

First of all, I'd suggest you to play on medium pitch if you don't want this insane bounce off the pitch and if even that doesn't produce bounce like you want, they reduce pitch bounce to like 35 or 40 like most of us do.
I first tried aftertouch at Lords where pitch was medium and grassy. There I was able to hit the middle portion of the stumps with full deliveries bcoz of low bounce but then I couldnt find a way to hit that length where the ball would hit the top part of stumps bcoz when I tried to bowl good length deliveries they were all going above the stumps.
It just feels like aftertouch is not working the way it should on pro controls and theres always a portion of length that you cant hit no matter what you do

Staresblank

Club Captain
The new update has meant I'm getting terrible frame rate after a fall of a wicket. Only way to fix it is to restart my PlayStation. This is on ps4 1.09 - anyone else got this problem? It's very frustrating

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
The new update has meant I'm getting terrible frame rate after a fall of a wicket. Only way to fix it is to restart my PlayStation. This is on ps4 1.09 - anyone else got this problem? It's very frustrating

Yes. Was okay to start with then seemed a bit fuzzy. Like you say, possibly seemed to happen after fall of wicket. Started off all right, took a wicket, everything slow mo for a bit then general blur afterwards. Playable but noticeable/irritating on the eyes!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I've been hyper critical of this game, but credit where credit is due, I've completed 2 full FC games over the last week, and both have been challenging and fun.

Beat the Springboks as the England Rebels from 81/82, thanks to 50's in each inns from Ned Larkins and a sublime hundred from Bob Woolmer. No sign of 4th inns chase anything here @WealeyH @Langeveldt @Ken Tremendous

(This was a custom 4 day FC match, 100 overs a day).

Cricket 22_20211208220232.jpg

Then just completed a hard fought draw against the West Indies Rebels in a custom 3 day FC match (102 overs a day, each side limited to 90 overs first inns, new ball after 70 overs).

Larkins keeping up his good form with an aggressive first inns century.
Cricket 22_20211213232829.jpg

Underwood's second inns 4 came in a rush, on the final day as Windies pushed on, so maybe not an case of spin being overpowered although all 4 were bat-pads, Ned Larkins showing cat-like reflexes at short leg.

A couple of other things to point out - so I played every ball of the match, and started with a day 2 pitch. This is how the pitch looked late on day 3 (so a day 4 state). Pretty nice I think. This started as grassy/dry.
Cricket 22_20211213215519.jpg
Cricket 22_20211213215542.jpg

Also not sure how it happened, but I observed something really interesting which I simply have NEVER seen before in any cricket game, BA or otherwise. Namely genuine variation in AI opponents.

Have a look at these pitch maps from the West Indies Seamers:
Cricket 22_20211213232033.jpg
Cricket 22_20211213232051.jpg

Not a huge difference between Clarke and Moseley, though Moseley probably bowled fuller in general, but have a look at Stephenson...

Cricket 22_20211213231941.jpg

In both inns he bowled almost exclusively wide on the crease, well wide of off stump but here's the thing - they were mostly big booming in-swingers and off cutters, difficult to play and hard to judge which to leave and which not. He got me bowled a few times where I left ones that cut in more and didn't bounce as much. I don't know it was a total glitch, or something to do with his stats/perks and trying to exploit the grassy pitch, but it was genuinely brilliant to know when he came on I was going to face something markedly different to the other bowlers, and still challenging.

I still hate that bloody crowd noise though.
Post automatically merged:

Proper cricket.
56/3 the last 30 overs! (Sad to say it was great fun! :lol)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread