Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

asheswonder

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Which platform??
Post automatically merged:

You have to raise a ticket with play station. Ross had one tweet on same lines when another user had the same issue. Please look through his retweets to get the information.
Same here either PS4 or Xbox one X in my case

Mrp

Club Captain
Which platform??

You have to raise a ticket with play station. Ross had one tweet on same lines when another user had the same issue. Please look through his retweets to get the information.
PC

Sahil70

Club Captain
Fix the bloody fielding @big Ant!!!. We complained sinced Cricket 19 but you do not listen. AI runs 3’s and 4’s way too easily. What do you people at Big Ant not understand? Ffs it is so annoying.
Does the bowler/keeper still run away from stumps and fling the ball behind them when taking throw from outfield and try to hit the stumps or take bails off? This is a real eyesore in 19

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just got a cheeky 28.6mb update on steam. Unsure what it addresses though.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Forgive me if it’s been asked already. How is it that I’ve changed my AI run rate slider to 18 in test matches and had 2 innings where England score between 4-5 per over in 20 overs and India score 200 odd in 50 overs? I generally have no clue what to do with the settings now

wasbir2000

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Bug alert - AI base difficulty changes for timing, wicket chance, run rate etc in all modes ( rookie, legend or pro) although are saved in custom difficulty settings but in gameplay all values remain at 50.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Forgive me if it’s been asked already. How is it that I’ve changed my AI run rate slider to 18 in test matches and had 2 innings where England score between 4-5 per over in 20 overs and India score 200 odd in 50 overs? I generally have no clue what to do with the settings now
Which difficulty? It's important to give the relevant factors to help people give you an answer. The runrate has generally been reasonably high from the AI in tests and that's not really just been in this game, but the previous ones too. To be honest 4-5 an over is one of the lesser issues I've heard about in relation to AI runrate. If you have it set to 18, perhaps bring it down to about 10?

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Which difficulty? It's important to give the relevant factors to help people give you an answer. The runrate has generally been reasonably high from the AI in tests and that's not really just been in this game, but the previous ones too. To be honest 4-5 an over is one of the lesser issues I've heard about in relation to AI runrate. If you have it set to 18, perhaps bring it down to about 10?
both matches I played were on Veteran difficulty. I’m trying at 20 run rate right now and it’s still the same 4-5 runs. Ive seen people on Reddit say it was resolved a few days ago but it seems as if they’re getting the majority of their runs in boundaries no matter what I change the run rate to

Mr Snrub

International Coach
both matches I played were on Veteran difficulty. I’m trying at 20 run rate right now and it’s still the same 4-5 runs. Ive seen people on Reddit say it was resolved a few days ago but it seems as if they’re getting the majority of their runs in boundaries no matter what I change the run rate to
That definitely gives a better picture of what's happening. From what I've seen, what's been improved is the likelyhood of the AI hitting a boundary off the last ball has been decreased. Not sure if there's anything yet that changes the AI's approach to scoring variety. Possibly a good point to be made that the AI should have overs where they exploit the gaps in the field for singles and the occasional two's more often when in Tests etc, especially when the AI runrate is selected to be low.

Maximus

Club Captain
Thought there was something fishy going on with the AI 4th innings run chases in Cricket 19 and looks quite similar in 22. All I can say is be extremely careful when declaring or setting targets as chances are they will chase it down!

Check this out, I was Pakistan (legend AI) and was convinced I was going to lose this, wicket keeper dropped 3 chances off the spinner late on (no minigame so couldn't do anything about it) until they finally nicked one off a quickie.

Attachments

• screenshot 1.jpg
    screenshot 1.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 39

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@blockerdave @WealeyH how many infield dismissals are you guys getting? I got my first 2 infield catches when bowling to AI in the same match and it was also the first match I put AI base difficulty on Rookie and match difficulty on Easiest (whatever that does)

Both catches were fantastic and very realistic one hit hard to point and one a miscued legside slog down backward points throat. I was trying low settings to see if AI stop playing like they're on crack and managed to stop them at a total of 207-10

I find the dismissal variation and mentalities to be absolutely perfect.

Thought there was something fishy going on with the AI 4th innings run chases in Cricket 19 and looks quite similar in 22. All I can say is be extremely careful when declaring or setting targets as chances are they will chase it down!

Check this out, I was Pakistan (legend AI) and was convinced I was going to lose this, wicket keeper dropped 3 chances off the spinner late on (no minigame so couldn't do anything about it) until they finally nicked one off a quickie.

Yeah, it's almost like they are scripted to get close to the target whatever it is in the fourth innings.. It's very strange.

Jalen

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
That definitely gives a better picture of what's happening. From what I've seen, what's been improved is the likelyhood of the AI hitting a boundary off the last ball has been decreased. Not sure if there's anything yet that changes the AI's approach to scoring variety. Possibly a good point to be made that the AI should have overs where they exploit the gaps in the field for singles and the occasional two's more often when in Tests etc, especially when the AI runrate is selected to be low.
So what in your opinion do I do to get them around the average 3 rpo? the same Reddit post said that he had lowered The ai run rate and had the ai score 25 in 10 overs odd but when I drop the run rate they score 25 in the first 4-5. Is it a bug where my custom difficulty isn’t chosen or is the slider just not working?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread