Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
They seriously need to address these issues with batting for the love god...

-L1+L2 aggressive ground shot front foot late cut gives one knee ramp shot animation
-Weak front foot shots
-Game changing your shot regardless of your input for example if AI bowls a bouncer and you input front foot cover drive a cut shot comes out
-More variation in shot direction mainly for offside

Helpman

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is a new thing or its always been this way but I noticed when playing with Arcade batting my shot direction 'snaps' to the eight parts of the field so I cant place the shot into the gaps anymore... Sorry if this has been mentioned before. Thanks

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I know this wasn't addressed to me or to the PS5 questions, but Xbox and Xbox Series X are similar to PS4 and PS5, so I wanted to know what you meant by 'auto free keeping', do you mean we get the next-gen version for free if we own the old-gen game?
Post automatically merged:

Thank you, but I didn't see the PS5 version in my library when I logged in yesterday. Maybe I am missing something very simple. I was able to download FIFA PS5 version, but for Cricket 22 I only see the PS4 version downloadable. Maybe the store has it listed as free since I own the PS4 version already, will check that today.

Yes if you have xbox one x purchased version via abc account, later if you buy xbox series x and logon via abc account then you can download and play cricket 22 free. Thats smart delivery feature.

But if you buy ps5 then you have to purchase from psn store another game as both stores are different.

johanna

School Cricketer
Yes if you have xbox one x purchased version via abc account, later if you buy xbox series x and logon via abc account then you can download and play cricket 22 free. Thats smart delivery feature.

But if you buy ps5 then you have to purchase from psn store another game as both stores are different.
Oh... so Xbox gets free next-gen when they get on a newer console but Playstation next-gen upgrade costs? That's a bummer. It is kind of weird that they'd give a free upgrade on one and not the other, maybe it is in the works or maybe we are just misunderstanding something. Anyway, I guess I'll stick to the PS4 version till then. I was just curious as maybe the PS5 version might have fewer bugs with the game lol.

johanna

School Cricketer
Proof that Cricket 22 is closer to real-world simulation than we thought it was. If he had tapped the already stopped ball a yard away from the boundary line, stopped for a couple of seconds staring at the ad-boards, turned around ran towards the ball to collect it and then thrown it, it'd have been even more closer.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

but there is check , Its conditional based If runs are critical fielders will be quick in reality , but in cricket 22 for every moment condition they were slow and same speed .
Real fielders are more intelligent they know when to be fast and when to be slow .

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Oh... so Xbox gets free next-gen when they get on a newer console but Playstation next-gen upgrade costs? That's a bummer. It is kind of weird that they'd give a free upgrade on one and not the other, maybe it is in the works or maybe we are just misunderstanding something. Anyway, I guess I'll stick to the PS4 version till then. I was just curious as maybe the PS5 version might have fewer bugs with the game lol.
ps4 was definitely supposed to be upgrade free to ps5 - for people who pre-ordered at least.

i think the ps4/ps5 builds are broadly similar.

email Big Ant to find out about the upgrade/switchover

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Does that mean I will have to buy the PS5 version of the game if I want to play the next-gen version?
No, I recall Ross tweeting if you have PS4 you now get PS5 version ‘for free’
How that works in practise I don’t know though

International Coach
Haven't played the game but having seen steaming of a few games, overall the game looks extremely leg side dominated. Even the bowling lines of Ai are very leg side. Can someone clarify if this observation is true

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
Good too see frame rate there

Attachments

• CA91A59C-B211-454A-9816-D392A00D04D2.png
    CA91A59C-B211-454A-9816-D392A00D04D2.png
    432.3 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread