Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I certainly understand the disappointment of xbox users bro. But some of the responses in twitter by some users was really uncalled for.
I am really against those and not defending them.

Lets hope if we get game in playable condition soon.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
I've got 6m+ vcash that reckon you're gonna be sad by tea of day 5.

Still, it's an awesome set up. For a pitch that started heavily cracked, there's no way you should even be getting to day 5, let alone going deep into it. At least you've still got a good game out of it.

For reference, my Kolkata experiment is about to hit day 3, with me starting my 2nd innings about 30 ahead. The AI made about 80 with Stokes, everyone else was pretty suspect. At one point I think England were 37/4, it was very realistic ha

If I can set the AI 250+ to chase in the last innings I'll be happy, as with the amount of spin I'll be bowling, plus the well-known bat/pad and close catcher weaknesses, I may well be able to stop them in my game.

We shall see!

Inside edge onto foot, rinse repeat!

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Inside edge onto foot, rinse repeat!
Had 2 of those in the first innings. Tried to drop the second on purpose, messed up the mini-game.

Still caught it!

Some other stuff did catch my eye that I enjoyed a lot more.

This was one:

This was another:

Also, when I was wrapping up my first innings, I had Kohli at one end and Bumrah at the other. Kohli had passed 100 and faced 200+ balls. Bumrah was on 0. The AI went full defensive to Kohli, giving him a single pretty much anywhere with all but 2 fielders plus the keeper on the boundary.

When it got to ball 5 of the over, the field would come into the ring to stop me taking a single. This happened across about 4 or 5 overs.

Not sure I've seen the AI do it before. I liked it tho!

johanna

School Cricketer
If you set the game to easy or medium, for example, then that basically sets the base value to the default settings for easy or medium respectively.

If you then start increasing (or decreasing some) sliders then you're moving away from the preset values you originally selected & manually setting more difficult custom settings to those you're used to ;).

If you presently find medium a little too easy but hard still remains a little too difficult as well, try setting up your own set of custom slider settings, set medium by default & then very gradually increase the values of your usual base medium settings little by little & save the changes to your custom preset. Keep going until you feel you're potentially getting out a little too easily or too often & bring things back a notch, or ultimately, where you're most comfortable until your skills improve :).

Shout if ya still stuck & will directly PM some additional settings you could trial.
That makes sense, thank you! That is exactly what I was struggling with. That said if you do have some settings which you think a person wanting to play between medium/hard could make use of then do share it with me. I'll give it a whirl and maybe tweak it.

johanna

School Cricketer
You're essentially moving the slider to "hard" in this scenario regardless of originally choosing "easy" ;). The same applies for each additional slider for the custom presets, whether it's batting, bowling or fielding.

It may also help if you refer to your individual batting, bowling or fielding difficulty settings as custom presets or simply "X" presets, where X = batting/bowling/fielding.

Otherwise, use sliders to refer to the physics sliders, or sometimes for the rookie, amateur, pro, veteran or legend settings & their specific universal sliders too.

Hope that helps.
Makes sense. I first got to know about sliders from a thread called Around the world in 80 or something, I had all these questions to ask but the opening post said something like not to ask stupid questions so I just started experimenting on my own and ended up making the game unplayable at times or way too easy at others. So any template that anyone has would greatly help, there are so many sliders and I don't notice what half of the sliders do in-game, I understand the description but I do not see noticeable difference at all.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They were doing the warm up before the match in previous patches. Unless it's a different one
The warmup cut scenes seems to be linked with the ground you choose
Cut scenes can be seen even for a club game in career mode if you choose international stadiums (Ashes grounds) in Australia.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Makes sense. I first got to know about sliders from a thread called Around the world in 80 or something, I had all these questions to ask but the opening post said something like not to ask stupid questions so I just started experimenting on my own and ended up making the game unplayable at times or way too easy at others. So any template that anyone has would greatly help, there are so many sliders and I don't notice what half of the sliders do in-game, I understand the description but I do not see noticeable difference at all.
Apologies if you felt the thread wasn't very welcoming, I'll 100% take a look at the wording of the opening post and try to make it more accessible for anyone with slider questions. That is the aim of the thread, after all. It was just to ward off the "I want the best sliders" type posts, not to turn off people with genuine questions.

Funnily enough though, your question did come up on one of the pages of discussion, about how sliders work with regards to different difficulty levels.

I'm sure I read when I first came back to the forums (and I can't for the life of me find it or remember where), but it was @MattW who suggested that sliders are difficulty relative. Think of them as like a continuation of a scale.

So a slider of say, 30 on Legend, will be harder than a 75 on veteran, but it will be easier than the default difficulty of legend but still harder than anything you can do on veteran, if that makes sense.

How much difference there'd be between say, a setting on 99 of veteran and 1 on legend idk, but they should pretty much be next to each other on the "scale", as it were.

I am interested to read @Arctic_Wolf's description though, as I'm not 100% my knowledge of this area are correct!

EDIT

After re-reading Arctic's last description, I think I'm saying the same thing as him, just in a way less straight-forward way haha

Last edited:

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
6DFE6AFD-D6F6-4DD6-81ED-695FC267F5B5.jpeg
An ideal way to keep making us fool …. Hahahaha

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
It seems all planned and when no more excuses of failure then share xbox story and lastly said like waiting for jury ….

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Had 2 of those in the first innings. Tried to drop the second on purpose, messed up the mini-game.

Still caught it!

Some other stuff did catch my eye that I enjoyed a lot more.

This was one:

This was another:

Also, when I was wrapping up my first innings, I had Kohli at one end and Bumrah at the other. Kohli had passed 100 and faced 200+ balls. Bumrah was on 0. The AI went full defensive to Kohli, giving him a single pretty much anywhere with all but 2 fielders plus the keeper on the boundary.

When it got to ball 5 of the over, the field would come into the ring to stop me taking a single. This happened across about 4 or 5 overs.

Not sure I've seen the AI do it before. I liked it tho!

Nice to know that these moments are in there somewhere, albeit only to be teased out with extensive slider manipulation. With my minimal slider changes, in comparison to you, it really does feel like there are relatively few ways to dismiss batsmen and as many have suggested, the RNG is all too real.

I do wish there was a way to easily implement a bunch of sliders at once without having to change them all yourself. A slider importation tool for example but I guess a suggestion like that would be a long way down the track given how broken so many other things are.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Well, well WELL @Ken Tremendous @Rumple43 @Wavelberry @Langeveldt

The series is well and truly alive!Cricket 22 Screenshot 2021.12.21 - 15.46.55.05.png

Interesting that the AI couldnt handle the spinner. Does this mean that cracked = spinners paradise? These wernt the same dismissals onto the boot either, had a great variety. Smith working it round the conrner caught at leg slip. Couple of leg slide glances inside edged and caught by a diving burns. Broad got Warner LBW early and at 102-2 it looked like the usual 4th innings chase untill Root got Smith and it all unravelled.

Excellent variet in dismissals.

My main issue is in my head - Cracked = Like old school Perth where the seamers cause carnage and this was the opposite.

BUT its turned out to be an excellent game where 300 was too many as you would expect...

I think many of these pitches are coded wrongly and its something already been speaking to BA about!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Interesting. I've never had less than 430 in the final innings... I've actually never seen the AI get all out in the final innings in four test matches.

So what do you suggest, start with some cracks? fully cracked?

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I certainly understand the disappointment of xbox users bro. But some of the responses in twitter by some users was really uncalled for.

Completely agree, there's no need for the obvious aggression or open hostility many seem to think is acceptable on social media.

Its ok as that's his personal account so he can block whosoever he wants but point is if you fail to get update on specific stuff then frustration cant be on public, you must accept your own mistakes neither xbox uk standard gets too strict in one night nor you are developing game first time.

Also if BAS not updating then there must be any POC to clarify the concerns and there if you own start replying and later on block when you don't have answers. What we can say. Most importantly asking people have purchased your product and are not raising voice after getting it free.

Similarly if PS or PC didn't get any patch till today since launch what would the response then.

This is precisely why I institute an individual observation policy with issues like this on social media & if I do post I make absolutely certain that the original requests a user (i.e. Ross) may have stipulated are observed at all times, (i.e. not using Twitter to report bugs). Ignoring simple requests like those does just add to a workload as he'll still read the post before immediately blocking it which helps nobody & gains nothing. (I'm not saying you're at fault there either mate, it's just my policy in these circumstances rather than becoming a part of a problem ;).)

It often doesn't take long before a mob mentality over rules typical subjective reasoning where one or both sides of a viewpoint may well actually be right, but it's the aggressive mob use of a social media feed like that, that often leads to unnecessary friction.

Many users here have undoubtedly experienced & observed many issues, have legitimate gripes, & some hard questions are being raised as a result. Still, not one person has crossed a line here despite the current status unlike social media where some seem to think it's acceptable to push the limits, or push their luck.

BA do & will accept hard criticism via their support system or via other means & they certainly understand that consumers can become frustrated & openly voice that frustration at times like this. (It doesn't hurt to add an occasional apology for any displayed frustration to a support ticket though. I've certainly added one or two in the past regarding C19 after simultaneously posting bug reports to this forum & their support system too lol ;).) They accept it happens as long as that criticism doesn't become anything more.

Perhaps he'll also consider unblocking some users if, as & when things eventually start to settle back down again? (Or not lol. No second innings for you ;). )

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Interesting. I've never had less than 430 in the final innings... I've actually never seen the AI get all out in the final innings in four test matches.

So what do you suggest, start with some cracks? fully cracked?

I’ll be honest I don’t think Iv ever started with a fully cracked pitch..

From memory I think many of these pitches are coded to get better to bat on rather than worse. It’s something being talked about..

BUT at least that was a positive.

If that was Nathan Lyon Day 4/5 with AI chasing 306 you couldn’t get more realistic.

it’s just not what I thought the pitch would do.. I was expecting seamers paradise like I said.

Users who are viewing this thread