Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Same for India too actually. I thought the Xbox patch fixed these issues. Is that not the case?
Has anyone been able to download South Africa team? I'm on Xbox but despite using the update all option, I don't have SA. Tried searching for the team in academy but the search doesn't end. Tried searching for waste but no SA in first fetch and game crashes for next fetch.

Any workarounds that we are aware of?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I decided to ask PlayStation for a refund for Cricket 22. Waiting to hear from them.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
I decided to ask PlayStation for a refund for Cricket 22. Waiting to hear from them.
It's my personal opinion, but I really think game is way better than C19. This game really has the potential, instead of asking for a refund wait for few more days. Now since xbox fiasco is ended. They can really focus on other outstanding issues and patch the game.

If you still want to ask for a refund kindly do it without publicising. As it may also make others follow the same route. Don't want big ant to stop patches because of people are leaving the game. Because this really has the potential to be the game most of us wanted.

We have waited this long, couple more weeks and we might really reap the fruits of this. Just a food for thought.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It's my personal opinion, but I really think game is way better than C19. This game really has the potential, instead of asking for a refund wait for few more days. Now since xbox fiasco is ended. They can really focus on other outstanding issues and patch the game.

If you still want to ask for a refund kindly do it without publicising. As it may also make others follow the same route. Don't want big ant to stop patches because of people are leaving the game. Because this really has the potential to be the game most of us wanted.

We have waited this long, couple more weeks and we might really reap the fruits of this. Just a food for thought.
You might be right but I supported them all along. Like you said, the gameplay is just brilliant. But the other bugs are making me not wanting to play the game. Even after almost a month we can’t customize the lineups properly or play a lofted shot over cover. The frame rates are suffering too. It was just as if I was playing just to find the bugs and report it. If I am getting the refund I am gonna take it for now and maybe buy it later if the game is patched and is in a decent enough condition.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
You might be right but I supported them all along. Like you said, the gameplay is just brilliant. But the other bugs are making me not wanting to play the game. Even after almost a month we can’t customize the lineups properly or play a lofted shot over cover. The frame rates are suffering too. It was just as if I was playing just to find the bugs and report it. If I am getting the refund I am gonna take it for now and maybe buy it later if the game is patched and is in a decent enough condition.
They’re looking into the lineups. Cant knock their support and also with Christmas it will inevitably slow.

Dmayne

School Cricketer

I think people should freely be able to publicise that? Can't speak for PlayStation for on Xbox, it was completely unfinished with a lot of placeholder assets and not functioning game systems. It's what you may expect from an early access game, not a claim that is titled as full release.

Big Ant are let off the hook massively by the fact that the majority of us are desperate for decent cricket games (which they have shown they can do), so we are far more lenient with them. I said it before but it was released in an even worse state than something like Cyberpunk.

Again, this is all from an Xbox perspective but the patch has just brought up to where it should have been months before release now, whereby the assets are in and the systems work. Unfortunately it's still crippled with bugs (much of these from previous games or were present at launch in previous iterations) and issues with said systems that leaves the game in state that wouldn't be acceptable for launch, let alone 10 patches later.

No doubt the pandemic makes things harder but it doesn't sit right with me that the CEO is on twitter saying how hard they're working but then posting photos of him at the Boxing Day test? He's overseen yet another bad launch whilst his consumers are sitting there having spent £60 on what is basically a defective product. Wouldn't get away with that in any other industry.

To be quite frank, if people are asking for a refund and that's it, Big Ant have got off incredibly lightly. And I'm saying all this as somebody who isn't even angry or annoyed about it, just disappointed it's happened again.

Nashefc

School Cricketer
Hi all. Anyone noticed on the match setting during career is just sticks on easy? I keep selecting hard but every new match it’s back to easy. Is there anywhere to fix this or another bug?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
I think people should freely be able to publicise that? Can't speak for PlayStation for on Xbox, it was completely unfinished with a lot of placeholder assets and not functioning game systems. It's what you may expect from an early access game, not a claim that is titled as full release.

Big Ant are let off the hook massively by the fact that the majority of us are desperate for decent cricket games (which they have shown they can do), so we are far more lenient with them. I said it before but it was released in an even worse state than something like Cyberpunk.

Again, this is all from an Xbox perspective but the patch has just brought up to where it should have been months before release now, whereby the assets are in and the systems work. Unfortunately it's still crippled with bugs (much of these from previous games or were present at launch in previous iterations) and issues with said systems that leaves the game in state that wouldn't be acceptable for launch, let alone 10 patches later.

No doubt the pandemic makes things harder but it doesn't sit right with me that the CEO is on twitter saying how hard they're working but then posting photos of him at the Boxing Day test? He's overseen yet another bad launch whilst his consumers are sitting there having spent £60 on what is basically a defective product. Wouldn't get away with that in any other industry.

To be quite frank, if people are asking for a refund and that's it, Big Ant have got off incredibly lightly. And I'm saying all this as somebody who isn't even angry or annoyed about it, just disappointed it's happened again.
Yeah, the quality is far from what's expected from a finished game.

What is more appalling is the removal of features that were present and working in cricket 19. E.g. tours.

Honestly, I don't see an obvious addition in cricket 22 from previous edition but the removal of features are quite obvious. Not to mention the obvious stability issues and whatever is going on with the academy.

I'm willing to wait instead of going for a refund but then it shouldn't have come to this. It is a rushed game with obvious flaws and If Big Ant doesn't see it like this, they are in denial.

If only there was some competition to BA.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Yeah, the quality is far from what's expected from a finished game.

What is more appalling is the removal of features that were present and working in cricket 19. E.g. tours.

Honestly, I don't see an obvious addition in cricket 22 from previous edition but the removal of features are quite obvious. Not to mention the obvious stability issues and whatever is going on with the academy.

I'm willing to wait instead of going for a refund but then it shouldn't have come to this. It is a rushed game with obvious flaws and If Big Ant doesn't see it like this, they are in denial.

If only there was some competition to BA.
I do know about the cut scenes in career mode but honestly they are underwhelming.

Adding a disclaimer for the fan boys that seem to pounce on anything that doesn't fit their narrative.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I do know about the cut scenes in career mode but honestly they are underwhelming.

Adding a disclaimer for the fan boys that seem to pounce on anything that doesn't fit their narrative.

Any improvement is cosmetic. Animations and a few cut scenes in career. The gameplay is the same and potentially worse if you consider the fielding etc.

It would be ridiculous to say this is an upgrade on 19. BA know it’s not where it should be.

That being said it will get there I think..

TommoN

Club Captain
Had a few days to try the gameplay after getting it at Christmas. Haven’t ventured into career mode yet as I’m waiting for the English county teams to be created by someone more talented than I!

My initial feeling is that I’m pretty happy with things so far, there’s a few things that need to be patched but overall I’m liking what I’m seeing. Sorry if the following is rambling!

Positives

The AI Test Batsmen

In terms of test matches, I’ve been really impressed so far at how the opposition batsmen go about scoring runs when I’m in the field. Playing an ashes series and it’s been very interesting to see how they go about taking on my spinner.

Unlike the last game where a good spell would see them just play the exact same shot before eventually nicking one to bat pad, they actually try to put the pressure back on. Dropping it into the off side for singles constantly and making me change my field to try and dry it up, it actually felt like I had to try and actively think of ways to stop them. In a similar vein, when the pitch is flat and they’re seriously on top, they look to take my spinner on, whack him down the ground and make me set a defensive field so they can then milk the singles.

I’ve also found that edges actually carry in this . Hallelujah!

White Ball Bowling

Ive also been playing the 100 and there has been big improvements with how the AI go after me.

In the last iteration I felt like all I had to do was set 4 men on the boundary between deep square and long on, bowl straight and they’d score at 3 an over by only playing orthodox shots and I’d barely pick up wickets, yet still hold them to a low score. Whereas now they actively target the gaps in the field like they do in real life despite it not being the optimal shot. This had led to a more realistic scenario where they score quicker but also give you chances. There’s been a few times where I’ve left out fine leg/third man and they’ve torn me apart by being clever. Often the bat will step outside leg and flick through fine leg, which also leads to the odd edge/playing on wicket.

Batting Engine

Have only batted a couple of times so far but once again there’s been improvement I feel. I can no longer unrealistically drag a ball from outside off to the leg side as a left-hander. Length balls outside off can’t just be driven through the offside or clipped through midwicket without risking your wicket which is good. Also I feel like playing spinners off the back foot is fixed, in the last game it was so incredibly risky despite almost being like a free hit in real life.

In limited Over cricket I feel like a you are rewarded for playing the proper shot. Eg last game trying to hit straight length balls over cow corner was a lot riskier than it is in real life due to the awkward mechanics. It feels a lot more fluid and realistic

Negatives

Hitting The Stumps

From my limited experience of bowling in Australia for the ashes, I’m still finding length a problem. Length balls from both spinners and seamers go way over the top which is understandable given that happens in real life.

However I’m finding that even if I go full (Y on Xbox) the balls still miss the stumps by an inch or so height wise. This leads to a lack of bowled/LBWs. I’ve been given a few by the umpire but as soon as they review it’s obviously not out as I already know I can’t physically Bowl a ball that hits the stumps unless I go for Yorkers

I will investigate further on pitches that aren’t hard but it was admittedly disappointing.

WicketKeepers

Still finding issues with keepers left over from the last game. Teleporting, diving where they have no right to get to. Not moving at all in some instances. Won’t go on about this as it’s been well documented over the last 3 games!

That Awkward Pull Shot

I’ve you’ve seen GJWeavr play on YouTube you’ll know what I mean. Players seem to go through periods of playing this weird pull shot from a full length that is very unrealistic. IRL they might get away with it once before being LBW, but they can do it freely currently

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Had a few days to try the gameplay after getting it at Christmas. Haven’t ventured into career mode yet as I’m waiting for the English county teams to be created by someone more talented than I!

My initial feeling is that I’m pretty happy with things so far, there’s a few things that need to be patched but overall I’m liking what I’m seeing. Sorry if the following is rambling!

Positives

The AI Test Batsmen

In terms of test matches, I’ve been really impressed so far at how the opposition batsmen go about scoring runs when I’m in the field. Playing an ashes series and it’s been very interesting to see how they go about taking on my spinner.

Unlike the last game where a good spell would see them just play the exact same shot before eventually nicking one to bat pad, they actually try to put the pressure back on. Dropping it into the off side for singles constantly and making me change my field to try and dry it up, it actually felt like I had to try and actively think of ways to stop them. In a similar vein, when the pitch is flat and they’re seriously on top, they look to take my spinner on, whack him down the ground and make me set a defensive field so they can then milk the singles.

I’ve also found that edges actually carry in this . Hallelujah!

White Ball Bowling

Ive also been playing the 100 and there has been big improvements with how the AI go after me.

In the last iteration I felt like all I had to do was set 4 men on the boundary between deep square and long on, bowl straight and they’d score at 3 an over by only playing orthodox shots and I’d barely pick up wickets, yet still hold them to a low score. Whereas now they actively target the gaps in the field like they do in real life despite it not being the optimal shot. This had led to a more realistic scenario where they score quicker but also give you chances. There’s been a few times where I’ve left out fine leg/third man and they’ve torn me apart by being clever. Often the bat will step outside leg and flick through fine leg, which also leads to the odd edge/playing on wicket.

Batting Engine

Have only batted a couple of times so far but once again there’s been improvement I feel. I can no longer unrealistically drag a ball from outside off to the leg side as a left-hander. Length balls outside off can’t just be driven through the offside or clipped through midwicket without risking your wicket which is good. Also I feel like playing spinners off the back foot is fixed, in the last game it was so incredibly risky despite almost being like a free hit in real life.

In limited Over cricket I feel like a you are rewarded for playing the proper shot. Eg last game trying to hit straight length balls over cow corner was a lot riskier than it is in real life due to the awkward mechanics. It feels a lot more fluid and realistic

Negatives

Hitting The Stumps

From my limited experience of bowling in Australia for the ashes, I’m still finding length a problem. Length balls from both spinners and seamers go way over the top which is understandable given that happens in real life.

However I’m finding that even if I go full (Y on Xbox) the balls still miss the stumps by an inch or so height wise. This leads to a lack of bowled/LBWs. I’ve been given a few by the umpire but as soon as they review it’s obviously not out as I already know I can’t physically Bowl a ball that hits the stumps unless I go for Yorkers

I will investigate further on pitches that aren’t hard but it was admittedly disappointing.

WicketKeepers

Still finding issues with keepers left over from the last game. Teleporting, diving where they have no right to get to. Not moving at all in some instances. Won’t go on about this as it’s been well documented over the last 3 games!

That Awkward Pull Shot

I’ve you’ve seen GJWeavr play on YouTube you’ll know what I mean. Players seem to go through periods of playing this weird pull shot from a full length that is very unrealistic. IRL they might get away with it once before being LBW, but they can do it freely currently

That awkward pull shot… MAY be a thing of the past soon…..

soon…

TommoN

Club Captain
That awkward pull shot… MAY be a thing of the past soon…..

soon…
Excellent! Hadn’t caused me too many issues but understand it did for others.

Also: I believe I saw something about people being able to bring over kits/players from the last game at some point. Does anyone know when this will happen? Apologies if it’s been said before, I’m a bit out of the loop!

Users who are viewing this thread