Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Desai3

Club Cricketer
Yeh there is a massive imbalance in this game with regards to singles and twos. the AI fielding seems to be 5x quicker than when i field too.

The other thing annoying me with the game is the Run Rate. Im currently trying T20s at the moment, Windies vs England, and no matter what i do windies bat at about 10 per over when the slider is on 50 Run rate. It just feels like it's on rails.

There is never a time when i can keep them down at 2/3 in an over and build pressure for a few overs. There just feels like there is no ebb and flow to the game where the AI decide to dig in and rebuild, they are just totally programmed to hit the set RR per over and noting you do can impact it. is anyone else experiencing this?

If anyone has some settings they use for T20 i'd be keen to hear it. Or tactics for bowling/fields!
Yeh there is a massive imbalance in this game with regards to singles and twos. the AI fielding seems to be 5x quicker than when i field too.

The other thing annoying me with the game is the Run Rate. Im currently trying T20s at the moment, Windies vs England, and no matter what i do windies bat at about 10 per over when the slider is on 50 Run rate. It just feels like it's on rails.

There is never a time when i can keep them down at 2/3 in an over and build pressure for a few overs. There just feels like there is no ebb and flow to the game where the AI decide to dig in and rebuild, they are just totally programmed to hit the set RR per over and noting you do can impact it. is anyone else experiencing this?

If anyone has some settings they use for T20 i'd be keen to hear it. Or tactics for bowling/fields!
Yup! There are no technicalities when it comes to bowling. You plan and ball 6 bowls or you just bowl same 6 balls the amount of runs you get it is the same. Wickets also feels random. Not played anyother mode till now just talking about t20. I dont like this slider changing thing. Thats not how games should be. Currently playing on veteran.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
when we select overcast conditions it will rain after the game starts and play will be stopped. A cut scene for pitch cover is shown and clock ticking to show game stopped due to rain. Once the weather gets clear the cut scene will again show pitch cover getting removed and players are coming back on field. With dynamic weather and cut scene already present it is not difficult to implement
BLC 99 had this :yes :( :p

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it the case that you can't change the bowling actions of the licensed players like Pat Cummins? I could have sworn I changed his action slightly.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They also reduced the player kit options since DB17 so it's impossible to produce accurate historic Tests using the in-game tools - 1930s and 1950s Tests with cricket legends were a real highlight of earlier iterations. How long would it take to put these cosmetic changes back?

I realise there is only a small team but the game seems to be going backwards. I wonder how many people are actually working on development? Ross and his dog? This isn't really good enough for a premium price game - it's now in an unplayable state and the editor is a step backwards.
Even retro helmets and kits are not available. DBC 17 academy was so better

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
A0808478-C70A-4B9E-96D5-7C3FC4E149DD.png
I have seen this somewhere else too. Purely incidental if BA gets hurt

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is it the case that you can't change the bowling actions of the licensed players like Pat Cummins? I could have sworn I changed his action slightly.
Yup, any changes you make to the 'personality' of licenced players resets each time you restart the game. I reported it to BA about three weeks ago, still hasn't been fixed though.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Yup! There are no technicalities when it comes to bowling. You plan and ball 6 bowls or you just bowl same 6 balls the amount of runs you get it is the same. Wickets also feels random. Not played anyother mode till now just talking about t20. I dont like this slider changing thing. Thats not how games should be. Currently playing on veteran.

I think Bowler Skills matter and regularly changing the bowling side

azkhan

Associate Captain
Yes but we can only use custom stump during play now and can’t use it in competition or tour

I was able to use my custom stumps in my custom competitions. You need to re-assign and save the match type with your updated type in the competition designer section.

Hester

County Cricketer
They also reduced the player kit options since DB17 so it's impossible to produce accurate historic Tests using the in-game tools - 1930s and 1950s Tests with cricket legends were a real highlight of earlier iterations. How long would it take to put these cosmetic changes back?

I realise there is only a small team but the game seems to be going backwards. I wonder how many people are actually working on development? Ross and his dog? This isn't really good enough for a premium price game - it's now in an unplayable state and the editor is a step backwards.
It's probably a sales tactic. Remove things on from this year's game and only add them back in when they release the next game and have everyone all excited for 'new' features. EA have been doing it for years and it looks like NAMCO/Bigant will be following suit.
Post automatically merged:

Well i've bought AO Tennis 2 and TWT 2 (paid £11 for both) and seeing BAS with hands in two pies for tennis gives me hope and also frustrates the life of me given the engines games run off.

TWT2 is by far the most gorgeous looking sports game Big Ant have been a part of (playing on Series X) with fantastic player models and HDR lighting looking spectacular, AO 2 is running the Xbox One X version which isn't quite as sharp looking and misses the same settings as the Series X version of TWT2.

I know TWT2 is a different game which Big Ant had to basically come in and salvage from the mess of its prequel, but I hope going forward we can see their sports games use that engine and graphical capability over the AO/Cricket engine which looks dreadful by comparison. They can do so much more with their games and what we have is so sub-par it's grating.
TWT2 is a monstrosity. An abomination of a tennis game. It's not even as good as tennis games from 10 years ago. It was a disgrace at release and it's barely any better now.

Hester

County Cricketer
People are way too excited about the bowling and batting actions in this game. Steve Smith is the best example. His batting action is nothing like real life and 50% of the AI batsmen will use it. It's like no one has ever seen Steve Smith bat because his action is totally different to in-game. In real life, he moves his pads straight on. In the game, he bends his knees and sticks his arse out. Ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread