Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Have you tried deleting an older save -- in the past consoles limited the amount of "save space" allowed in folders.... so for example only 5 saved games for tour, 3 for online etc etc... if you have older saves you not using try deleting one and see if you can create a new one.

or did you just do a re-install as you said you were going to? eish u not having a good time at all are you...

Lol, nope ;).

I only currently have 1 x test save & 1 x ODI saved so it's not the save space issue. I've previously had more than 5 saved games etc. too.

I just don't know, it seems to be a never ending bugfest & while it's not at all unexpected for the different platforms to experience very different bugs, the concern is those on the same platform often seem to experience different bugs too.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Anyone on Steam able to download Llewellyn's updated SA domestic teams? I've tried pre patch, post patch and downloading the bats separately but everytime it crashes to desktop.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Anyone on Steam able to download Llewellyn's updated SA domestic teams? I've tried pre patch, post patch and downloading the bats separately but everytime it crashes to desktop.
That's it I quit.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'm really confused about the proficiency system... I've just created a player I want to be a very fast bowler, so why can I only add one star to his bowling speed proficiency? He has three stars for length and line accuracy. Yet I can add all the stars (except one) to his fielding proficiency.. How on earth does this all work?

Yet default Cameron Green has four stars for all his bowling proficiencies... So confused @blockerdave @WealeyH

Last edited:

azkhan

Associate Captain
I have had issues with Llewellyn's teams on PS4. Whenever I browse the team e.g. looking at the squads or kits it always crashing. Haven't tried on the new patch yet, so will try again today.

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is getting wickets with spin bowling easier than pace bowling? Anybody experienced this specially in Career mode?

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Is getting wickets with spin bowling easier than pace bowling? Anybody experienced this specially in Career mode?
I think in General it is however I've bowled fast bowler on Green tops even standard and got wickets also depends on what level you are on if you are hard mode yes it can be difficult but it doesn't mean you cant get wickets as a fast bowler. Also just like real life change your field or go around the wicket vary your pace with slower balls bowl a bouncer then a Yorker because if you keep bowler the same ball the batsman will pick it up and u become predictable. so be varied with your delivers and keep the batsman guessing and try to bowl dot balls if u are not getting wickets and sooner or later the batsman will make a mistake

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
That's it I quit.

I've been tweaking the likenesses for the Associate teams and adding bats, sleeves, glasses etc for weeks to eventually upload and it really does make you wonder what the actual bloody point is.

Stadium creator now has rope sponsors and we have the bowling action of that world class cricketer Sheldon Cotterell so that's all good right.......

Abcd9994

Club Captain
Aaaand........ They've completely ignored the worst of the broken shots so a back foot square drive/cut through the cover point to backward point region are still busted & weren't fixed after all, (on an Xbox at least).

7 weeks post release & here we all are still stuck with fundamental cricket shots just not working with no apparent priority to fix them anytime soon. Bowling absolutely sucks with the defaults & that's now at least another week (minimum) with the same broken shots limiting choice/functionality for the batting too.

What's the point if it's a busted mess & not all the shots work while they continue to prioritise low importance aesthetics? (At least the stadium creator got rope sponsors & there's another bowling action prioritised over broken fundamentals yet again.)

It's absolutely flabbergasting to ignore shots that have been broken for weeks & affects absolutely everyone, to instead push out "rope sponsors" & another bowling action.
[Steam latest patch, batting on arcade controls, feedback applicable while playing against pace bowlers only, not sure what happens when facing spinners]

Yes I am also confirmed now that this is an issue. Here's what I found:

There is a backfoot cut shot animation in the game, and you can play it. But it will only execute if the ball is far, far wide outside off stump. As it gets closer, e.g. 6th stump line, computer simply executes guide to third man shot.

As a result, when playing off the back foot, it gets really difficult to find the gap between cover and point.

In my opinion, it is not the cut shot that's missing, it's the backfoot drive/punch. This is just my personal perhaps less educated opinion, I might be wrong as well. It could well be that the "not able to find gap between cover and point against pace bowlers" issue was fixed for front foot play, the back foot play remained broken.

Beefybeef66

Club Captain
I'm really confused about the proficiency system... I've just created a player I want to be a very fast bowler, so why can I only add one star to his bowling speed proficiency? He has three stars for length and line accuracy. Yet I can add all the stars (except one) to his fielding proficiency.. How on earth does this all work?

Yet default Cameron Green has four stars for all his bowling proficiencies... So confused @blockerdave @WealeyH
It seems that there is a limited pool of points for bowling proficiencies for a custom player ( but not for batting or fielding). A bug perhaps?

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Has the patch made it more difficult to hit lofted shots in first class and Test matches? It had become far too easy in recent patches leading to unrealistic run rates for both human and AI players

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
[Steam latest patch, batting on arcade controls, feedback applicable while playing against pace bowlers only, not sure what happens when facing spinners]

Yes I am also confirmed now that this is an issue. Here's what I found:

There is a backfoot cut shot animation in the game, and you can play it. But it will only execute if the ball is far, far wide outside off stump. As it gets closer, e.g. 6th stump line, computer simply executes guide to third man shot.

As a result, when playing off the back foot, it gets really difficult to find the gap between cover and point.

In my opinion, it is not the cut shot that's missing, it's the backfoot drive/punch. This is just my personal perhaps less educated opinion, I might be wrong as well. It could well be that the "not able to find gap between cover and point against pace bowlers" issue was fixed for front foot play, the back foot play remained broken.

Indeed, normal grounded or even lofted back foot drives & cuts are working fine against spinners. Except, however, a lofted back foot cut against a spinner towards the third man region is definitely broken too as they never get above head height in the same manner the lofted cover drives were broken for 5 weeks.

It's definitely the back foot square drive/punch that's broken against pace bowlers as the shot was previously working perfectly well on release & up until approx 3 weeks ago. It was also one of the most commonly used shots in C19 etc. (A lofted back foot drive seems to work through cover point, although it has the same issue as the cover drive also had where it rarely gets above head height so it's often caught if attempted. The back foot drive/punch also works straight, through mid off & sometimes as far round as extra cover. Played squarer the game is just broken, period ).

Yes, I'm seeing the exact same symptoms where a back foot drive through cover point to backwards point is attempted but the game glitches & incorrectly shows the animation for an incredibly weak back foot square cut that always pings off the bat directly to the backwards point/gully region which is almost always manned in every format.

Yes, if a delivery is also quite wide of the stumps (nearing the wide markers) it then plays a forward square back foot cut through the cover point region which while risky isn't an entirely impossible or uncommon shot of itself. (The same issues were present when the cover drive was completely broken in that a very wide delivery could still be squarely driven through the backward point region but the main mechanics remained broken.)

Same problem as the broken cover drives & lofted cover drives, just a different fundamental shot affected in this instance & a different field quadrant instead this time around too.

Like others I'm actually not far from the point of just giving up now. The fact that this has cost £50, it's still busted & they're pushing "niche aesthetics" just adds further insult to an already significant injury. It's become a seriously annoying & somewhat costly bad bloody joke.

I'm spending as much time down, resetting & starting over, looking for workarounds to ridiculous issues, or entering lists of bloody bug reports for critical issues & for what? Yet they plain ignore important issues again to add in rope sponsors which is incredibly low priority in the grand scheme whichever way you slice it. What does a rope sponsor or a bowling action fix when everyone is waiting for fixes to broken shots/mechanics & have been since release?

Those with an absolute passion & the outright talent to create some amazing stadiums, equipment & faces etc. are undoubtedly a very rare commodity. (I'm not for one moment intimating that they should be marginalized or left out as their work on stadiums or kits etc. literally changes the face of the game for the better :).) Yet again, it's simply a matter of priorities & bloody rope sponsors or another bowling action were hardly critical issues that required such immediate attention. Vs what's clearly broken with mechanics, shots & physics, a swiss cheese career mode, they certainly could have waited.

Users who are viewing this thread