Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
After the patch, when playing on hard mode it is impossible to get an IDEAL release of the ball with both pace and spin bowling. bug raised.

Wickets keepers catching edges now! woo! and the yellow field icons are great.

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
You need to hold D-Pad down to hide the hud.
To shine the ball, just tap it.
Tap while batting to show/hide hud, tap while bowling to shine ball. As with C19, there's no toggle while bowling, due to the lack of spare buttons on the controller, maybe a long press might be a way of doing that - but it's not how it works at the moment.

Ps5 patch 2 feb patch.
No sliders, settings.
New test match, no stadium crowd sound, not even when hitting a boundary.
Bat, ball, running in sound ok. But feels like playing in the park, dead silence.
Which ground/teams were you playing with?

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Very early observations on ps5
Visuals! Wow! Lighting! Shadows!
Even the trees that looked like cricket19s bad origami, look like trees now!
Fielding seems much improved.
3rd ball I smacked a proper back foot cut to the boundary for 4 between point and gully.

edit: AI coming up with very responsive field changes. Some might call it reactive, but I’m batting with the tail in career, and they are doing a great job of restricting me. None of this changing the whole field every ball, but plugging singles im taking over the course of several overs.
Eg: I had taken a few last ball singles down to fine leg over a couple of overs, in the third over I tried again and they’d moved him up inside the circle.
Already plenty of little things like these

Last edited:

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Stadium editor is also crashing for me when I load custom stadia (on PS4)
Have you got an example of a stadium you have had this issue on? Had QA try it and they were able to load in to a number they already had.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Very early observations on ps5
Visuals! Wow! Lighting! Shadows!
Even the trees that looked like cricket19s bad origami, look like trees now!
Fielding seems much improved.
3rd ball I smacked a proper back foot cut to the boundary for 4 between point and gully.

edit: AI coming up with very responsive field changes. Some might call it reactive, but I’m batting with the tail in career, and they are doing a great job of restricting me. None of this changing the whole field every ball, but plugging singles im taking over the course of several overs.
Eg: I had taken a few last ball singles down to fine leg over a couple of overs, in the third over I tried again and they’d moved him up inside the circle.
Already plenty of little things like these

Agree with a lot of that but I'm finding that the AI are changing the field every single ball in career when I'm batting.

Also is it normal to get all 4 sponsor slots filled just before your first career pro game?

Rowdoss

Club Captain
at this point its really obvious there is something broken with run rate. its like shaking a bottle of fizzy drink, the AI simply has to explode on the last ball to satisfy the game
Maybe after 5 perfect balls the AI has confidence it knows where you’re going to put the 6th, and deals with it accordingly…? :lol
But I’ve been lucky enough to rarely if ever encounter this last ball 6 thing since using Rumples sliders and a few tweaks of my own. Granted I’ve played a lot more test and first class than short form at this point.

Agree with a lot of that but I'm finding that the AI are changing the field every single ball in career when I'm batting.

Also is it normal to get all 4 sponsor slots filled just before your first career pro game?
Don’t think so
Took me a few games of my domestic career (second season) to get one.

Last edited:

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Matt W you and the colleagues are doing great with the patches and i understand all the bugs nd glitches are a priority and that's fair enough can u please tell us Roughly when HOT SPOT is being put back into the game i know its will and do u K now if New Zealand Stadiums will eventually be in the game as the New Zealand team is licensed I know that a lot of the New Zealand Grounds are not owned by new Zealand cricket can u please Reply to me about this many thanks

Plotinus

Associate Captain
Played with latest patch in Career Mode. Generally felt a lot better than it did before. Can now drive through extra cover again and wicket keeper will take catches when standing up to the stumps. Still no stumpings possible and the overthrow issue where fielders just stand and ignore the ball as it saunters to the boundary rope is still present (though I only saw this once in a first class match which is a lot less than normal).
I did go back and play DB17 and Cricket 19 yesterday just to see how far things have come and, although DB17 had a lot going for it, I think Cricket 22 is still the best game of the series. Bowling and batting in pro-cam is far better in Cricket 22 that other iterations...I didn't realise this improvement until going back to previous games (and bowling in pro-cam wasn't even an option in DB17). I think legspin bowling has been well implemented and would only ask for stumpings to be brought back (and therefore advancing shots) and more outfield catches. The close catches are generally good but I would be happy for more of those harder close catches to go down. I still want a few spectacular takes with close fielders but at the moment they seem to catch anything they go for.
So, I think gameplay seems to be moving in the right direction. My main gripe, still, is all the rest of Career Mode...it seems so easy to get this right but the design and implementation have completely missed this time round.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Matt W you and the colleagues are doing great with the patches and i understand all the bugs nd glitches are a priority and that's fair enough can u please tell us Roughly when HOT SPOT is being put back into the game i know its will and do u K now if New Zealand Stadiums will eventually be in the game as the New Zealand team is licensed I know that a lot of the New Zealand Grounds are not owned by new Zealand cricket can u please Reply to me about this many thanks
I don't have an estimate on either. With the thermal camera stuff - turns out this goes fairly deep into the graphics changes made as part of the game being updated for next-gen - so isn't a quick thing to turn back on. With NZ stadiums, I don't know - with some of them the stadiums have been made by Big Ant in the past for other titles, so would be relatively quick to get into game, but it all depends on appropriate rights and clearances that I don't have any insight into.

runner4life

Club Captain
I don't have an estimate on either. With the thermal camera stuff - turns out this goes fairly deep into the graphics changes made as part of the game being updated for next-gen - so isn't a quick thing to turn back on. With NZ stadiums, I don't know - with some of them the stadiums have been made by Big Ant in the past for other titles, so would be relatively quick to get into game, but it all depends on appropriate rights and clearances that I don't have any insight into.
Things take time. History says we'll be happy soon enough!

Ray tracing?? I see the option in the config settings....but doesn't appear to do anything. Any insight?

Users who are viewing this thread