Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I suppose I'm glad you're happier with it, but I'm certainly not aware of there being any ball physics changes in the patch.
I thought I might’ve imagined it until I saw these posts. But I swear I saw the ball curve more than a little on a replay of me flicking the ball off my pads past square leg just now..? But as I said, saw it only briefly and couldn’t say for certain. It looked very much like it should’ve in real life, curving from square leg to a fine leg direction, subtle but realistic.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Career mode freezes and have to hard reboot pc. Congrats BA

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have you all noticed that the bowler and keeper hardly collects any balls from fielders. They just stand there and let the ball hit on their body or go past them. I had 3 overthrows inside 10 overs in an odi game. From where it looked they were heading in the right direction, I should say this is really frustrating. This is a 2 month old game and still has frustrating bugs and an unplayable frame rate for ps4 users like me. It is looking like a perfect game is 200 patches away.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have you all noticed that the bowler and keeper hardly collects any balls from fielders. They just stand there and let the ball hit on their body or go past them. I had 3 overthrows inside 10 overs in an odi game. From where it looked they were heading in the right direction, I should say this is really frustrating. This is a 2 month old game and still has frustrating bugs and an unplayable frame rate for ps4 users like me. It is looking like a perfect game is 200 patches away.
same issue faced by me as well while plyaing 1st t20 game

@MattW can you please check this issue as bowler or keeper don't collect ball after fielder throws ball towards him, causing overthrow or if ball hit the body even you can take quick single as well

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
same issue faced by me as well while plyaing 1st t20 game

@MattW can you please check this issue as bowler or keeper don't collect ball after fielder throws ball towards him, causing overthrow or if ball hit the body even you can take quick single as well
Yes noticed that as well.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Advice I'd give is to remember that there's two throw buttons - A/:psx: which does a throw to the 'stump guard' - which is a safer return, while B/:pss: does a throw to aim for the stumps. If you choose the throw at stumps, which has a higher likelihood of overthrows.

While this isn't the explanation for all overthrows cases of bad fielding - using the right button for the risk you want to take with your throw will help.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Have not seen this at all
I thought the opposite in fact, that it had been greatly improved.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Advice I'd give is to remember that there's two throw buttons - A/:psx: which does a throw to the 'stump guard' - which is a safer return, while B/:pss: does a throw to aim for the stumps. If you choose the throw at stumps, which has a higher likelihood of overthrows.

While this isn't the explanation for all overthrows cases of bad fielding - using the right button for the risk you want to take with your throw will help.
I have the fielding set to fully automatic. The bowler and keeper bug is clearly visible. Happens at least once in an over

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I have the fielding set to fully automatic. The bowler and keeper bug is clearly visible. Happens at least once in an over
That's helpful extra information, might explain why you're getting a different experience to others. I'll make a note of that and get someone to check it out.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Some thoughts on the patch after a long play last night.

Basically, best patch in ages.
  • Lighting feels much more varied, it's really turning into a beautiful looking game.
  • Batting feels more fluid and there is definitely more variation in terms of shot power. I'm getting much more by way of 2s and 3s.
  • Fielders seem much more alive, diving to stop the ball now etc, fewer instances of running around it or past it from what I've seen. The keeper has woken from his slumber also.
  • The academy works.
  • The ball feels like it's coming onto the bat harder. I don't know if they've changed the default sliders again or anything but something feels different to me.
To consider
  • Fielder diving is a little excessive, there are some instances which are just comical, physically diving out of the way of the ball etc but overall the inclusion is step forward.
  • Left arm bowlers to right handed batsmen and vice versa is still too legside.
  • Throws from the boundary aren't gathered by the wicket keeper. I've not seen overthrows yet but I gather others have.
  • AI bowling changes are way too frequent in long format games.
  • AI field setting needs considerable work. Sometimes they change the field every ball and the fields really don't represent match situations very well (ie 3 slips when I'm 150* and the ball is 70 overs old).
  • Should I have gotten all of my sponsor slots filled just before my Leicestershire debut? Should this be the case? @MattW
All in all this patch is a massive step forward gameplay-wise IMHO. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Quite enjoyed this moment also as I mistimed a hook and the keeper, knowing he couldn't reach it, just watched it sail over his head.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 094133.png

D

Deleted member 185125

Played 3 overs after almost two weeks. AI dropped a catch within the circle, by allowing the ball hit his body even without attempting for the catch. AI wicket keeper doesn't even attempt to gather the ball at times. See you guys after a month.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Seems like commentary has improved too (not sure if it’s with this patch or one of the previous patches). It’s still repetitive (that will always be the case with sports games) but atleast now it’s more accurately depicting what’s happened on the screen than some random lines

angad

Chairman of Consent
May I add, fielding still needs a major overhaul. All the good work by the fielder and then the throw comes in and the bowler collects the ball facing the opposite direction to where the ball is coming in from! Makes it look so wierd. Just have the bowler face the direction from where the throw is coming from at all times

Users who are viewing this thread