Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
That's helpful extra information, might explain why you're getting a different experience to others. I'll make a note of that and get someone to check it out.
Appreciate that. Thanks

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Should I have gotten all of my sponsor slots filled just before my Leicestershire debut? Should this be the case? @MattW
It'd be common enough to have something in each slot if you've been performing really well in the matches to get to that point, just you shouldn't have the highest level of sponsorship that early.

A lot of those other points on your list there are in the process of being looked at, so hopefully patches in the future can make some good improvements on those, just don't have any time estimates on those just yet.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
There is no point in bowling in this game I think. Second edge goes down in 3 overs in the same fashion. @MattW Could you guys do a hotfix on this because it is really annoying.
IMG20220203160217.jpg

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Thank you For answering my Questions last night Matt W appreciate that i know on online Mode with the settings you have Cloud and temperature will this be added to play now competition mode tour etc sometime soon ?

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is no point in bowling in this game I think. Second edge goes down in 3 overs in the same fashion. @MattW Could you guys do a hotfix on this because it is really annoying.
Yup this happens (as I said earlier) way too often, like 4 out of 5 balls in an over once.

What I feel is that the transition is too quick and not enough time is being given for player to react and sometimes it doesn't ask for input at all.

Since I play tests all the time, I don't mind it but those who play Limited overs may not be so lenient about missing so many catches.

Rowdoss

Club Captain
Overcast weather is gone now , don't know why? Any patch released again on PS5?
I’ve been playing all day on ps5 and had more overcast games than any other type.

There seems to be a huge discrepancy in what different people are seeing. I read most of these posts and I must be playing a different game. I’m sitting at home in Covid iso and playing hours of this but a lot of peoples experiences aren’t anything like what I’m seeing. It’s bizarre.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I’ve been playing all day on ps5 and had more overcast games than any other type.

There seems to be a huge discrepancy in what different people are seeing. I read most of these posts and I must be playing a different game. I’m sitting at home in Covid iso and playing hours of this but a lot of peoples experiences aren’t anything like what I’m seeing. It’s bizarre.
Any hotfix released on PS5 just after patch 1.0023. because I can't see it on my PS5 at present

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
  • AI bowling changes are way too frequent in long format games.
I'm seeing this a lot,all the test matches i've played the spinner is brought on before the 20th over.

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Some thoughts on the patch after a long play last night.

Basically, best patch in ages.
  • Lighting feels much more varied, it's really turning into a beautiful looking game.
  • Batting feels more fluid and there is definitely more variation in terms of shot power. I'm getting much more by way of 2s and 3s.
  • Fielders seem much more alive, diving to stop the ball now etc, fewer instances of running around it or past it from what I've seen. The keeper has woken from his slumber also.
  • The academy works.
  • The ball feels like it's coming onto the bat harder. I don't know if they've changed the default sliders again or anything but something feels different to me.
To consider
  • Fielder diving is a little excessive, there are some instances which are just comical, physically diving out of the way of the ball etc but overall the inclusion is step forward.
  • Left arm bowlers to right handed batsmen and vice versa is still too legside.
  • Throws from the boundary aren't gathered by the wicket keeper. I've not seen overthrows yet but I gather others have.
  • AI bowling changes are way too frequent in long format games.
  • AI field setting needs considerable work. Sometimes they change the field every ball and the fields really don't represent match situations very well (ie 3 slips when I'm 150* and the ball is 70 overs old).
  • Should I have gotten all of my sponsor slots filled just before my Leicestershire debut? Should this be the case? @MattW
All in all this patch is a massive step forward gameplay-wise IMHO. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Quite enjoyed this moment also as I mistimed a hook and the keeper, knowing he couldn't reach it, just watched it sail over his head.

View attachment 262954
Well sumarrised, couple of points to be added is AI picking a team full of fast bowlers even for Asian test macthes. Batting all rounder made bowl more than regular bowlers in test matches. If that's sorted too then game would be really enjoyable.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Any hotfix released on PS5 just after patch 1.0023. because I can't see it on my PS5 at present
I played the game in beautiful overcast weather and went to work, came from work and restarted the game from the saved but now super sunny weather. I can't even notice what happened. Thank you BA

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
is anybody else using "Hard" bowling on Ps5. I cannot get the release to stop in "IDEAL". Feels like a bug, but wonder if others can confirm?

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
If I had one priority for patching @MattW it would be to sort out AI bowling to left handed batsmen. They still bowl to leg stump far too often. That can sometimes be a legitimate defensive tactic, but not 10 overs into a Test match with an offside field.

PS 4 frame rates are still an issue for me at some custom stadia. I wonder if some assets are a particular problem (stands with very large crowds, multiple lighting sources, complex trees etc?)

angad

Chairman of Consent
This worth buying yet?!
Yes, it’s fun to play with. It still has a lot of issues for sure, but it has come really far as compared to when it was released. And it’s fun to play

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I played the game in beautiful overcast weather and went to work, came from work and restarted the game from the saved but now super sunny weather. I can't even notice what happened. Thank you BA
Can confirm that overcast conditions are working on ps4.

Users who are viewing this thread