Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Patch sounds good and looking forward to a bash tonight. I know gameplay is No1 but if they could fix one item in career for now it would be the ability to see the final standings/results/player stats when a competition finishes. I was 2nd in the player of the series and after my final game I had no way to see where my player finished.
Post automatically merged:

Has it released for xbox yet? two more hours until get home
Going on last few weeks, normally around 6pm UK

dudsyyy

School Cricketer
I just tried it and I was getting Perfect/Good but I don't look at the timing gauges. The window is very small, perhaps too small, but it is meant to be Hard.
On Medium I got Perfect/ Ideal five times out six. Perhaps you should stick to Medium.

this has nothing to do with my ability to stop the slider. Others have reported the same issue.

I have tested in Nets 100s of times and have not got a single "IDEAL" release. I can get "PERFECT" jump every single time. The release is the second part of the overall action when pace bowling.

If you press the button when the slider is in the "IDEAL" zone for release, the button press doesnt register and the slider thing goes off the top of the slider and gives you a "weak" release.

Its pretty obvious that this is broken, because if it wasnt, at the very least the white line slider would stop. But it doesnt register the button press at all.

As i've said previously, on medium it works. If you steadily increase the dificulty sliders to make it harder you reach a point where "IDEAL" is just not possible because the game doesnt register the button press.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Patch sounds good and looking forward to a bash tonight. I know gameplay is No1 but if they could fix one item in career for now it would be the ability to see the final standings/results/player stats when a competition finishes. I was 2nd in the player of the series and after my final game I had no way to see where my player finished.

If more people talk about world view tab and ability to view stored statistics of every competition and every player whenever we want then they might add it in the next few patches

hk613

School Cricketer

they should also add ability to choose between dynamic and standard lineups in career mode. too many weird names and playfaces down the road in career mode . community created players are of no use in career mode. @MattW

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Despite not mentioned in Patch notes, I hope they have added Fixed Far and close cameras for Batting in Nets (Career+ General) after raising repeated tickets...since playing with front on cameras in match whereas playing with a behind the batsman camera in nets makes no sense as once cannot get used to the same...and thus cannot increase batting skills points of career player by playing in the nets...

I hope it may be not that complicated to add the already existing cameras in nets for its better utility
@MattW would really appreciate if you could throw some light on this..
Thanks

The Fridge's Leg-Spin

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
How many overseas players is it alllowing to play in the match ?
You can change as you wish because you have the freedom to do so. Same thing with the IPL in game, you can play an entire squad of overseas players if you want. The realism factor depends on you. I played a match with 4 overseas lol.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
this has nothing to do with my ability to stop the slider. Others have reported the same issue.

I have tested in Nets 100s of times and have not got a single "IDEAL" release. I can get "PERFECT" jump every single time. The release is the second part of the overall action when pace bowling.

If you press the button when the slider is in the "IDEAL" zone for release, the button press doesnt register and the slider thing goes off the top of the slider and gives you a "weak" release.

Its pretty obvious that this is broken, because if it wasnt, at the very least the white line slider would stop. But it doesnt register the button press at all.

As i've said previously, on medium it works. If you steadily increase the dificulty sliders to make it harder you reach a point where "IDEAL" is just not possible because the game doesnt register the button press.
I raised ticket regarding this issue on PS5. But sadly it's not fixed. I think it's only on PS5.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW After the latest patch this has happened. As you can see the ball clearly carried to the fielder but there was no appeal from the AI and the play went on as nothing had happened. It was not a no ball nor a free hit.

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Steam
Played a full t20 match aus vs pak on green medium pitch and restricted pak 148 for 7 in 20 overs which was once 88-5 .... Both spinners and fast bowlers got the wicket with variety dismissals .... Also when batting the square cut shot animation seems a little improved now the batsman is guiding the ball towards point but still a full bat swing will be appreciable.. But still now it's not playing or looking like a complete late cut & Yes, night fps has been improved vastly for me.. There where no hiccups... In 1 hour gameplay i got positive vibes and shots were also looking balanced for both ai and player...

Also star player is not for career but it's there for competition....i may be wrong but i think selecting host nation in wc was also in last patch..... Pls correct me if i m wrong....
All in all one t20 which i played i enjoyed like previously when game was at its own best... Pls keep it up and refine more the basic elements like ,
different animation for square cut both grounded and lofted , not over powered backfoot cover punch, powerful slog sweeps, and a little powerful straight loft shot on full toss ball currently it's going a little too flat,
Advanced grounded shot, toggle status for advanced and aggressive grounded shot, etc.
On another note, today i enjoyed bowling a more but, Bowl was moving And ai was missing, hitting , getting bowled lbw and all.... Bowling was on medium difficulty worth all sliders with my personal setting...
I hope it to stay like it and improve from here...
Definitely Will play more and observe other things too...

There's one more thing which i found,
I needed 5 runs to win and i hit 4.. But score hua was still showing 5 runs to win...i took 1 run and won...
So a little glitch to check if any one else faced this.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah, my soft signal is not out.
I don't think the ball bounced at all. I checked a few times before posting it here

On a different note, tours created before the patch are crashing while trying to simulate or play a match. Creating a fresh tour is the only option it seems.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I don't think the ball bounced at all. I checked a few times before posting it here

On a different note, tours created before the patch are crashing while trying to simulate or play a match. Creating a fresh tour is the only option it seems.
I watched it again and it's difficult to tell with the camera moving around, but at 4 seconds it does look like it might bounce at full speed.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
3rd week of not being able to bowl on "hard" mode and attain an "ideal" release. This is beyond a joke now. (on ps5)

to replicate, choose jimmy anderson in nets, difficulty hard, try and get an "ideal" Release. The game simply doesnt register the button press.

@MattW is this being worked on? its a major problem as I have to play on medium bowling which is too easy.
I was annoyed by this too, found out if you put the timer release window from 19 to 40 it will let you get ideal.

Users who are viewing this thread