Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

hk613

School Cricketer
One more thing I would like to add regarding the batter keep tapping the ground , I think it is Style 3 or 4 where the batsmen keep looking at the ground where he is tapping his bat even when the bowler is just about to deliver the bowl but then the batsmen plays the shot normally , looks a bit odd but not a major concern. (Feels like I can hit you without even looking at you attitude , During the first few times when i was playing with my brother i was getting anxious and shouting out loud in my head "What the F you are doing mate the ball going to hit you hard" it was awesome though)

What about Slow Mo in this patch? Is it like old slow of play n miss or something new?
hey, can we play cricket 22 with other player ? like by connecting two controllers ? just like fifa..one player with one team...and other with second team....i have never tried it. is it possible ?

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
hey, can we play cricket 22 with other player ? like by connecting two controllers ? just like fifa..one player with one team...and other with second team....i have never tried it. is it possible ?
Yes it is possible. Couch multiplayer option is available , I think you need to press options on the second controller at the team selection menu.

hk613

School Cricketer
Yes it is possible. Couch multiplayer option is available , I think you need to press options on the second controller at the team selection menu.
Can u post an image of how it looks in-game ? Like is screen divided into two parts for batting and bowling or something else ?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Yes I agree. What I don't understand is why the problem has got worse. It was barely noticeable in DB17. It got worse in C19. Now it's got to the stage where it is so predictable as to be ridiculous. The fact it hasn't been corrected would suggest it's very difficult to fix and/or they aren't completely on top of the maths. I want to love this game but as a cricket tragic who values realism I just can't enjoy it at the moment .

Maybe it differs a bit by platform. I'm on PS4 playing on hard.
My experience of bowling in test cricket on Cricket 22 is no too different to Cricket 19.

One thing I did realise, while I would spend most of my time bowling getting frustrated at fielding on Cricket 19, aside from a catch that was not given out I don't remember thinking about the AI fielding once in about 20-30 overs.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
My experience of bowling in test cricket on Cricket 22 is no too different to Cricket 19.

One thing I did realise, while I would spend most of my time bowling getting frustrated at fielding on Cricket 19, aside from a catch that was not given out I don't remember thinking about the AI fielding once in about 20-30 overs.
For me the most predictable form of AI run rate seems to occur when a batsman gets in. Batting becomes robotic. I wonder if better players than me who are taking wickets more regularly suffer from it less? That might explain some of the variation in experience?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
For me the most predictable form of AI run rate seems to occur when a batsman gets in. Batting becomes robotic. I wonder if better players than me who are taking wickets more regularly suffer from it less? That might explain some of the variation in experience?
I would imagine facing Lara or Steve Smith or any number of quality batters IRL feels pretty robotic once they get in. It is the fine line of sports games, imo.

On the one hand, we all play games to have fun and pretty much that comes from winning, a lot of the time anyway. But in sport, you can't win all the time or it's boring.

I get that isn't your gripe exactly, it's more the lack of mistakes from AI batters, though the two are somewhat linked. I don't think there's a trick to suddenly getting wickets (except maybe the old stick the spinner on with close leg side catchers), but there has to be an element of AI batters getting the upper hand, robotic or organic, in order to make sport what it is.

I personally lower batter judgement so they don't just have a perfect eye for everything, but that isn't everyone's cup of tea. Wickets don't suddenly fall more regularly, but a mis-timed shot or a play and miss sure does help to keep the entertainment up, even if the batter goes on to make a score.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I would imagine facing Lara or Steve Smith or any number of quality batters IRL feels pretty robotic once they get in. It is the fine line of sports games, imo.

On the one hand, we all play games to have fun and pretty much that comes from winning, a lot of the time anyway. But in sport, you can't win all the time or it's boring.

I get that isn't your gripe exactly, it's more the lack of mistakes from AI batters, though the two are somewhat linked. I don't think there's a trick to suddenly getting wickets (except maybe the old stick the spinner on with close leg side catchers), but there has to be an element of AI batters getting the upper hand, robotic or organic, in order to make sport what it is.

I personally lower batter judgement so they don't just have a perfect eye for everything, but that isn't everyone's cup of tea. Wickets don't suddenly fall more regularly, but a mis-timed shot or a play and miss sure does help to keep the entertainment up, even if the batter goes on to make a score.

My point is purely.. regardless of lowering skill etc etc..

Is that the AI leaving the ball etc was very different pre Christmas to post. They try and get bat on ball 90% of the time now.

For me that’s a huge change to feel of the game.

Hester

County Cricketer
The crowd have reverted back to never ending screaming celebrations.
Why BA? Why? It's so frustrating to see fixes in one patch totally undone by the next.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
The crowd have reverted back to never ending screaming celebrations.
Why BA? Why? It's so frustrating to see fixes in one patch totally undone by the next.
When I was watching C19 videos earlier I noticed how good the crowd was. Sat patiently at test games and a roar whenever a 4,6 or wicket comes. That would be nice a lot of people play the game for the feel of stuff like this and it makes a huge difference to enjoyment

Hester

County Cricketer
When I was watching C19 videos earlier I noticed how good the crowd was. Sat patiently at test games and a roar whenever a 4,6 or wicket comes. That would be nice a lot of people play the game for the feel of stuff like this and it makes a huge difference to enjoyment
Yeah and they had fixed this issue but now it's back to screaming crowd for 5 days just because a batter hit a 4 in the 1st over in day one. The audio team are either incompetent or don't give a toss.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Yeah and they had fixed this issue but now it's back to screaming crowd for 5 days just because a batter hit a 4 in the 1st over in day one. The audio team are either incompetent or don't give a toss.
I got 2 wickets last night in the ashes in England and there wasn’t even a cheer or noise from the crowd just silence. More I look at C19 the more I think I’m going to buy it and wait a few months til stuff like this is sorted looks so much more polished even without all the new features of 22 It’s the gameplay I’m bothered about and the feel of the test games which I play only

Rahul Rants

School Cricketer
Quite realistic crowd that for an India game:)

Users who are viewing this thread