Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WoW.....thats scenic.....looks awsome....though i like black clouds & rainy weather with uncetainities , like 1999 england wc weather (an unpopular opinion i know)...but clouds here are looks awsome..
There are times when it can get menacing:

cricket22_2022_03_05_23_00_06_726.png cricket22_2022_03_05_22_58_18_707.png

But I think and a lot of others would agree that this game really needs rain added (a few near invisible drops doesn't count). I know Matt said it was a creative decision on their part not to add rain but I think they're
wrong in that regard. Rain can add strategy to games. Maybe leave rain out of online stuff, but against AI in career and other modes, it definitely needs it.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
There are times when it can get menacing:

View attachment 264657 View attachment 264658

But I think and a lot of others would agree that this game really needs rain added (a few near invisible drops doesn't count). I know Matt said it was a creative decision on their part not to add rain but I think they're
wrong in that regard. Rain can add strategy to games. Maybe leave rain out of online stuff, but against AI in career and other modes, it definitely needs it.
The AI also need to be strategic if rain happens (because people will complain if they aren't). I would imagine that adds a lot of complexity to it.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I don't always understand these creative decisions to have something like weather in the game or out of it completely. Being able to switch a rain option off would allow for everyone who doesn't want to risk weather interruptions to do just that and play without it.

Although if implemented, I agree with waste, that it'd have to be somewhat strategic in it's implementation, such as perhaps make day 3 the most prone to it, followed by 2 & 4, with days 1 and 5 less likely to be affected. Duration would have to be tamed a bit from what can happen in real life, so as to be no more than 50% of a days overs at most and no more than two interruptions for a 5 day match. There's ways to make it a factor with randomness without ruining a whole match.

These things can be scaled down for shorter matches and perhaps be omitted for T10 and less altogether.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The AI also need to be strategic if rain happens (because people will complain if they aren't). I would imagine that adds a lot of complexity to it.
I don't always understand these creative decisions to have something like weather in the game or out of it completely. Being able to switch a rain option off would allow for everyone who doesn't want to risk weather interruptions to do just that and play without it.

Although if implemented, I agree with waste, that it'd have to be somewhat strategic in it's implementation, such as perhaps make day 3 the most prone to it, followed by 2 & 4, with days 1 and 5 less likely to be affected. Duration would have to be tamed a bit from what can happen in real life, so as to be no more than 50% of a days overs at most and no more than two interruptions for a 5 day match. There's ways to make it a factor with randomness without ruining a whole match.

These things can be scaled down for shorter matches and perhaps be omitted for T10 and less altogether.

Agreed on all points. Obviously its not as easy as just switching the old tap on and off we go, and at the end of the day I think there are more pressing issues to get right first. Plus considering how fragile gameplay tweaks and changes are, god knows what would happen if AI strategies were added for rain factors in-game.

Perhaps some stage down the road hopefully they have another look at it, but if someone from BA comes out and says they're not planning to add rain then so be it. I just look at it as odd, imagine playing golf without some form of wind factor because the devs thought it would make it too hard. Just my take anyway.
Post automatically merged:

Has anyone had problem sharing created player's.
I think AJ has, I personally haven't had any issues, but I've only done a few the last week.

rishabh9627

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Has anyone had problem sharing created player's.
I'm having problems sharing created teams
Not able to share sri lanka on ps5
one of my cousins on pc is also having problems downloading teams
Its showing big ant server not available.

can we bowl full toss in cricket 22?
yes the blue marker for length will allow you to bowl full tosses

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
what do you guys use for "Lighting quality" in graphics?

Does it impact FPS/ GPU load??

I have GTX 1050ti and have set lighting on HIGH

luckysoni

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Agreed on all points. Obviously its not as easy as just switching the old tap on and off we go, and at the end of the day I think there are more pressing issues to get right first. Plus considering how fragile gameplay tweaks and changes are, god knows what would happen if AI strategies were added for rain factors in-game.

Perhaps some stage down the road hopefully they have another look at it, but if someone from BA comes out and says they're not planning to add rain then so be it. I just look at it as odd, imagine playing golf without some form of wind factor because the devs thought it would make it too hard. Just my take anyway.

I think AJ has, I personally haven't had any issues, but I've only done a few the last week.
That's right... its not that easy to implement all the aspects of matches like how complex AI decision making could be...but as i remember it was at okayish level in c19 & could be further improvised with c22....as i remember another kind of incident which used to happen in cric07 where after rain the standard or dry pitches used to turn in to wet & soft bounce settings...though it was very basic raining effect..but that was in 2007

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Searching for certain terms in community doesn't fetch any results like India, Sri lanka. Similarly the trending players works but trending clubs keeps on loading.

As for searching by usernames, names such as LlewelynF7,anmoljoshi099 doesn't fetch anything but wasteyouryouth's loads fine.

In the end it just stops searching and says the Big Ant server is not available.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've had my xbox crash and turn itself off 3 times out of my last 3 play sessions. All 3 times have been when the AI is batting. Can't be doing my xbox any good.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
On the rain point, I would love it if it was added in. Weather is a huge variable in cricket, particularly the longer forms of the game and rain or cloud coming or going massively affects the way the test is played.

It's a complex issue in real life that would probably be a nightmare to accurately include in the game, if the AI can't be programmed to put a fielder where 80% of runs are being scored how are they going to adjust their tactics to factor in rain delays?

Even if there was zero affect on gameplay I'd still like to see rain coming down and a short cut scene of the players walking off (and back on) for delays. Obviously we want to play a game of cricket so there's no point in raining off entire days or entire matches (which rarely happens IRL anyway) but we also want to play a realistic cricket simulation and rain delays are part and parcel of the game.

On a slightly separate point, is it now accepted that cloud cover in the game is completely cosmetic and has absolutely no impact on the gameplay? I've seen nothing to suggest it affects swing bowling but I'd be delighted if someone could tell me otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread