Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Hester

County Cricketer
So nice to see people downloading bigminge's "version" more than mine. And people wonder why I stopped.

View attachment 265858
Post automatically merged:

I'm in the same boat, I've kept run rate at about 28 and the AI score between 2.5 to 3 runs an over. The only issue I've seen is teams getting bowled out in fifty overs consistently, regardless of how good they are. (This is FC and test cricket).
Every test I've played, the AI have scored around 300 runs and bat for around 100 overs. Even if I have them at 70/9, they'll bat on.

Sometimes I think I suck at bowling. Sometimes I think the game is broken.

Edit: I should add that I don't bowl an unrealistic amount of spin.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I have the default settings for AI except that wicket chance is at 40
Have you tried upping the wicket chance not sure if anyone has tested this theory?

Yesterday I lowered the keepers reactions and diving attributes and didn’t have those catches at all. The AI also wasn’t sweeping tbf.
That’s interesting hopefully BA can stop the crazy catches without having to individually do every WK reactions on the game as I’m presuming that’s what we would have to do ?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have you tried upping the wicket chance not sure if anyone has tested this theory?

That’s interesting hopefully BA can stop the crazy catches without having to individually do every WK reactions on the game as I’m presuming that’s what we would have to do ?
I tried it at 50 but the wickets were falling quickly. Hence I reduced it. I play on "Hard" difficulty for bowling as well. I have lowered pitch bounce and ball bounce. Don't know if that's an issue

Nigel Jones

School Cricketer
Is there anyway of playing a whole season (Championship, one day , T20) as a team Without it being career mode..?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m timing 60 chance 30
That could just be the difference between the outcomes we both are getting. I have upped the striker timing in limited overs but not for test matches. Will try these settings after the next patch drops in

ravenswood7

Club Captain
i noticed on a previous patch the AI comes down the wicket more but seems not to do that as much. How to entice them more up the run rate and use Flight more as a spinner. And does the wind effect drift more?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
For example, my Series X has a manufacture date of Oct 2021 & the serial number begins with a 04 & ends in 417 if that makes any difference to specific places of manufacture or actual builds/batches? (04*******417.)

My serial number is very different from that, so I’d suggest it’s not that either. Not sure when it was manufacture. Might be close to that though.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’m on PS4 and am finding overthrows to be more generous than ever. What tends to happen is that the fielding side throw to the bowler who is halfway up the wicket, not at the bowler’s end. So the ball will often go past his feet because he’s not quite ready to collect the ball.

Also, the missed dives are still pretty poor and prominent enough to be a bit disappointing even if I’m benefiting!

The AI seemed to set better fielding in the Test that I’m playing, namely halfway behind square (Leg side), creating risk to the flick around the corner… as if the amazing wicketkeepers hadn’t already made this riskier! I hope that the AI apply this in limited overs too as that’s my get out shot but if it’s riskier then I’m all for it, making the game harder.

I’m currently on default settings but have upped min/max and visual speed. You get use to it though so I’m going to adjust marker/BQ. I’ve been going round in circles with custom difficulties following each patch.

Famous last words but AI batting seems less scripted, feels more like genuine battles/working overs, lots of variety in contributions throughout order. Even the bowling, spin at least has made me leave the ball more, so things are a little more C19 in a good way.

Some of the shots such as straight drives feel so rewarding. I effectively do a career as England with all my own kits/created players and play T10 Internationals on top of the others. The unlimited customisation that this game allows can still be celebrated like previous versions, particularly if the gameplay is feeling much better.

Well, I’m off to give Josh Cobb his international debut!

Users who are viewing this thread