Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Azamkisran

Club Captain
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
There use to Be an interesting feature in Cricket 07 when we use to play Ashes series there was option of selecting every player manually from Domestic circuit I think adding that in this game would be interesting But then There should be A form indicator and last 5-10 matches score of the he player so we can see if he is in form recently that Is one brilliant feature that should be added in Future player form in tournament and Tours ETC and their recent record should show up when selecting them @MattW

Last edited:

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I think the issue with AI fields is they can only choose from the presets and as much as there are loads to choose from, the possible fields are almost endless. With this in mind there are a few things to factor in -

> As a batter you may be able to hit an area that doesn’t actually have an available field placement, so no matter how often you hit that area, the AI can do nothing to plug it
> There may be an available field preset that would cover a certain area that you are scoring in, but if you are in a stage of the game i.e. the power play, the AI will only choose fields that match this, so if that fielding position happens to fall in ‘stop singles’ for example, they won’t put a fielder there
> Finally is the ‘why are there short legs, slips etc at the end of an innings’ again it’s the presets. It could well be that the AI manages to place a fielder in an area that is stopping you score, the drawback is that position belongs to a preset that includes a slip/short leg

The only way around this is to make more presets, which is what I resulted to recently. I was playing ODIs from years ago when the PPs were different and noticed that the AI never put 3 fielders out in the PP, that was because the presets didn’t allow it. So I made a few presets, set them to PP and next match there you go, the AI was putting 3 men out.

It takes a bit of tinkering, but I think it’s worth it.

Happy field presetting everyone…..

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I think the issue with AI fields is they can only choose from the presets and as much as there are loads to choose from, the possible fields are almost endless. With this in mind there are a few things to factor in -

> As a batter you may be able to hit an area that doesn’t actually have an available field placement, so no matter how often you hit that area, the AI can do nothing to plug it
> There may be an available field preset that would cover a certain area that you are scoring in, but if you are in a stage of the game i.e. the power play, the AI will only choose fields that match this, so if that fielding position happens to fall in ‘stop singles’ for example, they won’t put a fielder there
> Finally is the ‘why are there short legs, slips etc at the end of an innings’ again it’s the presets. It could well be that the AI manages to place a fielder in an area that is stopping you score, the drawback is that position belongs to a preset that includes a slip/short leg

The only way around this is to make more presets, which is what I resulted to recently. I was playing ODIs from years ago when the PPs were different and noticed that the AI never put 3 fielders out in the PP, that was because the presets didn’t allow it. So I made a few presets, set them to PP and next match there you go, the AI was putting 3 men out.

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a go. Thanks Slug.

Slug1793

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Sounds interesting. I'll give it a go. Thanks Slug.
FYI it’s not fool proof and can be a bit tedious, especially as you can’t allocate a field to both pace and spin, it has to be one or the other. It did mean I was able to set more spin fields with a first slip though which was nice, hardly any of original presets have a first slip for a spinner which is odd/annoying

cricboi

Club Captain

This is a great suggestion and I'm going to make some more fields today. I wish there was an option to delete presets though, because they still seem to find the strangest ones to implement.

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This field presets are nonsensical. I've raised multiple tickets for this. Even in the death overs, there are short mid on and mid off placed. Hardly you can see someone at long off and long on. And yet the AI keeps bowling full and straight to batsman. There is no point playing this game.

BA should focus on core gameplay before making any new enhancements.
Also AI batsmen going for big hits and getting out when they need 5 runs from 6 overs with 3 wickets in hand. That has been occurring quite frequently for me recently

Top Score

School Cricketer
Had my first and last game thanks to game pass.

Playing a 5five game as Australia Vs WI. We got down to the last over where WI needed 4 runs off 2 balls to win. On the second last ball the AI batsmen run himself out and next thing I know the end of game screen shows with WI taking the win. Ha great game lads

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Unfortunately it has been like this since the beginning when the game released. Once you surround the batsman with fielders its extremely easy to get them all out with a spinner. It doesnt even have to be a high quality spinner. Other than one run out rest were all taken by warne.

Attachments

• 0409220214.jpg
    0409220214.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I just played a three match T10I series against Hong Kong. In the first match (Default run rate etc) their opener got an 18-ball duck (All spin deliveries). In the second game, Josh Cobb recorded figures of 2-2-0-2 on debut… but we lost! The 18-ball duck opener (Dropped down the order) finally got off the mark by hitting the winning runs (Off pace). Another batter struck a 20-ball fifty! In the final game, they must have needed 16 to win off the final over. Batter hit back to back sixes then got caught in the same position. I then bowled three dots (Spin) to win by three runs. The less said about Jake Lintott’s series figures of 4-0-58-0 the better!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Had my first and last game thanks to game pass.

Playing a 5five game as Australia Vs WI. We got down to the last over where WI needed 4 runs off 2 balls to win. On the second last ball the AI batsmen run himself out and next thing I know the end of game screen shows with WI taking the win. Ha great game lads

This wasn’t anything to do with the score displaying incorrectly was it? I know that it’s been mentioned but I noticed in my match last night that the score (Or required target at least) seemed to lag behind by a ball!

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hi guys

Game seems a lot better and I’ve upped min/max speed and visual speed to make batting harder. Think I’ve done this as it stands:

Pace min 75
Pace max 85
VSpeed 80

I’ve found that having also adjusted late timing from 46 to 50 and though the speed isn’t outrageous, I’m struggling to time the ball. Prob okay for Tests but initially struggling a bit in white-ball. I’m trying to make game competitive but fair though so don’t mind it harder.

In Tests I’ve gone from AI scoring 400+ in 120 overs to subsiding for sub 200 scores.

What can I do to make AI batting better?

Lower Wicket Chance and increase Striker Timing?

Many thanks

Naman.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Is it only me or the AI fielders hit insane amounts of direct hits, 7/10 times they end hitting the stumps from a far away galaxy, ruining the running game.

Users who are viewing this thread