Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Just under 3 an over is that on default run rate ? I’m currently on default and feeling the AI has to hit a boundary every over problem.

They definitely don’t do that for me on default. They were going at 2.6 in my last match on default.

That wagon wheel I posted had 2 boundaries in 12 overs or so..

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
They definitely don’t do that for me on default. They were going at 2.6 in my last match on default.

That wagon wheel I posted had 2 boundaries in 12 overs or so..
I think it’s my bowling mate I’m trying to find loads of solutions to a problem that is probably me trying to get used to the fast bowlers and what to do I’m so used to taking a wicket every 5 balls on career mode lol

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Granted I am finding bowling compelling, using 30/30/80/80 settings. Except in T20s where AI constantly moves across a 7th stump full delivery into a golf slog over deep square leg. (Run rate 50 seems to turn AI into godlike batsman to off-stump bowling... I think it interacts also with the match type and remaining overs.) Test match (run rate 20) / ODI (40) is a much better contest between batter and bowler.
Example of some satisfying bowling, my Tamil Nadu all rounder's County cricket debut. 3-22 or so in the first innings, swing, good variation of lengths pace and aftertouch, some AI leaves and play-and-miss culminating in two bowled and one catch in slips.

Do get a sense of playing with the AI's mind, which is very fun B)

Using @Rumple43 / @WealeyH England sliders for the physics only... and with Bowling Visual Speed at 75-80 for realism. 140kph really zips, especially to bat against the English pacers.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Example of some satisfying bowling, my Tamil Nadu all rounder's County cricket debut. 3-22 or so in the first innings, swing, good variation of lengths pace and aftertouch, some AI leaves and play-and-miss culminating in two bowled and one catch in slips.

Do get a sense of playing with the AI's mind, which is very fun B)

Using @Rumple43 / @WealeyH England sliders for the physics only... and with Bowling Visual Speed at 75-80 for realism. 140kph really zips, especially to bat against the English pacers.
What have you got wicket chance and striker timing on mate ? I am struggling to take wickets big time with the quicks. Do you mix it up when bowling or keep same line length etc ?

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
What have you got wicket chance and striker timing on mate ? I am struggling to take wickets big time with the quicks. Do you mix it up when bowling or keep same line length etc ?

Got to mix your lines and lengths. Like with this I deliberately started wide and moved in towards off stump. It's glorious when a plan comes off...

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Got to mix your lines and lengths. Like with this I deliberately started wide and moved in towards off stump. It's glorious when a plan comes off...

That’s more like it. I’ve just been bowling all over shop Yorker bouncer Yorker wide of off you name it. I’ll stick to a plan going forward Also what stadium is that please ?

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Both striker timing and wicket chance are on 50-60, I haven't noticed a big difference other than maybe wickets feel a little more "earned" on the lower setting.
My player is a fast-medium around 130-135 kph, strong inswing and outswing.
I think it's a little of a false dichotomy to say mixing it up vs. bowling to a plan. The biggest thing is variation within a plan. Aftertouch and minor changes in jump/release are vital. If you bowl four front-of-good-length outswingers on 6th stump line and the next one is a back-of-full inswinger on the same line... that's when you get the wickets.

I have a few typical deliveries that work well at achieving the line/movement I want, to get the batter playing, usually aiming inswingers and outswingers between top of off and 6th stump, back-of-full or front-of-good-length, with aftertouch based on how the over is going. if I sense the batsman getting comfortable, keep them honest with a short ball / cross seam / yorker. For limited overs where they will be looking to play shots, can pitch farther outside and aim for catches (slips or in/outfield); or limit runs with front-of-full / yorkers. Control line, try to avoid giving them easy leg-side shots. Standard cricket stuff.
I usually don't aim for any specific mode of dismissal, but try to hit the block hole a decent percent of the time and good things happen.

The above applies to my bowling to a right-hander. Still working on a decent plan for lefthanders, moving to a wide over the wicket run up and pitching inswingers a bit further outside off.

Things you should vary:
Seam angle - Adjusts the swing direction of the delivery; for seam balls, can change how the ball bounces (I think)
Jump angle - Adjusts how much the ball moves -- e.g. for outswinger to the right hander, jump at 5'oclock angle will make it pitch straighter, jump at 7o'clock will curve it more.
Release angle - Which way you 'push' the ball out of the hand, has biggest impact on line. Usually you will have to push an outswinger into the batter and vice versa.
Aftertouch - Fine tune where on the pitch the ball will bounce; allows variation within an over to find the edge
Run up angle - for lefthanders or other strange situations

@Gamer Pradosh video was very helpful. You can see how using minor variations of aftertouch and jump/release angle, you can achieve precision around the stumps. Especially note how to use jump/release angle.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Both striker timing and wicket chance are on 50-60, I haven't noticed a big difference other than maybe wickets feel a little more "earned" on the lower setting.
My player is a fast-medium around 130-135 kph, strong inswing and outswing.
I think it's a little of a false dichotomy to say mixing it up vs. bowling to a plan. The biggest thing is variation within a plan. Aftertouch and minor changes in jump/release are vital. If you bowl four front-of-good-length outswingers on 6th stump line and the next one is a back-of-full inswinger on the same line... that's when you get the wickets.

I have a few typical deliveries that work well at achieving the line/movement I want, to get the batter playing, usually aiming inswingers and outswingers between top of off and 6th stump, back-of-full or front-of-good-length, with aftertouch based on how the over is going. if I sense the batsman getting comfortable, keep them honest with a short ball / cross seam / yorker. For limited overs where they will be looking to play shots, can pitch farther outside and aim for catches (slips or in/outfield); or limit runs with front-of-full / yorkers. Control line, try to avoid giving them easy leg-side shots. Standard cricket stuff.
I usually don't aim for any specific mode of dismissal, but try to hit the block hole a decent percent of the time and good things happen.

The above applies to my bowling to a right-hander. Still working on a decent plan for lefthanders, moving to a wide over the wicket run up and pitching inswingers a bit further outside off.

Things you should vary:
Seam angle - Adjusts the swing direction of the delivery; for seam balls, can change how the ball bounces (I think)
Jump angle - Adjusts how much the ball moves -- e.g. for outswinger to the right hander, jump at 5'oclock angle will make it pitch straighter, jump at 7o'clock will curve it more.
Release angle - Which way you 'push' the ball out of the hand, has biggest impact on line. Usually you will have to push an outswinger into the batter and vice versa.
Aftertouch - Fine tune where on the pitch the ball will bounce; allows variation within an over to find the edge
Run up angle - for lefthanders or other strange situations

@Gamer Pradosh video was very helpful. You can see how using minor variations of aftertouch and jump/release angle, you can achieve precision around the stumps. Especially note how to use jump/release angle.

Nice one mate I’ll have a look I’m currently using c19 controls whilst I get used to it then I’ll have to try the pro controls they look tricky but I’m sure I’ll get used to them Does using the pro controls give you more options in terms of delivery etc ?

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Nice one mate I’ll have a look I’m currently using c19 controls whilst I get used to it then I’ll have to try the pro controls they look tricky but I’m sure I’ll get used to them Does using the pro controls give you more options in terms of delivery etc ?
Haven't used standard but in pro you can adjust:
  1. runup angle: over the wicket (in) or around the wicket (out)
    – variations = wide (in), mid, close (out)
  2. bowling delivery (4 options + 4 variations)
  3. seam angle (movement, varies line)
  4. length (4 options)
  5. aftertouch (varies line and length)
  6. effort ball (faster/slower)
  7. jump (pace and movement)
  8. release (line and accuracy)
There is not as fine control over pace as the other parameters... but actually, they are analog triggers, so you should be able to bowl a ball that is e.g. -30% slow or +50% faster. (Not in absolute terms, but according to what the game allows)

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Can some tell me ps5 acdamey creations can be downloaded to nintendo switch or any other system or each system has its own creation suite acdamy
Not 100% sure about nineteno but academy creations are available cross platform between ps, Xbox and PC. Everyone has access to the same stuffs.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
After latest patch on x1x, "Cancel Sign In" alert is keep coming during loading screen after match in career & competition mode.

Is there any fix or remedy for that?

Ticket already raised #11607 at support.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
So I know I have been repeating myself regarding spinners being overpowered. But I think I might be wrong here. The issue seems to be the short leg fielder. I just had the 4th innings of a test match where my fast bowlers took 6 wickets....all to inswinging full/Yorkers where they kept hitting towards short leg fielder and he took all the catches very similar to spin bowler wickets. They were all out for 90 runs chasing 192. I will play more games to see if this was a fluke. Wondering if anyone else saw this behavior ?

Users who are viewing this thread