Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is this an Xbox/PC issue only - not PS5/4? I have not played much career TBH, but if there is a chance of this happening then I am definitely not waisting my time on career
I had it on my ps4 once but it was within the first month of release and it wasn't career mode. A game crash wiped all my game data. I started my career mode today only and hopefully there won't be any issues.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Is this an Xbox/PC issue only - not PS5/4? I have not played much career TBH, but if there is a chance of this happening then I am definitely not waisting my time on career

Hard to say! Obviously that's your call but I don't blame you.

(Personally, in earlier iterations I always found the career mode the most enjoyable & my favoured mode by far. I felt far more invested in my own progress to the stand-alones, succeed or fail. But, DB, Ashes or C19 cricket obviously weren't plagued with issues to the extent of C22. It's a great shame as C22 was also meant to be a complete game changer as far as making the career mode even more enjoyable & immersive, but, well????? It is MUCH improved granted but it still just looks & generally feels half completed. Certain other features don't work or they're still not even present either. For example, pre-release videos clearly depicted new issues to earlier iterations such as player injuries that branched out into the required treatment/rehab working with a team doctor etc. to once again become match fit. I've repeatedly gone to great length to deliberately try & injure my career player which doesn't work anyway, but I've certainly never seen a doctor or any other team officials other than the same tired old coach. (Has anyone seen a team doctor or managed to cause themselves injury?) It'd be nice if someone could simply confirm if the career mode is still receiving the required attention it sorely deserves to add in what was clearly shown pre-release, or if they've taken the decision to quietly abandon anything that isn't currently present & what we now have is all we can ever expect to have?)

Otherwise, it doesn't actually matter what mode you're using if the dreaded sign in bug happens, but of course, I see your point regarding the effort required to essentially progress through an actual career if there's any risk of a complete data loss, let alone if one has made any significant progression, (kinda hard not to miss that sadly). It ultimately wipes ALL saved data & resets the game, so any careers, saved comps, saved custom stadiums, custom teams, saved slider presets, custom difficulty presets, (you name it), it all goes. Worse still, invariably there's very little chance of any data recovery either as the corruption or data mismatch appears to first happen remotely (as absolutely nothing changes locally at all) which obviously then round robins straight back down to the local device & then it's quite literally - "Game over".

I can definitely recall members from all platforms complaining about this particular issue at one point or another since release but I couldn't tell you if any single platform is now more prone to experiencing it above any other at this time TBH.

Incidents (or complaints at least) have also become less frequent recently to what they once were but I also couldn't tell you if that's simply down to folk not bothering to post the same information again out of frustration that it's actually happened to them more than once & they've given up in disgust or if it is genuinely happening with less frequency. However, (case in point), clearly the possibility that it could still happen at any time remains nonetheless, no platform is 100% safe, & as just witnessed, even the most patient can find this resulting complete loss of data to a very well known bug an extremely bitter pill to swallow indeed.

It certainly came in clusters at one stage too where multiple users on all platforms were definitely experiencing the same cause/effect. Most are usually able to immediately back out, restart their game & simply re-sync the required data without any issues. Meanwhile, others have randomly lost everything more than once despite doing nothing different at all to everyone else.

(At least with the PC version end users could at least "attempt" to make local copies of their C22 user data files/directory & possibly attempt a recovery by simply dropping in a backup & see if it will allow a re-sync of an older/earlier C22 data save etc. (However, that also has no guarantees at all , as mentioned the data seems to get corrupted remotely which then dumps that corruption back downstream locally & then, well, "endex". But, at least one could try sending said backup directly up to BA for them to attempt a replacement their end after the worst has happened, if that's even possible(?). Having said that, it most certainly should not be down to individual users to go to such lengths solely because one title just cannot be trusted not to suddenly corrupt all relevant sign in data itself & destroy all user progress in the process. Obviously, console users are completely at the mercy of the developer regardless.)

I could certainly still recreate the sign in issue (reported) if I swap my controller over (both are official Xbox Elite controllers too), & no other titles I own have any issues with sign ins or saved games following a controller swap. However, I'm not going to tempt fate by trying to recreate it by any of the means I've listed above as it remains fully unaddressed & frankly, I'd rather do what I possibly can my end to avoid yet another instance.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Seen a few people on here including myself mentioning unrealistic edges flying off for boundaries at pace and the tip was increase pitch friction. Just started a game using rumples ASIA/dusty medium sliders where pitch friction is 65 and it definitely makes a difference as after 40 overs I’ve counted only 2 of these and had some great catches at slip and from WK aswell as a few dropped at pace and falling just short of slips

Hester

County Cricketer
I have a question regarding pitches / sliders...

Does using default sliders for all pitch types (grassy, dry, dusty etc) produce the same conditions? i.e. assuming the same pitch hardness, let's say 'medium', are ball physics the same no matter whether you're playing on a dusty pitch or grassy one? Unless you change the sliders yourself?

Reason I ask is that I find there's no difference at all and I'm wondering if I'm just not savvy enough to realise what's happening.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I have a question regarding pitches / sliders...

Does using default sliders for all pitch types (grassy, dry, dusty etc) produce the same conditions? i.e. assuming the same pitch hardness, let's say 'medium', are ball physics the same no matter whether you're playing on a dusty pitch or grassy one? Unless you change the sliders yourself?

Reason I ask is that I find there's no difference at all and I'm wondering if I'm just not savvy enough to realise what's happening.
My understanding is that the default sliders are relative to the particular pitch, so by default a value of 50 for pitch bounce on a hard pitch is not the same as a 50 on a soft pitch. I speak under correction.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Is there something wrong with the power shot (left trigger on pc).I am fully green yet it either goes for an edge or high in the air not necessarily caught .This is in career mode but i have been able to hit sixes previously in that career and not had edges like that when batting.Bowling yes its been there since C19 .

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
It does feel a little bit like this game is beginning to die off. It might be the reduction in forum posts, or the slow down of content on other platforms like YT, or the general fatigue with post-patch life, IDK.

Is it just me, or does it feel a bit like that in general? No wrong answers, I'm hopefully wrong, just interested what others thought.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
It does feel a little bit like this game is beginning to die off. It might be the reduction in forum posts, or the slow down of content on other platforms like YT, or the general fatigue with post-patch life, IDK.

Is it just me, or does it feel a bit like that in general? No wrong answers, I'm hopefully wrong, just interested what others thought.

For me the game is in the best state it’s been. (Still got issues) but the initial hype and want and need to post etc on the forum obviously drops off. People get bored of moaning and that drops off. And then coming on here to read the remaining moans posts also then means people visiting drops off.

It’s also a game that unless your cricket MAD once you smash a good few hours into it it does have it “exciting” shelf life then become a real time consumer.

It will fire back up for me when the English summer kicks in

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
It is in its best state. I agree with @WealeyH once the cricket season kicks back in then the excitement will start again for some.

I’m enjoying it still and about to setup V4 for @Rumple43 sliders now. Then go from there. Problem you always find is the issue get spoken about and not always the good stuff. Apart from the clouds my West Indies v England series has been good.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
I also agree. I'm having some great games, but I generally only bat, due to time constraints and being a wkt/batsman. I design my own teams and leagues, notate them in a book, do my own stats and only utilise play now.

cricboi

Club Captain
I'm still enjoying it and bouncing back and forth between different formats. Going to try tinkering with pitch friction and run rate to fix the edges and get a more realistic ODI experience. I tend to always bowl first (I rarely win the toss) and usually get them out for around 200, so having some more competitive totals is my next goal. Career mode batting is all good but the bowling can be annoying when the fielding glitches (and that I still can't get caught and bowls triggered and it teleports through me).

cricboi

Club Captain
And just after I write that post I try to play another 50 over game and almost smash my controller because the fielding goes to shit. 3 straight mini games to square that trigger but don't lead to catches followed by 2 chances on the boundary that don't even trigger the mini game.
Sometimes I wish the people who made MLB The Show could just buy the game so they could loan them their fielding code because it's insane that after all these years they can't get such a fundamental thing correct.

Zxcvbn

School Cricketer
Can anyone tell how to reduce the number of edges one gives while not tinkering with footwork placement?
I usually only bat but i feel im always on the edge and i never know which shot i will middle and which i will nick

Hester

County Cricketer
Can anyone tell how to reduce the number of edges one gives while not tinkering with footwork placement?
I usually only bat but i feel im always on the edge and i never know which shot i will middle and which i will nick
I just turned the difficulty down when I was in the that boat...
Post automatically merged:

Anyone know who Hugh Japeel is?

Users who are viewing this thread