Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Got an email back on Friday -

Thank you for your support request, a ticket has been created which will be followed up by the Big Ant team as soon as is possible based on office hours.
Okay probably will have to wait one month then

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can’t download in Community. Big Ant Server not available!
CBDEA64B-6B83-4C9B-BCCA-6083BFE6F407.jpeg

adamtheswan

Club Cricketer
Star player mode seems broken because of the unfailingly horrendous AI batting, even on Legend difficulty, which usually results in very low scores. Seven games into my World Cup, playing as Aaron Finch (AI controlling every other player), and the scores have been the following:

Aus 91 (Finch 35) vs Afg 6/92
Aus 177 (Finch 27) vs WI 78
Ind 225 vs Aus 7/226 (Finch 112)
Pak 152 vs Aus 152 (Finch 107)
SL 224 vs Aus 145 (Finch 8)
Ban 172 vs Aus 2/173 (Finch 85)
Aus 160 (Finch 6) vs Eng 153

Sliders and settings seem to have zero impact, including wicket chance. Have other people found this? Is there a way to produce realistic scores in this mode? It's not worth playing when every single innings brings massive batting collapses. Even when India made 225, which is still below par, they collapsed from 0/106. It's a real shame because it would have been a fun mode with realistic AI. I haven't tried career mode - does this happen there too? I'm back to batting as both teams in Play Now mode because it's just too easy to bowl teams out cheaply. The AI against spin is still a disaster. There's plenty of good in this game and batting can be a lot of fun, but I must admit to feeling a lot of frustration at this point, particularly with this latest patch taking nearly a month and seemingly resulting in no gameplay improvements (at least none that I have observed). There's a great game still to be teased out here.

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Star player mode seems broken because of the unfailingly horrendous AI batting, even on Legend difficulty, which usually results in very low scores. Seven games into my World Cup, playing as Aaron Finch (AI controlling every other player), and the scores have been the following:

Sliders and settings seem to have zero impact, including wicket chance. Have other people found this? Is there a way to produce realistic scores in this mode? It's not worth playing when every single innings brings massive batting collapses. Even when India made 225, which is still below par, they collapsed from 0/106. It's a real shame because it would have been a fun mode with realistic AI instead of this crap. I haven't tried career mode - does this happen there too? I'm back to batting as both teams in Play Now mode because it's just too easy to bowl teams out cheaply. The AI against spin is still a disaster. I haven't wanted to hammer Big Ant because there's plenty of good in this game and batting can be a lot of fun, but I must admit to feeling a lot of frustration at this point, particularly with this latest patch taking nearly a month and seemingly resulting in no gameplay improvements (at least none that I have observed). It's not like there's been a shortage of constructive feedback, myself included. I've lost faith that Big Ant are capable of taking this game any further forward. I'd love to be proved wrong because there's a great game still to be teased out here.
I know what you mean about the collapses. When I’m bowling in career mode say the AI are chasing 300 to win a test and they are 200/1 I can almost bet my life they will still collapse and lose.

adamtheswan

Club Cricketer
I know what you mean about the collapses. When I’m bowling in career mode say the AI are chasing 300 to win a test and they are 200/1 I can almost bet my life they will still collapse and lose.
Irrespective of wicket chance or other sliders? Have you found any difference between AI difficulty settings?

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I think we need someone to compile all the issues and then bring it in front of big ant so they can work on tickets based on priority. To me it doesn’t make sense changing your seat colours if your fielding is yet broken and/or your gameplay needs fixes. Rather than discouraging and complaining, let’s see how we can help and sort this issue out.

Like I get there’s issues with career mode but let’s have basic gameplay fixed first? Let’s ask bigant to focus on issues based on priorities?

Hester

County Cricketer

Sliders and settings seem to have zero impact, including wicket chance. Have other people found this? Is there a way to produce realistic scores in this mode? It's not worth playing when every single innings brings massive batting collapses. Even when India made 225, which is still below par, they collapsed from 0/106. It's a real shame because it would have been a fun mode with realistic AI instead of this crap. I haven't tried career mode - does this happen there too? I'm back to batting as both teams in Play Now mode because it's just too easy to bowl teams out cheaply. The AI against spin is still a disaster. I haven't wanted to hammer Big Ant because there's plenty of good in this game and batting can be a lot of fun, but I must admit to feeling a lot of frustration at this point, particularly with this latest patch taking nearly a month and seemingly resulting in no gameplay improvements (at least none that I have observed). It's not like there's been a shortage of constructive feedback, myself included. I've lost faith that Big Ant are capable of taking this game any further forward. I'd love to be proved wrong because there's a great game still to be teased out here.
The whole game is unbalanced and unrealistic, mate. There's a guy doing a YouTube test competition series and every innings is an AI batting collapse. Bigant have lost touch with how to make a decent game. We've just got to suck it up though.

Hester

County Cricketer
I think we need someone to compile all the issues and then bring it in front of big ant so they can work on tickets based on priority. To me it doesn’t make sense changing your seat colours if your fielding is yet broken and/or your gameplay needs fixes. Rather than discouraging and complaining, let’s see how we can help and sort this issue out.

Like I get there’s issues with career mode but let’s have basic gameplay fixed first? Let’s ask bigant to focus on issues based on priorities?
Bigant have already moved on. Once they get online and cross play working a bit, they'll be done. The game is in tatters based on an old engine being used which continually has patches stuck on it.
They couldn't even be bothered to give us a proper stadium creator this year. All they were bothered about was getting their garbage effort published for the start of the Ashes. They even creamed people for DLC for C19 just a month before announcing C22. Vile company.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I always get nervous when a patch comes out.

I'm currently in the middle of an awesome series and I really don't want the game to have gone backwards for the end of it after the start was so good.

Feels like it shouldn't have to be that way, patches are meant to enhance. Guess I'll find out when I switch on tomorrow!

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Xbox one users.
Has your game had the latest update? My version is 2469 but Ross notes say Xbox One is 2510.

Played it last night and didn't notice anything different so unsure!?

Rana Pratap Singh_007

Club Cricketer
Why only issue with ex players proficiencies graph for fielding does not increase fielding maxed out still there fielding rating shows low with players like lara boon sachin saurav pointing .
Current cricketers it's ok.
This bug was added last 2 patches back I thought they will fix it but still the same so just sharing it hoping some one from big ant takes a look and fix it in next patch.

Attachments

• IMG_20220516_001521.jpg
    IMG_20220516_001521.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Xbox one users.
Has your game had the latest update? My version is 2469 but Ross notes say Xbox One is 2510.

Played it last night and didn't notice anything different so unsure!?
I have the same version number 2469, also, still cannot edit seats.

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Saw a youtube video which makes it seem like teamwork between fielders is much improved... one fielder dives to save the boundary and the other picks up the ball and returns it... etc.

Eliminating that "catch does not register" bug is big.

My career mode is currently crashing upon loading into the match in progress, but they have responded to my ticket and I'm hopeful for speedy fix.
update, here's a clip of fielders helping each other, imo they've much improved the fielding... also check out that glorious straight drive, I think this is batting style 3.

p.s. if you want to score runs off of nice grounded strokeplay, women's career mode is great for it

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Also for folks having AI collapse issues, mine seem to be helped (if not resolved) by setting run rate to 50 for all formats.

despite earlier sliders saying to change the setting across formats, I think Big Ant have built run rate scaling into the game on a more effective level, so run rate 50 seems to produce better outcomes in T20/ODI/Tests.

appreciate if anyone else can confirm if you've been noticing more realistic outcomes with this setting.

My current AI sliders across all formats are similar to @Gamer Pradosh ODI settings: Legend/50/50/70/50. Maybe increase wicket chance if you're running a bowling save, and improve AI Striker Timing if you haven't to make all AI better at playing the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread