Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Just to add to this that this is an excellent quality of life addition to batting. Also I have been recently batting without any hud at all: no pitch marker at all. For me it makes batting very very enjoyable even though I struggle to get on the back foot on time. Pro cam, no hud and this setting on 0 is brilliant test match battng!

Hope all are well. How's @blockerdave? Havent seen you post for a while my friend.
People can play with settings all they like but batting with no assistance is the ultimate hardest difficulty.

Hester

County Cricketer
Choose summer in match selection options. You will get super sunny always.
That's not true. I chose summer when playing in England and most of the game took place in the dark or under floodlights because, not only was it still being played in January, but Bugant think that the sun doesn't shine during the day in England in January.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
That's not true. I chose summer when playing in England and most of the game took place in the dark or under floodlights because, not only was it still being played in January, but Bugant think that the sun doesn't shine during the day in England in January.

I mean. They're not far off. We usually need the lights on in August never mind January :sweat:

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Game changer for batting

I wonder about this one. According to the video this slider affects whether you can place your shot or whether game decides based on your input timing where the shot will go. However we know that in real life shots don't always go exactly where the batter intends, in fact it would be unrealistic for the game to model it in such a way. In actuality this depends on the batsman's skill with timing the ball. And the batter's quality should be somewhat independent of the player (i.e. you with the controller) timing the shot properly.

If you set this slider to 0, are you always able to pick the gap, regardless of the quality of the batter you are playing as?
The game is being sabotaged, I'm convinced now. There's no way people can be this incompetent. It's being done on purpose.
Histrionics really prevalent on this board nowadays.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I wonder about this one. According to the video this slider affects whether you can place your shot or whether game decides based on your input timing where the shot will go. However we know that in real life shots don't always go exactly where the batter intends, in fact it would be unrealistic for the game to model it in such a way. In actuality this depends on the batsman's skill with timing the ball. And the batter's quality should be somewhat independent of the player (i.e. you with the controller) timing the shot properly.

If you set this slider to 0, are you always able to pick the gap, regardless of the quality of the batter you are playing as?

Good point this about placing the shot however I feel it’s much better having played with the slider setting at 0 for a few games now on pro controls as the amount of times you’d hit the shot before and think why has it gone there I didn’t press that angle is pretty frustrating and like you say you also have to get the timing just right still or your in trouble for me it just feels more natural. I think with this setting you also have to really think about the shot selection and angle of shots your playing it has to be correct.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India

When I say shot are placed in the direction I intend to it means that the shot placement occurs at the angle I want but the trajectory of the ball depends on the type of delivery.. I will be doing a video on this soon to show that to people as well.. The thing is many stuff we have come across in the game, I dont know whether even BA are aware that the game has these amazing elements in it because things are happening without them intending to.. Like combination of footwork and shot placement can make the ball go in a certain direction just because of the trajectory of the ball say if its seaming into the batsman and I play straight drive the ball will go as on drive because of its angle.. Thats the reason I love the pro controls for batting..

So another thing that happens in this is that when the ball is slower through the air and you time it badly the ball lobs in the air for a catch if a fielder is present then you need to be careful too.. So its just placing in the gaps everytime, its about creating those angles of footwork+the bat angle to make that shot possible.. It might sound like aim and hit kind of thing but there's more to it than just that..

Hester

County Cricketer

The WK being moved back to spinners was done on purpose. It was fine how it was, yet someone moved it back. That's a fact.

They then created a "solution" to the problem they'd created but it didn't include the slip fielders position.

So, not only was it broken on purpose, the fix was only half a fix.

We're being trolled.

Last edited:

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Good question, first of all I'd suggest you to try out like few overs with the value at 100 and then the same with value at 0.

Then if you observe and are able to compare, you'd come to know that earlier when value's at 100, irrespective of where you 'pointed' the shot to go and quality/line of ball, you would almost always be connecting the ball with some kind of shot based on what game thinks about your input aka 'batting feedback'

What I've felt personally is that in the 100 value scenario, mostly based on whether your footwork and timing are closer to that 'ideal' it will always connect the shot in that 'vicinity' and almost never miss. i.e. say you input a extra cover drive, it will have its arc from mid off to cover and it will play the apt shot which is required automatically making up for any swing/seam movement. So it will be like a 'soft shot replacement' from the game since you have got ideal batting feedback which I think spoils the fun especially for test enthusiasts like me.

But when value's at 0 for same scenario, if the ball swings/seams too much, it would end up being a near miss either past outside/inside edge regardless if you are getting ideal feedback. Try it out and let us know..

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
@MattW I was playing a custom T20 tournament (as a player).
I noticed that all the games were won by the chasing team by not losing by more than 2 wickets.
I understand that a lot of matches are won by the chasing teams these days but there should be more depth to it.

Even in normal matches (limited-overs), one can easily see if the chasing team (AI) hasn't lost more than 2 wickets they are going to win the match.
Is this something that you're working on?

Capture99.PNG

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just to add to this that this is an excellent quality of life addition to batting. Also I have been recently batting without any hud at all: no pitch marker at all. For me it makes batting very very enjoyable even though I struggle to get on the back foot on time. Pro cam, no hud and this setting on 0 is brilliant test match battng!

Hope all are well. How's @blockerdave? Havent seen you post for a while my friend.
Hello - nice to see you back!

I’m an occasional browser of the forum but have been incredibly busy with work recently so have barely played the game since the turn of the year, so not had much to contribute.

Whenever I feel I like playing I set up a game, see a cloudless sunny sky, lose the toss and think “maybe I have some work to do after all”.

Hester

County Cricketer
Good question, first of all I'd suggest you to try out like few overs with the value at 100 and then the same with value at 0.

Then if you observe and are able to compare, you'd come to know that earlier when value's at 100, irrespective of where you 'pointed' the shot to go and quality/line of ball, you would almost always be connecting the ball with some kind of shot based on what game thinks about your input aka 'batting feedback'

What I've felt personally is that in the 100 value scenario, mostly based on whether your footwork and timing are closer to that 'ideal' it will always connect the shot in that 'vicinity' and almost never miss. i.e. say you input a extra cover drive, it will have its arc from mid off to cover and it will play the apt shot which is required automatically making up for any swing/seam movement. So it will be like a 'soft shot replacement' from the game since you have got ideal batting feedback which I think spoils the fun especially for test enthusiasts like me.

But when value's at 0 for same scenario, if the ball swings/seams too much, it would end up being a near miss either past outside/inside edge regardless if you are getting ideal feedback. Try it out and let us know..
I have it set to 10 but I wonder if it may as well be on 0. I mean, isn't this setting something that would be binary? On or off? I wonder how values above 0 work.

Users who are viewing this thread