Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Skillzy

School Cricketer
I like the visual speed when you crank it up feels more more realistic for pace bowlers when it’s at 85/90 I tried playing 19 but 22 on a 4K tv once you’ve played it’s hard to go to 19 and the oversized helmets
And Yes the helmets feel little oversized in C19. But in this for me personally the head seems little small with comparison to the body of batsman.
You will probably notice it you prefer using "Fixed Far" Camera. Obviously depending upon resolution and graphic settings.

Bootsey

Club Cricketer
Oh my days, I've just got my very 1st hat trick, came close many a time on 19 even had one dropped in slips, but finally got one on 22, 2 out swing yorkers to left handers and last one a full yorker bouncer to a right hander all played on but what a feeling, who says this game isn't fun

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
If you increase Min and Max speed in C19 it increases the speed of ball and make it realistic. I personally use 60,60. But in this game if you increase visual speed too much then the ball seems to travel too much. You lose the heaviness of the ball I feel. Also some balls will just move past the batsman very quickly and you will always end up with late timing.
Interesting that I’m going to try increase the min and max speed see how that feels not tried it yet I get what you mean I get a lot of edges that fly off to the boundary at what seems 150mph a lot not sure if that’s normal or not

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
If you increase Min and Max speed in C19 it increases the speed of ball and make it realistic. I personally use 60,60. But in this game if you increase visual speed too much then the ball seems to travel too much. You lose the heaviness of the ball I feel. Also some balls will just move past the batsman very quickly and you will always end up with late timing.
What do you have min and max on for speed?

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
Interesting that I’m going to try increase the min and max speed see how that feels not tried it yet I get what you mean I get a lot of edges that fly off to the boundary at what seems 150mph a lot not sure if that’s normal or not
One of quite a few things that I missed on my list earlier, the crazy speed of edges! They seem a lot faster than the deliveries sometimes! Sure there are some fast thin edges in real life, but a lot of the thicker ones to backwards point around to third man are much faster than they'd be in reality. I'd love to see them slowed down about 30-50% depending on how thick they are.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
One of quite a few things that I missed on my list earlier, the crazy speed of edges! They seem a lot faster than the deliveries sometimes! Sure there are some fast thin edges in real life, but a lot of the thicker ones to backwards point around to third man are much faster than they'd be in reality. I'd love to see them slowed down about 30-50% depending on how thick they are.
Ahhh good so it’s not just my settings yeh they go off at the speed of light all the time

Skillzy

School Cricketer
What do you have min and max on for speed?
I think, Don't increase visual speed over 70 for pace(use maybe lower). I used maybe 64 min and max speed and pace visual speed at 70. Seems little better but still but i think visual speed should be reduced further and we could increase the min and max speed to make it balanced.

Hester

County Cricketer
All this inswing bowling from Trent Boult is a load of poppycock. C22 AI would be smacking him for runs on the offside every ball.

Hester

County Cricketer
I've posted this on the academy creations thread but thought I'd post here as well as more people read this thread.
Does anyone know who created this basin reserve in NZ? It's really good and I want to be able to download more of their work.

84f62a62-b6fa-42fb-975e-b8606757f396.png

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Definitely!! I think this is simply yet another of BA's magical backward settings/config reversals.

Thin edges should obviously come off the bat with greater speed but thicker edges naturally should come off considerably slower as you've mentioned , but for C22 that's always been the wrong way around & never corrected. (At one point all thin edges also had the thick edge audio applied to them & all thick edges had the thin edge audio too. It took them weeks to find & correct those, & many other such reversals. There were literally dozens of them.)

Another classic example among many others, players in cut scenes seen walking off the pitch when coming in to bat & walking on to the pitch when they've just been dismissed, which was previously fixed but is now happening again. (Simple enough for a tester to see & a dev to correct, but they keep cropping up nonetheless.)

I've lost count (& lost my original list), but there have been a huge number of such settings that have been reversed at one point or another that have thankfully since been corrected. However, some of them they've just never fixed or their official testers also miss them, and of course, with each new patch there's the ever present possibility that they'll just add in new reversals or reintroduce old ones again.

tsn1499

School Cricketer
My game crashed while playing career mode and when I tried to restart I got the "Profile data is corrupted" prompt and I think it means everything I had in my profile is gone which is very infuriating. I have contacted Big Ant directly in hopes for something that can be done, should I wait and be hopeful or just restart everything anyway?

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Ahhh good so it’s not just my settings yeh they go off at the speed of light all the time
The crazy edges have been there since Ashes Cricket - two more iterations and dozens of patches and it's still not fixed. It did seem to improve in a February patch, but recent patches have made it worse again.

Similarly the "last ball four" bug has been there since DB 14 and is still there today...

The ugly pull shot animation from C19 seemed to disappear for a while but now that's back too!

I don't think the developers really understand the mechanics of how their own game works.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I’m thinking more and more that catering for the Xbox One/PS4 gen held this game back. Problem was obviously availability of the new gens. I suspect the next one solely be Series X/S & PS5. This may just unlock something a bit different.

macman

School Cricketer
Hi, im updating the generic squads to the academy versions, but when I try and update the 2 new IPL franchises (Lucknow and Gujarat) they dont overwrite the original version of that team in the game? They just save as a separate team. Is there a version of these 2 teams that I can download that do overwrite the made up versions?

Also, I remember in C19 the academy only had limited memory space and after downloading many teams It would warn you about lack of space. Does anyone know if this has this been rectified in C22?

thanks

Hester

County Cricketer
I’m thinking more and more that catering for the Xbox One/PS4 gen held this game back. Problem was obviously availability of the new gens. I suspect the next one solely be Series X/S & PS5. This may just unlock something a bit different.
Xbox one and ps4 should run this game standing on their head. Bigant just don't know how to optimise their game. They couldn't even put in a more realistic run cam without it destroying fps on some pc's, so they removed it from all versions of the game. My ps1 can handle a realistic run cam though.

Users who are viewing this thread