Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

noys390

Club Cricketer
@Arctic_Wolf as well as @Mr Snrub , you guys have suggested a more complex catching system based on skill & ball difficulty. It's true that if it is implemented then then it would be more realistic but at this point I do not think BigAnt is about to invest much effort in C22 going forward. So I suggested to make AI drop a very small percentage of catches randomly, (lets say 8%). This would bring more engagement to the game instead of things to be predictable.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I increased ball bounce to 70, and suddenly I see few drop catches, like ball bounce out of the fielders hand (slip, inner circle and couple in boundary line)... Also some near miss field, great dive, push and stop the ball in inner circle...

Mr Snrub

International Cricketer
@Arctic_Wolf as well as @Mr Snrub , you guys have suggested a more complex catching system based on skill & ball difficulty. It's true that if it is implemented then then it would be more realistic but at this point I do not think BigAnt is about to invest much effort in C22 going forward. So I suggested to make AI drop a very small percentage of catches randomly, (lets say 8%). This would bring more engagement to the game instead of things to be predictable.
Well there's sliders for everything else. Perhaps AI catching could have one.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Technically I haven't actually suggested anything, just that the AI catching system has once again been broken as the AI is back to 100% guaranteed catches at all times.

Having said that, every AI/avatar player do indeed have their own individual catching stats assigned, including catching over their heads, typical catching, or even reflex catching for positions like slips or short leg etc., so it is present in the game & was once working to some degree, it's just that they keep breaking it & don't test for it or completely ignore certain faults on discovery & just push a half broken patch anyway. (Take your pick ;).)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Technically I haven't actually suggested anything, just that the AI catching system has once again been broken as the AI is back to 100% guaranteed catches at all times.

Having said that, every AI/avatar player do indeed have their own individual catching stats assigned, including catching over their heads, typical catching, or even reflex catching for positions like slips or short leg etc., so it is present in the game & was once working to some degree, it's just that they keep breaking it & don't test for it or completely ignore certain faults on discovery & just push a half broken patch anyway. (Take your pick ;).)
I'd say catching is closer to 90%. I've had a few drops here and there - in career mode.

Edit:
Had this just now, Renshaw dropped on 99 for that matter too:

Last edited:

Jake Azazel

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'd say catching is closer to 90%. I've had a few drops here and there - in career mode.

Edit:

Dropped catches not happening otherwise and the only time it happens, the batter is on 99. Peak C'22 I tell ya.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Edit:

LOL. Typical.

Do you know how many times I've seen a diving catch attempt like that on Xbox within the last 4-5 months? ZERO!! (Not even a slips fielder will make a diving attempt as your clip shows.) Something else that apparently remains broken on Xbox as it was working in the past but it just stopped working & never got a fix.

PC for you though isn't it? (Can't remember off the top of my head TBH though ;).). We've certainly seen this many times before where one platform is affected but others aren't or vice versa.

I'm Xbox for C22, although, I've given up now. Continued testing & deliberately clothed up over 250+ chances (in every possible mode) & not one single dropped catch has come from that. (Catches from human bowling work OK). The last patch definitely reverted catching back to the catch all system for Xbox at least as they were being dropped pretty much in line with real world stats prior to that.

The Big Ant C22 three step strikes again, it's become a dancefloor classic.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
LOL. Typical.

Do you know how many times I've seen a diving catch attempt like that on Xbox within the last 4-5 months? ZERO!! (Not even a slips fielder will make a diving attempt as your clip shows.) Something else that apparently remains broken on Xbox as it was working in the past but it just stopped working & never got a fix.

PC for you though isn't it? (Can't remember off the top of my head TBH though ;).). We've certainly seen this many times before where one platform is affected but others aren't or vice versa.

I'm Xbox for C22, although, I've given up now. Continued testing & deliberately clothed up over 250+ chances (in every possible mode) & not one single dropped catch has come from that. (Catches from human bowling work OK). The last patch definitely reverted catching back to the catch all system for Xbox at least as they were being dropped pretty much in line with real world stats prior to that.

The Big Ant C22 three step strikes again, it's become a dancefloor classic.
Even for me catching seems fine. There’s occasional drops here and there. I’m on PC too though

Major issue is with unnecessary overthrows. There’s a lot of that which they need to fix.

kiwicroat

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I’m on PS5 tonight and I was batting, playing a ODI World Cup and got dropped off a spinner caught and bowled chance. It was actually welcomed because I was in a solid partnership chasing down Aussie with the West Indies, but admittedly first I’ve seen in a longtime. But drops are there.

noys390

Club Cricketer
In case of the flat catches, still there is a slim chance of getting a drop. It is a rare sighting though. In case of lobbed catches or boundary catches it is 100% guaranteed to be taken. Nobody in this forum reported differently on this. A 100% guarantee of anything spoils a sport simulation. The beauty of sports is in its uncertainty and unpredictability.
I have already requested BigAnt representatives here to fix this out. Lets hope they does.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is a slider called catching skill influence which influnces on top of their catching skill atrribute if they catch the ball or not. Maybe try tinkering around with that.

catching.jpg

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
There is a slider called catching skill influence which influnces on top of their catching skill atrribute if they catch the ball or not. Maybe try tinkering around with that.

View attachment 270826
For me, ball bounce slider works perfectly... Set it to 65-70 and you will see the magic... Also set ball friction to zero...
Make sure pitch bounce set it low, 40 or below, otherwise bouncers will go above keeper head...

noys390

Club Cricketer
@GuyIncognito , That slider is not meant for AI, mate, it is for human players.
@Pinch hitter : To get around one issue, the slider setting that you are recommending can create unrealistic gameplay else where. This needs a fix in the right place not by changing something else. But sure I will give it a try.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
@Pinch hitter : To get around one issue, the slider setting that you are recommending can create unrealistic gameplay else where. This needs a fix in the right place not by changing something else. But sure I will give it a try.
Actually this setting made game beutiful for me... I actually enjoying cricket 22 more than ever after those settings...

Users who are viewing this thread