Cricket 24 - General Discussion

D

Deleted member 185125

Are the beta boys involved in testing this time?

D

Deleted member 185125

Do you need to know some kind of secret handshake to get into the beta crew?

Hours upon hours of pitch and slider testing on 22, not even a nibble. Anti-English bias, I reckon :eyesrolling:
I do know a few beta English guys, so I don't think that's the case. I do feel you definitely deserve to be part of the beta, but off late I'm getting the impression that big ants haven't been that keen on getting the testing activity done through Planet cricket members.

cricboi

Club Captain
Considering how many of us filed tickets during the first 8 months of Cricket 22 it's a bit surprising they just dont give us a crack at it first.

noys390

County Cricketer
So let me summarize all the info I had so far

1)Screenshots/trailer in the end of this month or begining of next month
2)Different pace bowlers speeds in club and higher level cricket
3)Pace slider
4)Career mode enhancement and new interface (I don't know what actually they are)
5)Ultimate dream mode both online and offline with weekly challenges
6)More cutscenes in literally every mode (Team practice cutscene as well)

Apart from a pacer speed slider, the two other things are recommended for 'pacer setup page' in single player mode.
1) A slider for aggressiveness. (willingness to go for more yorkers on stumps)
2) A slider for pacers willingness to come 'round the wicket' to RH or LH batsman.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
If there's one thing that could be added, I would just like to see something like this available in a match for batters and bowlers to inform my choices about the deliveries I bowl and the shots I play. Even better for those choices to matter, so I don't just bring on Rassie van der Dussen to bowl teams out.

xcook.png

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If there's one thing that could be added, I would just like to see something like this available in a match for batters and bowlers to inform my choices about the deliveries I bowl and the shots I play. Even better for those choices to matter, so I don't just bring on Rassie van der Dussen to bowl teams out.

View attachment 278034

I'm not a fan of them reworking the attributes model in nearly every game as I think that indicates that they've not quite hit the ideal solution yet. I'd love to see them take a step towards incorporating something like your design here. Elements of it already exists in C22 but it could be refined further, especially the preferences part.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I'm not a fan of them reworking the attributes model in nearly every game as I think that indicates that they've not quite hit the ideal solution yet. I'd love to see them take a step towards incorporating something like your design here. Elements of it already exists in C22 but it could be refined further, especially the preferences part.
I just want to be able to see the skills of players during a match. At the moment I could be bowling deliveries my player has no real strength in (if that matters - it should). Whereas if I see a player has a strong inswing skill I would preference that. Equally, I might see my batter is stronger in other aspects than I've been trying.

At the very least I'd like to see something like:

Stock Delivery: 1 Seam, 2 Out Swing
Change Up: 1 Slower Ball, 2 Yorker

Ideally there would be more depth to both in terms of their strengths and weaknesses. I think the micro stuff (like shot preferences or front foot weaknesses) is more complex because you're dealing with thousands of players but more general stuff like match ups would not be as complex. So, I could go 'Oh, this player is weak against Right Arm Finger Spin, I'll try that first.'

I'd love to see an 'insight' system, I guess you could call it 'Match ups', where as your confidence grows more information about your opponent is revealed. In career mode this could be something that is provided like a 'coach report'. Nothing in club cricket though, you just have to reveal it during a match, but as you become more professional you might see some 'insights' at the start of an innings as this would reflect more knowledge/research levels at the higher levels. This could perhaps be built in with the Proficiencies so some players might look to gain 'knowledge' rather than skill based leveling up. Like, if you know more about your opponent it could/should be as useful as being highly skilled. If you reach Jimmy Anderson levels you could just be super skillful and super knowledgable and they can activate 'big-head' mode that used to be in DBC17.

Anyway, I have to tidy my flat. I could sit here all day writing out my ideas for skills.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

View attachment 278034
These stats only matter (in C22) when a player is rated 70 or less. That too sometimes.
Otherwise a set batsman would just play an ugly flick to give his wicket away.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I just want to be able to see the skills of players during a match. At the moment I could be bowling deliveries my player has no real strength in (if that matters - it should). Whereas if I see a player has a strong inswing skill I would preference that. Equally, I might see my batter is stronger in other aspects than I've been trying.

Ideally there would be more depth to both in terms of their strengths and weaknesses. I think the micro stuff (like shot preferences or front foot weaknesses) is more complex because you're dealing with thousands of players but more general stuff like match ups would not be as complex. So, I could go 'Oh, this player is weak against Right Arm Finger Spin, I'll try that first.'

I'd love to see an 'insight' system, I guess you could call it 'Match ups', where as your confidence grows more information about your opponent is revealed. In career mode this could be something that is provided like a 'coach report'. Nothing in club cricket though, you just have to reveal it during a match, but as you become more professional you might see some 'insights' at the start of an innings as this would reflect more knowledge/research levels at the higher levels. This could perhaps be built in with the Proficiencies so some players might look to gain 'knowledge' rather than skill based leveling up. Like, if you know more about your opponent it could/should be as useful as being highly skilled. If you reach Jimmy Anderson levels you could just be super skillful and super knowledgable and they can activate 'big-head' mode that used to be in DBC17.

Anyway, I have to tidy my flat. I could sit here all day writing out my ideas for skills.
The big head mode was only in DBC 14 I guess

Attachments

• CEuHxhj.jpeg
    CEuHxhj.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 21

Bevab

Staff Member

Now I want a 'Jimmy as a big head' in C24. Oh what have you done to me...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
The big head mode was only in DBC 14 I guess
Bring back the fun. Likewise, bring back Boomer the duck and make him a passive aggressive troll that pops up to give you tips and mock you when you do badly (I'm 100% serious)
Now I want a 'Jimmy as a big head' in C24. Oh what have you done to me...
Preferably doing the Matt Coles celebration when he takes a wicket cause they've added custom celebrations.

Bevab

Staff Member
Bring back the fun. Likewise, bring back Boomer the duck and make him a passive aggressive troll that pops up to give you tips and mock you when you do badly (I'm 100% serious)

Preferably doing the Matt Coles celebration when he takes a wicket cause they've added custom celebrations.

I'm reminded of the Clippy from MS Word that acts all smug when you try to ask it for help. They had it parodied in a recent Age of Empires tournament live and it was super funny so I'm all in for that being a thing with Boomer the Duck. :lol

I also agree with what you're saying in principle. We used to have some fun options in the older games for customisation that I'd very much like to return for one.

Users who are viewing this thread