Cricket 24 - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Will definitely buy the game if the game offers the majority of this after the initial few patches!

1. Ability for the captain to change the team after seeing the pitch and weather conditions.

2. Bowlers no longer jog to fetch the ball which is few feet away from them while batsman is completing easy singles.

3. Fielders are not taking their own sweet time and bending (knees... come on guys) to pick the balls while batsman is gonna run once more for the bend and throw.

4. Not all the throws to the stumps should be a direct hit.

5. Close in fielders should be looking to dodge against a well-timed shot than flying to take an impossible catch.

6. AI learns to play the flick without causing bat-pad for like 50% of time.

7. Batsmen stamina draining big time if sprint and dive is over abused.

8. Effort ball is limited to 1 or 2 per over and using it regularly will have severe stamina drain which should injure the bowler.

9. Six hitting has to be mellowed down, at the moment even tailenders can hit 130 meters six. Six hitting should be based on the power of the batsman and the timing. If its a player who is relying purely on timing, he wouldn't be able to hit sixes bigger than 100 meters continuously.

10. With lower bowler stamina, the bowling marker should get very wavered, and it has been harder for the bowler to pitch the ball where they want [Multiplayer matches]. This will make players rotate the bowlers than sticking on to one gun bowler.

11. Player running speed based on their speed attribute than their height. Right now, the fastest runners between the wickets are the tallest players in the game. whereas in reality players like Gayle or an Ishanth Sharma is slow between the wickets.

12. Wicket keeper diving only if the ball passes the batsman.

13. Flicking a spinner on the leg side shouldn't be called a no-ball.

14. Spinners should be able to ball no-ball as well, not sure why you can't fix it after 6 games????

15. Bowlers should have a minimum skill for every attribute. Online gamers edit players and make bowlers have 0 skill for some attributes to have unfair advantage over the game, if at least 3/10 bars for bowler's and all-rounders mandatory this will fix the issue.

16. Sweeping fast bowlers should have more consequences than it is now. In multiplayer matches people abuse the sweep but in real life you can't keep sweeping the fast bowlers like you do against spinners.

17. Umpire's with attributes. Not all umpires should be umpiring alike. Some should be really good and some should more often give poor outputs. Not everyone is Simon Taufel.. Duhhhh

18. Full tosses, waist high full tosses and attempted waist high full tosses which would be considered as a no-ball has to be in the game and is very common these days.

19. AI should be able to plan its bowling plan. Most often than not the AI will bowl out its best bowler within 30 overs and use its most useless part timers to bowl the last 6 overs of an innings. if at all part-timers are to be used they have to be used in the middle and not at the end like in real life.

20. Multiplayer games should have a restriction on number of fielders that can be used in one side. There are those geniuses who keep all 9 fielders on offside and then bowl wide outside off alone! that's madness.

21. Pitch deterioration (not going to explain)

22. Ranking system for internationals showing Team, bowler, batsman and all-rounder ratings.

23. In career mode, we should be compared against potential players who are eyeing the same position the team. Based on which we should be selected or removed from the team.

24. If you are the captain of the team, you should be able to see fatigue of your teammates and their forms. It will help in bringing more dynamic teams than sticking with one same team.

25 last but not the least the big ant league. It's a wonderful idea, it needs more severe penalty on players using an unfair strategy. Right now, the penalty is low that no one cares about it and keep winning their matches with unfair practices. You are making the gentleman's game and like MCC you have the duty to uphold the values of cricket.

Regardless of whatever I've told till date and Ross blocking me on twitter, I will still buy the game if a good % of the above have been incorporated. Fingers crossed, wishing big ant team all the very best.
Some good ideas

I disagree about effort balls to some extent. I think some bowlers should be able to be bowl more than others. Mark Wood for example would be capable of a 'high effort spell' which includes 2 or 3 effort balls per over, however he needs longer rest between spells.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Some good ideas

I disagree about effort balls to some extent. I think some bowlers should be able to be bowl more than others. Mark Wood for example would be capable of a 'high effort spell' which includes 2 or 3 effort balls per over, however he needs longer rest between spells.
Maybe for effort ball we can reduce the window of green zone on release to make them bowl no balls for taking the extra effort..

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
BLIC'99 from Codemasters remains my all time favourite. It captured cricketing atmosphere beautifully for that time.
You're right. They had a variety of pitches and each behaved differently. Specific grounds like Barbados and Perth had fiery pitches suited for the faster bowlers.

That game stayed relevant for a pretty long time. I played it almost until 2007-8 ,that's when the newer gen of computers stopped supporting BLC99

Muhammad shafiq

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i really want to see in cricket24 player profile like dbc14 where u earn points ! and gain level !

MattW

Screenshot 2023-04-12 175532.png

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Some good ideas

Some sort of a balancing should be there is what I mean. If someone can ball 3 effort balls they should drain energy faster being very slow on the field.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
One thing that really breaks the immersion of the game is the static boundary ropes ...the flaps of the boundary ropes must move when a ball hits it...and when a player dives to stop the ball and slides on to the rope ..

Hobbi07

Club Captain
If they had AAA programming skills, I wouldn't have been blocked by Ross.

Or maybe it's because you don't appreciate the amount of time and effort it goes into making a niche title such as Cricket.

Maybe try and be a bit more thankful you actually have a game to play that's updated every year(ish) - there are many sports that wish they had the same treatment.

shery_rsa

Club Captain
You're right. They had a variety of pitches and each behaved differently. Specific grounds like Barbados and Perth had fiery pitches suited for the faster bowlers.

That game stayed relevant for a pretty long time. I played it almost until 2007-8 ,that's when the newer gen of computers stopped supporting BLC99
What about crowd sounds specially in barbados really love that atmosphere

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Blc 99 was indeed naustalgia.... even in blc07 we have some niche stuff that desperately needed in cricket games to "feel" cricket.... :)

freeshead55

Club Cricketer
I am sure by now game is almost done
But some of the things they can still do and improve are
1) Realistic cloud changes. Making evening clouds red/oranges, Sun rays in morning.
2) More realistic cameras. Just check tele broadcast camera on all the matches how they move on when batsman hit the balls it changes to another camera on fielder.
3) Add LIVE on scorecard on top right corner.
4) Different scorecard panel options. Skysports style scorecard for England games, Fox sports style for Australia games. Supersports style for SA games
5) Different outfield patterns. Dark inside circles, lighter outside circles. Pattern inside circle. No more small cross pattern.
6) Home team support crowd color + flags.
7) Allow user to select pitches, making one sided shorter and one sided bigger will make it more realistic.
8) Crowd setting options.
9) Shod cut scenes, pitch report and interviews during lunch, tea breaks in test cricket. It will make Test cricket more interesting
10) Allow user to pick any three commentators for the match.

MatrixNeo14

Club Captain
Profile Flag
South Africa
1) Realistic cloud changes. Making evening clouds red/oranges, Sun rays in morning.
2) More realistic cameras. Just check tele broadcast camera on all the matches how they move on when batsman hit the balls it changes to another camera on fielder.
4) Different scorecard panel options. Skysports style scorecard for England games, Fox sports style for Australia games. Supersports style for SA games
5) Different outfield patterns. Dark inside circles, lighter outside circles. Pattern inside circle. No more small cross pattern.
7) Allow user to select pitches, making one sided shorter and one sided bigger will make it more realistic.
9) Shod cut scenes, pitch report and interviews during lunch, tea breaks in test cricket. It will make Test cricket more interesting
Yes please, more outfield patterns.

And to add to the score overlay, where it shows the run rate and runs required, it could be used to pop up more info like, show the time of the day, current weather conditions, runs scored and balls faced in current partnership, overs left in the session/day, next batsmen to come in, upcoming milestones/records etc.

I think especially in the longer formats it would be nice to have.

Talking about milestones and records... I would like to see some sort of cut scene let's say for when a bowler takes his 100th test wicket or a batsman scores his 1000th run etc. It could be a quick show of the scoreboard that comes up with a message or something like that. And obviously it would be nice for the commentators to mention it as well. If I remember correctly the commentators do mention it when a bowler takes his 100th wicket, but I also think they used to repeat the same line for every wicket the bowler takes after that in the same innings. And I would also like to see them mention when a team or individual record has been broken. I think it gives a more immersive feel to the game.

sdubey40

Club Cricketer
More than the patterns, BA needs to work on realistic looking patchy grass ... especially in the Indian subcontinent...even real cricket 22 has nailed this...what BA usually does is that they tone down the colour of the grass in the Indian subcontinent which is not enough... colour of grass in the subcontinent is very different from that of Australia aur England....infact all the countries have different grass colours like westindies , Australia etc. Moreover the colours in general used in previous editions of the game were very primary...they really need to have better looking colour schemes

Users who are viewing this thread